Sponsored

Torque app for data logging?

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Does anyone use the torque app on their Mustang? I can't seem to get it to connect? I have no problem connecting it to other cars. I thought it would be a cheap and easy way to monitor what the car is doing for those who don't have a handheld tuner.
Sponsored

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
On this mine connects just fine. Have you figured it out yet or are you still unable to connect?

And yes I agree with you about an easy was to monitor data. Seems there's lots of parameters available on these new cars.

Right now I'm set up to datalog fuel rail pressure.

OP
OP

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
On this mine connects just fine. Have you figured it out yet or are you still unable to connect?

And yes I agree with you about an easy was to monitor data. Seems there's lots of parameters available on these new cars.

Right now I'm set up to datalog fuel rail pressure.
Mine wont connect to my phone. When I go to the settings on my phone it is seeing the adapter and it asks for a code but wont connect.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mine wont connect to my phone. When I go to the settings on my phone it is seeing the adapter and it asks for a code but wont connect.
Oh you can't pair with the adapter through Bluetooth. That's different.

What code(s) have you been trying with the adapter? Most are set to something like "0000" "1234" or I've even seen "6789". If your adapter came with a setup disk the code will be on there.

I expect you have an ELM327 or some variant (clone) of one. Check on the Torque forums and see if your adapter is just not compatible.

One last thing, are you pairing the adapter to your phone before starting the torque app? Sometimes it fails pairing going through the app in my experience.

Good luck.

OP
OP

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Oh you can't pair with the adapter through Bluetooth. That's different.

What code(s) have you been trying with the adapter? Most are set to something like "0000" "1234" or I've even seen "6789". If your adapter came with a setup disk the code will be on there.

I expect you have an ELM327 or some variant (clone) of one. Check on the Torque forums and see if your adapter is just not compatible.

One last thing, are you pairing the adapter to your phone before starting the torque app? Sometimes it fails pairing going through the app in my experience.

Good luck.
I have used it on about 3 other cars with no issues. I did notice that if I pair if before opening the app it doesnt work. Maybe I am doing that and not realizing :headbonk:

Sponsored

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Try disabling faster communication in the OBD adapter settings in Torque. And if it matters I don't have the ELM327 auto timing disabled.

You may have been aware of those already but maybe someone else reading this will want to know.

Again good luck. Do you have another android device with torque on it you can try? Just thinking it would be a good way to determine if it's the adapter or not.

And one last question. You've used it on 3 other cars. All the same phone or different phones?

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I've been using the torque app with relative success. I find extracting the data to be a bit more painful than I'd like but it gets the job done. It's too bad it doesn't have access to the PID's, since the one number I'd really like is the charge air temp, and can't get it.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
It does have access to the PID's you just have to input the correct PID number in the extended PID's area. You can also edit the calculations for the PID's if they are inaccurate.

You want the IAT2 PID. So far I have not been able to get the code for it. The codes I have worked with my diesel truck but are apparently not the same on these cars. Also I'm trying to get engine oil temp and having the same issue. It will get solved at some point. Just not yet.

I actually posted a question on the Torque forum about those 2 parameters today. If anything comes out of it I'll be sure and share it here.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
It does have access to the PID's you just have to input the correct PID number in the extended PID's area. You can also edit the calculations for the PID's if they are inaccurate.

You want the IAT2 PID. So far I have not been able to get the code for it. The codes I have worked with my diesel truck but are apparently not the same on these cars. Also I'm trying to get engine oil temp and having the same issue. It will get solved at some point. Just not yet.

I actually posted a question on the Torque forum about those 2 parameters today. If anything comes out of it I'll be sure and share it here.
sorry, I got confused. yes Torque has access to PIDs. But what I read was that the IAT2 value is stored as a DMR, which torque can't access because it can't read from the ECU directly. if you do get it to work, definitely post it up. The IAT values I get through torque are all inlet temps, before the turbo.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Stored as a DMR? Bummer. I hadn't discovered that info yet.
Maybe it won't be getting sorted out. :shrug:

I don't expect the oil temp to be that way so there's still the possibility of that.

Anyhow thanks for the info.

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Wanted to bump this old thread to the top opposed to starting a new one. Anyone using the torque app? I think it's awesome how many sensors the car lets you monitor on the dash. However, I'd like to monitor the actual value of the engine oil temp(I do know the range, but would rather see the quantified number) as well as the diff temp sensor(which is new on the 16 model). Just tried my obd II reader and torque and could not access either one. Thought someone more tech savvy than me might know. Thanks.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I use dash command which is a much much better app than Torque in my opinion. It's $10 but super geek and functional.
I use this with the new Kiwi 3 wireless OBD2 adapter, works great and I like the interface.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I use dash command which is a much much better app than Torque in my opinion. It's $10 but super geek and functional.
I use this with the new Kiwi 3 wireless OBD2 adapter, works great and I like the interface.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you guys read engine oil temp and, if you have a 16, diff oil temp?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for the feedback. Can you guys read engine oil temp and, if you have a 16, diff oil temp?
I don't have a '16 but you can monitor anything with a PID. There is a nice custom gauge screen that lets you add a gauge, select the style for the gauge and put in all the parameters for it, very flexible.
Sponsored

Last edited: