Sponsored

Traded in my GT for a C7, I'm missing the GT..

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The dealership got my tires in and putting them on Wednesday plus tinting the windows.

Went with Michelin pilot sport A/S 3’s. Hopefully they will workout good.
That is what i went with back in July. Makes a world of diff from the run craps.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Last I saw, Corvettes don't even have crash test ratings.
LOL! They have not been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
I wonder why insurance companies CONTINUE to insure them at reasonable rates?
What is your point? Do those tests determine for you whether to buy or not? I'll answer for you-of course not. But I'd feel safer in a new C7 than a '69 Mach 1 though.

Last edited:

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
LOL! They have not been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
I wonder why insurance companies CONTINUE to insure them at reasonable rates?
What is your point? Do those tests determine for you whether to buy or not? I'll answer for you-of course not. But I'd feel safer in a new C7 that a '69 Mach 1.
Did you even see the quote I was responding to from w3rkn??

"Ironically, I look down upon people who drive a Camaro, over a Vette, because at least a Vette has more visibility than someone willing to compromise their safety."

I thought it was silly of him to harp the importance of safety when the C7 is arguably worse, that is all.

And I agree with a C7 being safer than my '69 in every way. The '69 requires my full attention when driven.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Did you even see the quote I was responding to from w3rkn??

"Ironically, I look down upon people who drive a Camaro, over a Vette, because at least a Vette has more visibility than someone willing to compromise their safety."

I thought it was silly of him to harp the importance of safety when the C7 is arguably worse, that is all.

And I agree with a C7 being safer than my '69 in every way. The '69 requires my full attention when driven.
Thanks for explaining.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Corvettes insurance is very reasonable. They are low risk cars due to all the old guys that baby them. My full coverage is 55$ a month.
I priced out a C7 Vette Z06 insurance plan once. At age 29 it was like $90 a month. Less than my GT350...

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
I priced out a C7 Vette Z06 insurance plan once. At age 29 it was like $90 a month. Less than my GT350...
Thats not bad at all. Id love to be driving either of those cars. I def need to test drive them come summer time.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is what i went with back in July. Makes a world of diff from the run craps.
Got the car back with the new Michelin's and it's super quiet and runs much better. Forgot that when doing window tint to not roll the windows down for 3-5 days. Glad it has the targa top to remove.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
Vette s are great. I thought I would miss my 15 gt pp, but that didn't happen. I've put 10k on my car this year. I'm thinking I might find a 13 zr1 or maybe a 17 zo6 next. There is just something about a 3300lb car with 600hp. The vette puts power down pretty damn good too.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vette s are great. I thought I would miss my 15 gt pp, but that didn't happen. I've put 10k on my car this year. I'm thinking I might find a 13 zr1 or maybe a 17 zo6 next. There is just something about a 3300lb car with 600hp. The vette puts power down pretty damn good too.
Those C6 ZR-1’s are bad ass. Think they were like $120,000 when New.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got the car back with the new Michelin's and it's super quiet and runs much better. Forgot that when doing window tint to not roll the windows down for 3-5 days. Glad it has the targa top to remove.
Non run flats are not as loud by far. Grip much better than the stock runflats my C6 came with.

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I sometimes miss my little Dodge Dart, I could drive without being noticed. Now all I get is every retard with an exhaust revving at me.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Those C6 ZR-1’s are bad ass. Think they were like $120,000 when New.
I heard the ZR1s are classified as an Exotic by some insurance agencies though so be careful lol very high rates.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
I heard the ZR1s are classified as an Exotic by some insurance agencies though so be careful lol very high rates.
I already have a zr1. I was just saying I might replace it with a newer one.
Sponsored