Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Did a search, but came up with nothing.

I have some very noticeable whine from the transmission, especially when decelerating in low gears. Normal?

If it is normal then I'm fine, I don't mind the sound in a track-bred machine like this, but if it's not something I should be hearing then I'll take it in. Again, there's NO grinding, just whine. Synchros?

If I have to, I'll take a video, but if this is normal then I assume everyone will know what I'm talking about without a video.
I know why your xmsn i whining? Becuase you are not driving the car hard enough! hahahah. But in all seriousness, I have whines and vibrations but I also have a strong maintenance and engineering background and nothing I have heard so far worries me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
I know why your xmsn i whining? Becuase you are not driving the car hard enough! hahahah. But in all seriousness, I have whines and vibrations but I also have a strong maintenance and engineering background and nothing I have heard so far worries me.
Good to hear. Nothing I'm hearing is terrifying me either; it's what I expected from this hi-po car... but it's still nice to check with others and make sure nothing is out of the ordinary.

Great responses, guys!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Good to hear. Nothing I'm hearing is terrifying me either; it's what I expected from this hi-po car... but it's still nice to check with others and make sure nothing is out of the ordinary.

Great responses, guys!
You should check that's what the forums are for. Enjoy your car.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well I "am" just rolling with it. My trans is pretty quiet at 350 miles...but the piston slap at full temperature is a little unnerving, to be honest.
Where/When are you hearing piston slap? The only noise my car makes is between 2000-2500 or so rpm and my buddies does the exact same thing. Not sure exactly what it is.. but it does sound anything like piston slap I've heard in other engines.
Sponsored