rosc0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic V8SC
Hi Guys.

I'm in Australia and my 2018 GT is still months away. Zenclosures won't ship here, so I need to DIY a similar enclosure. Was hoping someone can please measure the following for me:

1. Width and height of the rear seat opening, and the angle of the opening from the floor (assuming it's not 90 degrees).
2. As above for the trunk opening.
3. Distance (depth) between each opening.

Hope that makes sense.

Once I've got it sorted, I'll upload my editable Sketchup/AutoCAD drawings and supporting volume/dimension calculation spreadsheets so others can also go the DIY route.

Thanks!
Russ
Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
To piggy back off of OP, I too would like to know the specs. I need a box similar to the Zen box but eith more volume. I would like to know the specs of the zen box. The height and width and both depths if possible from a dual sub setup.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Does anyone know if it's the same as a 2017? I have a bunch of trunk and opening measurements I took for my system.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know if it's the same as a 2017? I have a bunch of trunk and opening measurements I took for my system.
Yes its the same size as the 2017. I purchased the Zenclosure box for the 2015-17 and it fit perfect in my 2018 GT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rosc0w

rosc0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
If you could provide those measurements it would be much appreciated!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Here is my rough sketch of the measurements of the trunk. Note that the side cubby holes measurements may not be 100% as theyre hard to measure with the uneven walls of the trunk. The other dimensions should be spot on as I designed my system around them.

Things to note/explain.

The seat opening is not equal at the top and bottom as noted in the drawing. Top width is 37" bottom width is 38.5" It's tapered.

You should be able to figure out the angle of the back seat with some kind of math using the dimensions I gave you, lol.

Height of the trunk is about 15" at it's smallest point.

Any other questions let me know! Hope this helps.

OP
OP
rosc0w

rosc0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
Here is my rough sketch of the measurements of the trunk. Note that the side cubby holes measurements may not be 100% as theyre hard to measure with the uneven walls of the trunk. The other dimensions should be spot on as I designed my system around them.

Things to note/explain.

The seat opening is not equal at the top and bottom as noted in the drawing. Top width is 37" bottom width is 38.5" It's tapered.

You should be able to figure out the angle of the back seat with some kind of math using the dimensions I gave you, lol.

Height of the trunk is about 15" at it's smallest point.

Any other questions let me know! Hope this helps.
Thanks very much, this is exactly what I was after! Time for some trigonometry. :)

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
did anyone ever figure out the sub box angle against the rear seat?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I was curious about the angle as well
Sponsored