Top 5 New Changes to the 2018 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I noticed that the '18 MT82 has a very different transmission mount.
The mounts look the same to me (identical castings and mounting points), it just looks like the new MT82 has an extended housing or something on the back of it.

There is an NVH mass damper bolted to the back of the trans/mount. There could also be other changes to the case as well, not sure about all that.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the MGW is on my list as well. Does anyone know if the 18 uses the same exact shifter as the earlier cars? Or have they beefed it up due to the complaints?
I'm certain it's still body mounted and is loaded with plastic, so it'll still feel a bit sloppy and like you're going to break it, especially after some miles on it. They did upgrade the trans internals (got rid of plastic shift forks, and upgraded the synchros, for instance) though.

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
I'm certain it's still body mounted and is loaded with plastic, so it'll still feel a bit sloppy and like you're going to break it, especially after some miles on it. They did upgrade the trans internals (got rid of plastic shift forks, and upgraded the synchros, for instance) though.
maybe because it was new but i just looked at a 18 gtpp and the shifter didnt have alot of play vs my 15 gtpp . had a positive feel to it

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
maybe because it was new but i just looked at a 18 gtpp and the shifter didnt have alot of play vs my 15 gtpp . had a positive feel to it
Good to hear. I can't say I'd ever go back to a body mounted shifter after experiencing this though.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Compare (this is 2015):

and 2018
The entire 2018 MT82 tail housing is different looking....

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Do that as soon as you can. It does wonders. I have noticed that when it's cold (below 40 F), the trans is still pretty notchy for the first handful of shifts in the morning, but after that it's better than stock, and WAY better when it's warm. [MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION] will take care of you. I recently installed the MGW Std Race Spec and that completed the shifting experience.
Can you explain a bit more? You are saying changing the trans fluid and MGW Std?

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs

Compare (this is 2015):
01-1706.jpg

and 2018
It has the mount damper from the Shelby.

I noticed the stock '18 exhaust is a couple pieces now, instead of the resonator being one-piece with the entire catback (15-17) style.
It is all once piece, just like 15-17.

Yeah the MGW is on my list as well. Does anyone know if the 18 uses the same exact shifter as the earlier cars? Or have they beefed it up due to the complaints?
Shifter appears to be the same, I will have mine out of the car today and will verify.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.