Touch-up paint for Apex Satin Bronze?

Clint81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I was curious if anyone has had any luck touching up the paint on Apex wheels in satin bronze?
I emailed Apex but they were unable to give me a color code.
They did recommend going to a paint/body shop which I will also look into.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
They couldn’t provide you with a powder coat color code?

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I have Vertini brushed bronze wheels and I'm trying Testors Champagne Gold. I think it will work, but I'm waiting for the paint. The rims chip easily.

OP
OP
Clint81

Clint81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
They couldn’t provide you with a powder coat color code?
They said their arrangement with the supplier prevents giving out that information.

I have Vertini brushed bronze wheels and I'm trying Testors Champagne Gold. I think it will work, but I'm waiting for the paint. The rims chip easily.
Let us know how well it matches up. I am not looking for perfection, but close would be nice.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Best of luck.

I've got brushed wheels with a clear, gray-tinted powdercoat, and have yet to find anything that matches even close. They chip terribly easily.

If I had to do it all over again I'd go with paint or powder that could be matched. Live and learn.

OP
OP
Clint81

Clint81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Best of luck.

I've got brushed wheels with a clear, gray-tinted powdercoat, and have yet to find anything that matches even close. They chip terribly easily.

If I had to do it all over again I'd go with paint or powder that could be matched. Live and learn.
Thanks! Since mine are track-duty, maybe I'll just let each patch of bare alloy shine through like a badge of honor haha.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
They said their arrangement with the supplier prevents giving out that information.
Oh wow. Well I guess they won’t give me their Motorsport gold code then lol. Best thing to do is take it to a good powder coating shop to match it for you. I had one locally do that for me and it came out great. Especially if it track wheels then it’ll be covered in brake dust anyways lol.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid

Let us know how well it matches up. I am not looking for perfection, but close would be nice.
Not too bad. I still need to smooth it a bit, but the color is close enough. Testors Champagne Gold #1201.

20240117_132421.jpg

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh wow. Well I guess they won’t give me their Motorsport gold code then lol. Best thing to do is take it to a good powder coating shop to match it for you. I had one locally do that for me and it came out great. Especially if it track wheels then it’ll be covered in brake dust anyways lol.
It's not so much that it's a super top secret color code, but more so that the "code" would mean nothing to a paint shop as we aren't using standard brands powder colors. The color code for our Motorsport Gold could literally just be the number 4 (hypothetical scenario).

Going to a good paint store or body shop is always the best option, but just keep in mind touch up paint will never match 100% perfectly. I have tried out various Duplicolor/etc brands on some of our wheels to try and help people, but I haven't done the Bronze or the Motorsport Gold yet. Sorry!

For our Anthracite, Ford's Sterling Grey Metallic is a reasonable match.
For our Race Silver, Ford's White Platinum is a reasonable match.
For our Satin Black, i'd probably just use any universal black touchup if the marks are pretty small.

Last edited:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Understood and that makes sense. I just want EC7s in Motorsport Gold lol.
Sponsored