Trade in my Xtreme for Sport Axlebacks

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I thought the Sport axle back mufflers were the same as the Extreme Cat Back mufflers. The way I understood it was the Sport mufflers with the double x pipe made the Extreme cat back system, and the Touring mufflers with the double x pipe made the Sport Cat Back system.

If you go to the Corsa site and look at the installation instructions for the different systems, you will see:

20MU2064 – Sport Muffler Assembly – Driver (from the axle back instructions)
20MU2064 – Extreme Muffler Assembly-Driver (from the cat back instructions)
20MU2080 – Touring Muffler Assembly – Driver (from the axle back instructions)
20MU2080 – Sport Muffler Assembly – Driver (from the cat back instructions)

Am I missing something here?
That was my understanding as well. The touring mufflers are different but the sport/xtreme are the same. Only difference between the sport/xtreme is the double x-pipe.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That was my understanding as well. The touring mufflers are different but the sport/xtreme are the same. Only difference between the sport/xtreme is the double x-pipe.
Touring AB
Touring AB + Double X-pipe = Sport CB
Sport AB
Sport AB + Double X-pipe = Xtreme CB

The part numbers are different because if you buy the axlebacks, they come with the 3" to 2.5" reducers to mate up with the stock midpipes. They are otherwise identical.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Thanks bro but i really wanna keep my doble xpipe. Just need to swap to sport or touring mufflers from corsa.
its still going to be loud. i thought my s-types would handle my kooks catless well, it doesnt drone, super quiet at idle, once you got WOT its wake the dead loud. i need to figure out something

daustin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just did my cat deletes last Saturday and with the extremes it's just too much for me. This Saturday I'll be swapping with sports. Hopefully it won't be as loud.
My buddy has the sports so we gonna trade.
That swap is gonna be a waste of your time unless your buddy has the Touring mufflers.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the Sport axle back mufflers were the same as the Extreme Cat Back mufflers. The way I understood it was the Sport mufflers with the double x pipe made the Extreme cat back system, and the Touring mufflers with the double x pipe made the Sport Cat Back system.

If you go to the Corsa site and look at the installation instructions for the different systems, you will see:

You are correct.

Sponsored

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
That swap is gonna be a waste of your time unless your buddy has the Touring mufflers.
Just finished the swap. All we swapped was the mufflers. We kept our double x pipes and tips. Swapped only mufflers. And I'm glad I did it. It's quieter now. And he had the sports.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT

To keep it simple:

Sport mufflers + Double X pipe = Xtreme Catback
Touring mufflers + Double X pipe = Sport Catback

:)

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
The confusion starts when people confuse AB with CB. It can be confusing. For example, if someone says I have corsa Sports and doesn't specify AB or CB that's where the confusion starts. Just to confuse everybody some more, there is not an Extreme axel back. Only Sport axel back

Slow.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cedric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
Not to hi jack the thread but does anyone know around much a cat delete cost? and do you need to be tuned for the car to run correctly after it?

OP
OP
JosephManu

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
Thanks y'all for ur time. Yes I noticed sport mufflers r the one that comes with the xtreme catback. I apologize. But still need to find someone that want to swap my "sport mufflers" for "touring mufflers" Can't afford to buy new ones but I can pay the shipping if is necessary ")

OP
OP
JosephManu

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
Not to hi jack the thread but does anyone know around much a cat delete cost? and do you need to be tuned for the car to run correctly after it?
Without tune my cold start was ridiculous loud. After tune it calms down a lot. Of course tune is going to wake up ur car but u can still drive it without it normal.

Last edited:

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
To delete cats on the s550 it's pretty expensive. MAK is the only company I know of that does "cat deletes" but if you are going to pay $300 or whatever it is for their cat deletes, you're better off just buying a set of low cost long tube headers in my opinion
Sponsored