Sponsored

Twice my engine has stalled!

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was driving around 10-30 mph and my engine quit. I had to stop put the car into park and restart the engine.... Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I was driving around 10-30 mph and my engine quit. I had to stop put the car into park and restart the engine.... Anyone else have this issue?
You cannot just slide it into Neutral at speed and fire it back up while coasting?

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Any more details? Engine type? AT or MT? Etc.

Sorry to hear. Sounds like a trip to the auto shop may be in order.

OP
OP

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i would never do anything less than the 5.0. You buy a muscle care you buy a muscle car! Mine is automatic... I have been in shock and denial both times it quit. The last time was very embarrassing.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I believe there is a TSB out for this issue. Assuming you have no engine modifications, your car's PCM gets reflashed with any updated calibration. The TSB does say the symptoms of the engine dying and no error codes set is what it fixes.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
My car actually did this once, just before entering an intersection. With mine l chalked it up to bad gas as l also had a stumble where l thought it was going to die but didn't. Both occurances happened soon after filling at a local (budget) Arco station. So l ended any further visits there and low and behold haven't had an issue since. I also didn't have a CEL come on when this happened but had the dealer check it out anyway but they didn't find any indication for a cause.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer and get it checked out, n813ca. Also, let’s get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Sponsored