Torque Pro?

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Can't find any recent information on this so though I would start a new thread. Using an 8" tablet and a "cheap" Bluetooth OBDII reader. I have used this reader on a few vehicles prior to the Mustang and always been able to do I was trying to accomplish. Granted I'm trying to do more at this point, mainly monitor several temperatures and would also be nice if I can get the HP and Torque gauges to work. I'm getting mixed answers on how dependent the quality of the reader plays into the equation. Some say that it matters and others that if it works at all it works as much as it will. Is anyone currently using Torque Pro and having success? What can you measure? Is this not worth the effort? It does look good, just wish it worked.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/drc6GG4ymxQwpXQK2
Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I use Torque Pro on my Phone and my Android Head Unit just fine with a cheap ELM327 reader I bought for >$10 on Amazon.

OP
OP

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
What gauges are you using?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I have a tablet monitoring coolant temp, stft on both banks, cat temps on both banks, air/fuel, timing advance, intake temp, ambient temp. Just depends on what I want to monitor on any given drive. Coolant temp always a priority for me, though.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to check, I never really use it anymore. It's a novelty for someone like me, since my car is 98% stock and a daily driver.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I have it, and use it often enough. usually for pulling codes/and clearing them. The only time I use it while driving is in the wifes explorer while towing, or driving on the beach to keep an eye on trans temp.
Sponsored