Sponsored

Turbo Upgrade First? Or Bolt Ons first?

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ive been debating on either buying a turbo upgrade first or bolting on first i currently have an intake tune and exhaust. I just though that i might aswell get the most expensive part of the list first or is this not the way to go?
Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
first you need an intercooler, and I would suggest a more free flowing catback exhaust. Turbo upgrade kit will have new cai and downpipe, unless you want a stock size turbo upgrade, still recommend bolt ons first.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I had the Cavalli upgrade in mind

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
You need to determine if you want a stock location turbo upgrade or a big turbo upgrade which replaces all the factory components. If you do a big turbo upgrade you will get a downpipe, intake, and pass side charge pipe in the kit so all your stock turbo upgrades will be useless.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I want to do a big turbo after my warranty is up just a stock location for now is what i have in mind

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Well if you are going to be purchasing both, then what is this post for? If you do stock frame turbo now, then buy all the bolt ons for it. Then when you go big turbo upgrade you will just swap everything out.

Stevem627

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP AT
I think if you're going to run a larger turbo, you had best make sure the internals are beefed up also.

Personally, I did bolt-ons and will probably put a turbo on the replaces the stock turbo.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I think if you're going to run a larger turbo, you had best make sure the internals are beefed up also.

Personally, I did bolt-ons and will probably put a turbo on the replaces the stock turbo.
You can run an upgraded turbo on stock block, not an issue. However don't believe SOME of the things posted on the forums about pushing the stock block.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
After what I've been seeing and reading, I would just do an intercooler and tune for now. Then do big turbo upgrade later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
You can run an upgraded turbo on stock block, not an issue. However don't believe SOME of the things posted on the forums about pushing the stock block.
I want 600 HP safely on the stock block!!!! ha

Sponsored

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
There will be direct bolt on turbos that will produce power levels to 500 in the very near future. I have already been pushing 53 lbs/per minute with the Cavalli and can produce more with what will be released next week, so if you purchase a down pipe and intercooler there will be a direct bolt on turbo that will mate to them and produce the power many are looking for.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
There will be direct bolt on turbos that will produce power levels to 500 in the very near future. I have already been pushing 53 lbs/per minute with the Cavalli and can produce more with what will be released next week, so if you purchase a down pipe and intercooler there will be a direct bolt on turbo that will mate to them and produce the power many are looking for.
Alright thanks
Sponsored