Troubleshooting my newly installed ESS G2 kit

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
wengerd for the win!! I had issues previously and my tuner would not hear what i was saying. contacted another company they did not want me to go to them bc I mentioned my issue. I spent about a whole summer making sure it was tune related despite being told the tune was good and I need to put the car back to stock. messaged wengerd he answered my questions I had him tune the car a week later and on the base tune the car doing what it should have been doing. I knew I was good on the base tune less than 5 miles in to my first log session.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
I had no idea Lund Racing has soo many unsatisfied people. I naturally assumed they were at the top of their game with Alex as their social media presence. That’s how I chose them to get my first NA tune. I guess I had rose colored glasses on.

yea, if they don’t work with me today, it is what it is. That’s their business model. I will have to move on to Wengerd which I feel more confident about.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I had no idea Lund Racing has soo many unsatisfied people. I naturally assumed they were at the top of their game with Alex as their social media presence. That’s how I chose them to get my first NA tune. I guess I had rose colored glasses on.

yea, if they don’t work with me today, it is what it is. That’s their business model. I will have to move on to Wengerd which I feel more confident about.
You should look up the Lund thread from last year. I had good luck with them. But when I did run into issues this was always their response. They don't work weekends & will not help after hours. Don't blame them, but other tuners will go above & beyond, they're far from that.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/beware-of-lund.182628/

Sponsored

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1

Lund is top of the game. They tune the most out of anyone. They do have a reputation for being very quick to jump to installation issues (because it usually is their issues). I would keep working with Lund. This shouldn't be a one message and quit kind of thing. Tell them you rechecked everything, send pic of injector box, etc. They will work with you.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Lund is top of the game. They tune the most out of anyone. They do have a reputation for being very quick to jump to installation issues (because it usually is their issues). I would keep working with Lund. This shouldn't be a one message and quit kind of thing. Tell them you rechecked everything, send pic of injector box, etc. They will work with you.
If you read the "NUMEROUS" Previous post regarding Lund, it is evident to the average person Lund "IS-NOT" what they use to be, as far as the average person who wants to custom tune their vehicle. From what I have read throughout the years, LUND was never on my TOP 1 Trillionth tuner List. But if your happy, Great, then definitely stay with them.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

Generally speaking Lund is great. The vast majority of people have great success with their tunes, myself included. Their problem seems to be when something doesn't work they instantly blame everything else before taking the time to investigate their side of things. I'm really surprised they haven't taken a step back to reevaluate their way of doing things with all the negative talk surrounding them on here. It can't be good for business.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Generally speaking Lund is great. The vast majority of people have great success with their tunes, myself included.
Here is how Lund treated a company that sold millions of dollars of tunes.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ger-supporting-lund-tuning-after-9-27.180907/
I wouldn't use Lund to tune my lawnmower

You do you
I had no idea Lund Racing has soo many unsatisfied people. I naturally assumed they were at the top of their game with Alex as their social media presence.
If you want more info give Terry a call @beefcake

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have emailed them pictures of the box the new injectors came in already as well as pictures of the injectors themselves. Everything else is in good mechanical order and condition after multiple checks, And yes I will still attempt to work with them for the next few days. But if they keep on with the default response without any further investigations on their part what choice do I have?

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have emailed them pictures of the box the new injectors came in already as well as pictures of the injectors themselves. Everything else is in good mechanical order and condition after multiple checks, And yes I will still attempt to work with them for the next few days. But if they keep on with the default response without any further investigations on their part what choice do I have?
Can you have someone else overlook the car, in person? I know I've missed things that were obviously wrong when I was in the middle of a project/install

Maybe take a detailed video, show everything involved with the kit. All the piping, all the vacuum lines, all the wiring, post it up and maybe someone will notice something off.

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
I agree, if you get no choice, then you get no choice.

The other option is to hop on Alex's livestream tonight at 8est and make a fuss. If you have your device number, sometimes he reviews tickets when people complain about crappy service. Who knows, he may even be tuning you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Can you have someone else overlook the car, in person? I know I've missed things that were obviously wrong when I was in the middle of a project/install
If you look at that log it is obvious there is a tune issue. There could be a mechanical issue also but doubtful.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, if you get no choice, then you get no choice.

The other option is to hop on Alex's livestream tonight at 8est and “make a fuss”. If you have your device number, sometimes he reviews tickets when people complain about crappy service. Who knows, he may even be tuning you.
im not someone to look into making trouble. Are you mad at me or something? Why would I make a scene on his platform when there is already a ticket system in place to fix the issue via email?

This thread originally was not a post to bash Lund because I am not, it was for assisting my Install and troubleshooting what could have went wrong and asking the members on this forum for advice, which I received and am very grateful for it. Unfortunately It eventually landed on the calibration being the reason for my issues. They were the calibrators, anyway you look at the facts.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Here is how Lund treated a company that sold millions of dollars of tunes.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ger-supporting-lund-tuning-after-9-27.180907/
I wouldn't use Lund to tune my lawnmower

You do you

If you want more info give Terry a call @beefcake
Yes we are all aware of how they treated Terry. And if they can do it to him, it could happen to anyone. There has definitely been some who Lund did wrong by brushing off their issues so even I'd think twice before doing anymore tuning with them but the majority of guys on here saying Lund sucks are just dick swingers who jumped on the bandwagon with no personal experience.
Sponsored