Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Ive been using Tune+ since March 2016.
At the time I only had and intake and catless downpipe. I soon realized the importance of upgrading the intercooler. The summer kept my charge temps around 120-140 :/
Great thing about this tune was that it allowed me to purchase my mods at my pace and whenever I felt like and didn't have to pay for additional tuning.

Anyway eventually I was ful bolt on and mixing for E30. But now that the car had all this extra horsepower, the PP spring were becoming a problem because the car started to squat real hard more than usual, at stops and on the highway.

After all the suspension work was done. The car was completely different and the tune was really able to shine.

I raced 2 ss550 5.0's with full exhaust 50,60,70 rolls. Both same result all 3 times. Initially both cars were dead lock even for about a second then I would pull away 3-5 mph until we reached 120mph. Even if they got a split second jump they just couldn't keep up the same pace.

The configuration of both cars is not fully known but they definitely made a lot of noise so I would assume intake& exhaust but we will never know.

One thing I did notice which helped out was that both 5.0s front ends dipped during shifts. I would gain a little every time they shifted. So stiffer springs definitely help.

I'm pretty happy with these results and by no means this is scientific proof that every Ecoboost with the same set up can run all over bolt on 5.0s. Just sharing my experience.

I will be purchasing a Vargas stage 2 twinscroll for my bday this march so I will do a final dyno pull before and one after the install for fun so you guys can check it out.

*grammar/spelling
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I believe you, when I had a similar set up (auto) with stock tires every non-tuned 5.0 I've raced at the track, auto or not, I've beat. Even beat a 16 SS, granted the SS was brand new a couple days old not broken in and driver was still learning the car/shift points.

After 120mph though I'm not sure the outcome may vary I wish we had a longer track.

Sponsored

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
Ive been using Tune+ since March 2016.
At the time I only had and intake and catless downpipe. I soon realized the importance of upgrading the intercooler. The summer kept my charge temps around 120-140 :/
Great thing about this tune was that it allowed me to purchase my mods at my pace and whenever I felt like and didn't have to pay for additional tuning.

Anyway eventually I was ful bolt on and mixing for E30. But now that the car had all this extra horsepower, the PP spring were becoming a problem because the car started to squat real hard more than usual, at stops and on the highway.

After all the suspension work was done. The car was completely different and the tune was really able to shine.

I raced 2 ss550 5.0's with full exhaust 50,60,70 rolls. Both same result all 3 times. Initially both cars were dead lock even for about a second then I would pull away 3-5 mph until we reached 120mph. Even if they got a split second jump they just couldn't keep up the same pace.

The configuration of both cars is not fully known but they definitely made a lot of noise so I would assume intake& exhaust but we will never know.

One thing I did notice which helped out was that both 5.0s front ends dipped during shifts. I would gain a little every time they shifted. So stiffer springs definitely help.

I'm pretty happy with these results and by no means this is scientific proof that every Ecoboost with the same set up can run all over bolt on 5.0s. Just sharing my experience.

I will be purchasing a Vargas stage 2 twinscroll for my bday this march so I will do a final dyno pull before and one after the install for fun so you guys can check it out.

*grammar/spelling
Thats awesome news! I have the same done to my Auto with trans tune from Adam. I'm running the stock box with AEM filter, Velossa, and airraid pipe though. I took my catless downpipe off since the noise was too loud for my taste and Adam said it doesnt help without having a bigger turbo. I'm part of a mustang club in my area and there are only two of us that have ecobooms as they all call it. Cant wait for it to warm up to shut some of them up. Did you race these guys from a punch or a dig each time? I'm def need to get my suspension locked down before I hit the track though. Running Eibachs sportlines and thats it.

Last edited:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
OP, that sounds like a pretty good set-up you got going there. There's a young guy across town that I hang with from time to time who has an EB. I don't think he knows about Tune+, and he's always interested in best bang for the buck mods to give himself more get up and go. I'm gonna let him know your experience with them and what you did to yours.

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I believe you, when I had a similar set up (auto) with stock tires every non-tuned 5.0 I've raced at the track, auto or not, I've beat. Even beat a 16 SS, granted the SS was brand new a couple days old not broken in and driver was still learning the car/shift points.

After 120mph though I'm not sure the outcome may vary I wish we had a longer track.
ya as we got closer to 110-120mph my pull on them started to slow down. I'm sure if we kept going to 150 they might've caught up ;) lol

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
OP, that sounds like a pretty good set-up you got going there. There's a young guy across town that I hang with from time to time who has an EB. I don't think he knows about Tune+, and he's always interested in best bang for the buck mods to give himself more get up and go. I'm gonna let him know your experience with them and what you did to yours.

Cool! Ya main reason I went with tune+ is because of the Cobb accessport. If I'm not around any E85 stations I press my cancel button on my steering wheel twice and bam I'm on my 93 tune. Another reason is flat-foot shifting and burnout mode. If I could do it all over again I would upgrade in this order,

Performance:
Cobb accessport w/Tune+ tune
Intercooler
Suspension cradle lockout & stiffer springs
(Diff lockout if you like weird noises all the time lol this made big difference on how shifting felt)

For cool sounds
Intake and full exhaust w/ or w/out cat

Sponsored

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I raced 2 ss550 5.0's with full exhaust 50,60,70 rolls.

Not to poop on your celebration but...First you claim their full exhaust then you're assuming intake and just exhaust? Mods that we will never know?? Sounds like you raced two stock GTs with roush or corsa exhaust only and drivers that cant bang the gear.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Not to poop on your celebration but...First you claim their full exhaust then you're assuming intake and just exhaust? Mods that we will never know?? Sounds like you raced two stock GTs with roush or corsa exhaust only and drivers that cant bang the gear.
My buddy has the same setup as me "auto" and the op and ran a 12.3 at the track w time slip to prove, stock pp tires. Non of the bolt on gt mustangs in the club have beat his time

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My buddy has the same setup as me "auto" and the op and ran a 12.3 at the track w time slip to prove, stock pp tires. Non of the bolt on gt mustangs in the club have beat his time
I believe and agree the eco can be made quicker (any modded car can be made faster than anything) but a full exhaust GT with intake and tune will run in 11s or should depending on driver. We also have bone stock GTs to the tire running 12.3/12.4 on this forum with slips posted.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I believe and agree the eco can be made quicker (any modded car can be made faster than anything) but a full exhaust GT with intake and tune will run in 11s or should depending on driver. We also have bone stock GTs to the tire running 12.3/12.4 on this forum with slips posted.
I agree, its up to the drivers. I think the modded ecoboost and bolt on GTs are very comparable. I've seen the ecoboost run high 11s too with the same mods w the right tire. The BIG difference is that you dont have to worry about blowing the GT up. That's exactly why I'm thinking of trading mine come 2018 model change.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
We also have bone stock GTs to the tire running 12.3/12.4 on this forum with slips posted.
hero run with neg DA, in my experience at the track a bone stock gt to the tires will almost always run a high 12 to low 13, depending on driver of course. Even our leaderboards can paint that picture out of the top 25 ..17 are between 12.7-13.2.

a well tuned EB on e30 should be able to consistently hit mid 12's on stock tires at least that was my experience. As I stated previously, post 120mph I'm not sure of the outcome but I'm pretty sure that stock turbo will get hot, intercooler as well and eventually the GT would pass. It would be cool to test though and see at what MPH this, on average, occurs at.
Sponsored