Sponsored

TPMS problem

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I just installed my new wheels and cannot get the TPMS to sync. I have the tool. I purchased 433mhz sensors on EBay that stated they were for 2016 mustang.

Did I purchase the wrong sensors or do they just need to wake up after driving for a while!

Thanks,
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Are they specially for Ford? I mean CJ website says you need a tool but someone commented it will automatically sync after some driving.

OP
OP

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Yep. They are ford parts. I drove about 5 miles and n sync yet.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Tpms-35 is the part number you need. I'm pretty sure they are 315mhz. I bought an oem set on eBay for like $72. Oem marketplace was the seller there I believe.

OP
OP

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Tpms-35 is the part number you need. I'm pretty sure they are 315mhz. I bought an oem set on eBay for like $72. Oem marketplace was the seller there I believe.
Looks like mine are TPMS36. I may be screwed. Not getting the warning light so I'll just leave it for now and check the pressures the ol fashioned way.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Isn't 433mhz the Europe TPMS frequency?

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I just installed my new wheels and cannot get the TPMS to sync. I have the tool. I purchased 433mhz sensors on EBay that stated they were for 2016 mustang.

Did I purchase the wrong sensors or do they just need to wake up after driving for a while!

Thanks,
Did you set the car into TPMS learning mode? When I had my new rims installed the guys at Discount Tire had a hell of a time getting my car into learn mode. Once it was in learning mode, they went to each individual sensor with the handheld device and when the car "learned" the TPMS sensor it would honk the horn 1 time. He started from the drivers side front wheel then went around the car clockwise to do the other 3 sensors. After each successful learn cycle, the horn would beep one time.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine auto synced after driving a few miles. Didn't need the tool or learn mode.

OP
OP

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Did you set the car into TPMS learning mode? When I had my new rims installed the guys at Discount Tire had a hell of a time getting my car into learn mode. Once it was in learning mode, they went to each individual sensor with the handheld device and when the car "learned" the TPMS sensor it would honk the horn 1 time. He started from the drivers side front wheel then went around the car clockwise to do the other 3 sensors. After each successful learn cycle, the horn would beep one time.
Tried that but when I put the handheld device to the wheel, no beep.

I think the frequency is wrong.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Tried that but when I put the handheld device to the wheel, no beep.

I think the frequency is wrong.
Oh well, was worth a try. Don't know if you have a place like Discount Tire that we have here in NV, and they're also in CA., but they have a handheld device for programming. The guy just walked up to my wheel and pushed a button on the device to test, and he got a beep that told him his device can program TPMS.

I bought the training tool with my sensors, and didn't even open the bag. The tool they had was able to do it. Might be worth a shot. I'd bet Les Schwab might have this as well.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Yep. Ordered new sensors this week.

Wheels are awesome. Love the look and offsets are perfect.

Thanks Paul!
No worries your welcome. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Whittey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP
I just drove mine. My 25 mile ride to work didn't sync them up, but they were all done by the time I got home. No tool, just installed fresh from Tire Rack.
Sponsored