Sponsored

Trade Mach 1 for base 2024 Corvette MSRP $67,895.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Am I crazy? Looked at the Dark Horse. What a price increase for not much of an upgrade. Mach 1 was my first new sports car. (Had a 1972 Vette 10yrs ago). Did not consider the C-8 because of ease of entry and onboard storage issues. I love the Mach after 18 months and 8000 wonderful miles, but I am feeling the itch. Not much time for me to enjoy crazy wild cars in my life.

dhorse.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I wouldn't say crazy, everyone has their own opinion on cars and what they want. IF I was going to step into a C8 I feel like I'd need to really get more out of the car instead of just the base (my own personal preference) which would cost a lot more than the base car. Also curious, is this dealer you're looking at where the C8 located actually willing to sell the car for msrp? Most dealers are charging pretty insane mark ups on all of the C8's with the exception of a couple.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I would be surprised if you could find a base Corvette like that in stock anywhere and if you could I doubt you could actually buy it for that. But I’ve been wrong before.

OP
OP
kellyreno

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I wouldn't say crazy, everyone has their own opinion on cars and what they want. IF I was going to step into a C8 I feel like I'd need to really get more out of the car instead of just the base (my own personal preference) which would cost a lot more than the base car. Also curious, is this dealer you're looking at where the C8 located actually willing to sell the car for msrp? Most dealers are charging pretty insane mark ups on all of the C8's with the exception of a couple.
I am in a small town and both dealers are miles away. Trying to get an "out their door price" "out of my pocket price" is like getting blood out of a stone. Considering going to the local dealer to find out what an order would cost.

Dealer Price$68,491
Price provided by ATHENS CHEVROLET, INC.
Home Location 29670Edit
Get your estimated price and payments, customize your vehicle and request delivery. Learn about the Buying Process
Explore Payments
Trade-in Appraisal
Request A Test Drive

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price Detail
Standard Vehicle Price
$66,300
Installed Options
$0
6.2L V8 DI engine
No Charge
8-speed dual clutch transmission
No Charge
Emissions, Federal requirements, 50-state certified
No Charge
Total Vehicle and Options
$66,300
Destination Charge
$1,595
MSRP - Total Vehicle Price
$67,895
Additional Fees Paid To Dealer
Electronic Tittle Fee
$94
Documentation Fee
$499
Lemon Law Fee
$3
Total Dealer Fees
$596
Net Price with Dealer Fees
$68,491

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Trading a top line Mustang for a base Corvette won't scratch that itch.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If you want it, get it. If you don't then don't.

I personally would buy something cool like the FP700, but that is just me. This era's Lightning. For $45k.

If I didn't have kids, I would have already ordered it.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Trading a top line Mustang for a base Corvette won't scratch that itch.
I have to agree here. I was looking at options just for shiz and giggles on trading in my supercharged GT Premium + a few dollars for a base C8 (cause everything else is sold out, spoken for or just a mythical unicorn that the dealer can't deliver on). After test driving it I thought to myself "In a few years I'm not gonna be able to get out of this thing" and "Im kinda underwhelmed by the experience".

I took the dealer for a drive in the Mustang (I've known him since High School - hence why I got the call about the C8) and he said "Don't sell this car". That pretty much told me FOMO is a waste of my time.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Am I crazy? Looked at the Dark Horse. What a price increase for not much of an upgrade. Mach 1 was my first new sports car. (Had a 1972 Vette 10yrs ago). Did not consider the C-8 because of ease of entry and onboard storage issues. I love the Mach after 18 months and 8000 wonderful miles, but I am feeling the itch. Not much time for me to enjoy crazy, wild cars in my life.

dhorse.jpg
I would love to have a Mach 1, and can't conceive of trading it in for Shady Pony or a C8.

Then again, I also can't conceive of being tired of a car after "8000 wonderful miles". They'd have to be 8000 terrible miles. Otherwise, I'm the kind of guy that has to try a car for 6 or 8 years to be sure I like it.

Dark Horse dyno numbers (especially the torque) are low enough that people are scratching their heads, and people who like the dashboard seem to be a minority on this forum.

Mustang 'Dark Horse' lolz 02.png

Last edited:

Roady68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
23 Mach 1 Eruption Green, 6 spd, '69 Road Runner
Not going to lie, if the C8 came with a stick shift, I'd likely be on their forums instead of here lol.
I may be there too. Third pedal and rowing gears was a high priority. I come from muscle car world so the Mach 1 is more in line with my personality, but the C8 is an amazing ratio of performance to price.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I could see going from the M1 to a C8 Z51, at the minimum....

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
If Mustang, I'd not trade my M1 for a DH. If automatic and not a Mustang, the C8 is hard to beat for the price (if you get one)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The C8 is still Fugly.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...but the C8 is an amazing ratio of performance to price.
The shop that works on my cars has alluded to Corvettes, in general, having a good price/performance ratio.
They work on a lot of Subarus owned by posers but also Miatas, Mustangs, and Corvettes owned by track hounds.

Whenever I've asked about Corvette quality, the head mechanic was prone to say
"it's GM, so it's a piece of 💩" and "you should get one" in adjacent sentences. 😄

From his point of view (and evidence he pointed out on a car) the suspension has a lot of potential and C5 and later frames are nearly idiot-proof, while the interior is flimsy and would come loose if you do anything but baby it (like most of the bluehairs that own one).

Corvette owner starter pack.jpg

That was part of why I got a Mustang.
Sponsored