Sponsored

Track Attack Sold Out

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
New Dates Available as of 3/28....call asap to get a one day spot

I posted in the official Track Attack thread, but I figured I'd mention it in its own thread.

Long story short Track Attack is sold out and I have been told that you only have 12 months to actually attend the class from your vehicles delivery date? I’ve had my car exactly 2 months and according to the rules I won’t be able to go unless they...

1. Make an exception
2. Add more dates (which I was told to check back this week)
3. Or I Pay for the 2 day course

I picked up my car Jan 26th 2018. I read about Track Attack on from this forum late Feb, which is around the time I got my GT350 Supplement from Ford. At that time, I looked up track attack and there were very few spots available from what I remember. I mentioned going to the wife, but we have a 2 week Europe vacation planned in May and I just bought a 60k car. (one of my pet peeves with the wife is to not plan future trips until we have completed the one we have planned)

Either way my wife decide that she would try to plan it as a surprise so she emailed the Folks at track attack, and was told that it’s Sold Out and you must attend within 12 months of delivery. She looked at the schedule and did the math, and figured that I wouldn’t be able to go at all because courses don’t start until April. She came clean about trying to plan it because she knew I would be disappointed.

I called and was a bit frustrated, and explained that I just go the car 2 months ago and I was hoping to at least get the opportunity next year. I was asked if I read my supplement and was told that all the info was there, and I shouldn’t be upset because I waited 2 months to look into it. In the first month I was more worried about the 8 screws and 4 j clips missing from my splitter and the broken interior pieces in the car. I will take that blame, but even after looking at the supplement brochure i didnt see anything about a 12 month limit.

I was told that they may add more classes and I need to continue calling, which I will. But I’m just a bit upset that they put a 12 month limit, because I had less than 2 months with the car and I might be SOL. Im keeping my fingers crossed that they add some more classes this year.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Do they have a waiting list? I'd assume there is a certain percentage of cancellations.
I was told that there wasn't and that I should call later this week to see if they add classes.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sorry to hear. Just so you know - the Track Attack program is a "machine". As I understand it, it's not actually run by Ford employees but a driving school that is a contractor. I'd be surprised if they add dates unless Ford decides to pay them more. One of my peeves was how thin the staffing was and that it seemed tuned to make someone the most amount of money....That said...

It was fun to flog someone elses car and not worry about consumables or anything - but it's expensive, even being free. Travel costs and everything add up and if you do the second day, that's quite overpriced, IMO. If you have a track nearby, IMO, the money is much better spent at an HPDE with an instructor. The track attack is like a car/track rental with minimal actual instruction.

I wish you luck on whatever you decide. Maybe you can find someone who isn't going to go and arrange to use their spot...it happens.

OP
OP

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry to hear. Just so you know - the Track Attack program is a "machine". As I understand it, it's not actually run by Ford employees but a driving school that is a contractor. I'd be surprised if they add dates unless Ford decides to pay them more. One of my peeves was how thin the staffing was and that it seemed tuned to make someone the most amount of money....That said...

It was fun to flog someone elses car and not worry about consumables or anything - but it's expensive, even being free. Travel costs and everything add up and if you do the second day, that's quite overpriced, IMO. If you have a track nearby, IMO, the money is much better spent at an HPDE with an instructor. The track attack is like a car/track rental with minimal actual instruction.

I wish you luck on whatever you decide. Maybe you can find someone who isn't going to go and arrange to use their spot...it happens.
I was planning to do some HPDE at some point this year, which like you said might be more value. But i also have some air miles and could get there for free. I was also planning to go to Zion NP or something and make a week vacation out of the trip.

Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Don't give up trying to get your name tagged to a TA date...I was beyond my 12-month window due to scheduling issues. I called and explained my situation. The gentleman that talked to me was extremely friendly and helpful. My name was put on a list and he called me back within 1 hour with a cancelled slot opportunity. Several folks even failed to show the day of my TA. BL, they don't want to waste slots.

My experience: the TA staff were beyond helpful and the instructors were exceptional. I figure FoMoCo/instructors think you don't need much guidance if you already own a race car, and the pre-TA paperwork tells them your experience/proficiency.

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

You and I were in the same class. I couldn't agree more. Overall it was decent for what it was. The second day was a complete waste of money. Minimal instruction on the first day, zero instruction on the second day. Just a stern warning on over-running the engine. You blow it you pay for it.

Take your car to a local HDPE and get to know the car. It is run by people that want to be there, not "racers" trying to make ends meet between rides. The attitude shows.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I booked both of mine as soon as the classes were announced. They sell out quickly. It is a first class operation and well worth the experience and trouble of going all the way out there for a day. However, they are given so many cars and only so many slots are available. They have given out press days to people like "that dude in blue" and "everyday driver". Those were probably extra slots authorized and paid for by ford performance. I will attend my third track attack this year and on my third, I gave my slot to a relative. I opted to be the guest driver and pay a premium to do it. I asked if it was at all possible to drive a 350 in lieu of a GT if I were to pay ANYTHING extra. The answer was NO.

My point is that the program is first class using a great facility with world class instructors. However as it was pointed out above in another post, they are a contractor to Ford Performance and they are only obligated to provide so many slots under very stringent details. I find they are not flexible (despite how great a ford customer you are) but they do an outstanding job at what they are contracted to do.

So don't get your hopes up, call and tell them you'd accept any date available and try to work out some kind of waiting list. Try calling ford performance. I don't think either will help because they are sold out and they have met the terms agreed upon with Ford Motor Company.

You probably should reconsider the two day course.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I was told that there wasn't and that I should call later this week to see if they add classes.
Are you military? They have a waiver to the 12 months for military.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Be sure you are on the waiting list. If they do run MY19, they should open up another year of it. Good luck. It is worth the hassle to go. :headbang: :ford:

Sponsored
OP
OP

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are you military? They have a waiver to the 12 months for military.

Not military but ive literally had the car for only 2 months. Had i gotten the car this Summer then i would easily get in as i would sign up Dec as soon as classes were announced. From the time I recieved my supplement from ford with the brochure I would have had maybe 3 weeks to choose what dates were left before it sold out. As i said its my fault but I didnt realize I wouldn't get the opportunity to attend in 2019 becusae the classes start in April.

OP
OP

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Be sure you are on the waiting list. If they do run MY19, they should open up another year of it. Good luck. It is worth the hassle to go. :headbang: :ford:
Like I said I was told there is no waiting list.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I was pretty much in the same situation, In the past there has been no waiting list and they will not make an exception. I tried to make arrangements a few different approaches when I ordered my 2016. The seasonal aspect of the Track Attack is sometime difficult to schedule around and Ford Performance won't budge due to the possibility they would bump a newer customer outside the boundaries of their guidelines. The only option you have is to pay for a full class the following year.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Like I said I was told there is no waiting list.
And like I said, they are not good at flexibility. Book the two day quickly before that is sold out too.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You and I were in the same class. I couldn't agree more. Overall it was decent for what it was. The second day was a complete waste of money. Minimal instruction on the first day, zero instruction on the second day. Just a stern warning on over-running the engine. You blow it you pay for it.

Take your car to a local HDPE and get to know the car. It is run by people that want to be there, not "racers" trying to make ends meet between rides. The attitude shows.
Hey man! How are you enjoying the car? PM sent.
Sponsored