OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
Put your OEM injectors back in and see if it runs
Did what you said, it idles a lot better and got it to run for about 2 minutes but it wants to rev high on its own unless you sink the clutch at idle. What does that mean? Calibration is incorrect?
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Did what you said, it idles a lot better and got it to run for about 2 minutes but it wants to rev high on its own unless you sink the clutch at idle. What does that mean? Calibration is incorrect?
It would mean to me that they botched the Injector data in the tune. (and who knows what else)

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would mean to me that they botched the Injector data in the tune.
I had a feeling. I will send them a message tonight. I’m gonna tinker with the bypass valve, I haven’t seen if it needs to be loosened yet. But everytime I released the clutch at idle it wanted to rev hard on its own

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I had a feeling. I will send them a message tonight. I’m gonna tinker with the bypass valve, I haven’t seen if it needs to be loosened yet. But everytime I released the clutch at idle it wanted to rev hard on its own
hmm,

they do know that you have a manual transmission right?

Make sure the crush washers are in place on both sides of the BOV banjo fitting

Cancel Lund, get Wengerd

Last edited:
OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm,

they do know that you have a manual transmission right?

Make sure the crush washers are in place on both sides of the BOV fitting

Cancel Lund, get Wengerd
They should, I filled my data out when ordering the tune.

and I will, there are no washers on there rn which would probably explain the revving cause of unstable vacuum in the motor.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
They should, I filled my data out when ordering the tune.

and I will, there are no washers on there rn which would probably explain the revving cause of unstable vacuum in the motor.
ESS's solution for the BOV vacuum source isn't really ideal. You really want a dedicated source directly from the intake manifold to each item that requires boost/vacuum, using a vacuum block.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ESS's solution for the BOV vacuum source isn't really ideal. You really want a dedicated source directly from the intake manifold to each item that requires boost/vacuum, using a vacuum block.
I see, which line would you split for the dedicated vacuum source?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I see, which line would you split for the dedicated vacuum source?
I used the 5/8" snap fitting and port on the intake manifold, where my PCV line used to go (I have a dual port breather catch can, both valve covers feed directly to it) then used a brass barbed reducer to neck down to a 3/8" line to feed my vacuum block. There may be an empty (capped) port on your intake manifold behind the throttle body

Or, you could use the vacuum port that used to feed your IMRC vacuum pods.

Fitting for Vacuum source.jpg

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
This is probably not much help, but I had the same issues when I did my install. Car was running pig rich and would die after 30 seconds at most. It was all tune related. I switched to wengerd and it fired right off and ran great on his base tune.

I wasn't using Lund, but they may be using the wrong injector data.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I’d also like to add that I was tuned by wengerd and had an excellent experience, I know that doesn’t help you. But it seems like it could be related to the tune or the injectors.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all that helped and gave suggestions today. I really appreciate this community a lot, you all have a lot to share from your experience, and I have a lot to learn from.

Just for funzies, I put my steeda intake on since my stock injectors were still in from the last test, and without removing the supercharger to do another test on my current compression/fueling. I loaded my updated NA tune to account for the IMRC Lockouts and it started up perfectly. As a result I confirmed two things there (Fuel pump and BAP are good, and I am getting good spark)

After wards I installed the ESS G2 base map and Shelby injectors and called it a day 😅

I sent off an email to Lund, I hope they can take another look at the tune with the injector information instead of dismissing it as user error. If that doesn’t work I’ll take another look at another Tuner like wengerd

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
You still have the vacuum line hooked up to the IMRC port. I thought that has to be plugged when you lock them out. Mine are active so I'm not sure.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Morning, today Lund got back with me on my email.

“…we sent you a file for a manual transmission and the predator injectors from the 2020+. There's no issue on our end with the tune file. To me it sounds like you don't have the correct tune file loaded like you have your old NA file loaded. Please confirm that.”

I know I uploaded the correct file they sent me via TDN network. I’m not sure what I did wrong. But I will reattempt this Thursday. I asked for the base file to be emailed to me also so if the RTD is not doing something it should, I can try using my laptop to program my PCM.

in the meantime I will mock up the boost reference line that was shared in this thread and fix that. I will post pictures when I can and keep you all updated. I hope this helps others that read my story once this is over and done with.