Tomtop Unit Fixes

5ohsnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white GT
thanks StangATX yeah I have been trying to fix but cant figure it out. Have you figured out a way t change the background?
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
thanks StangATX yeah I have been trying to fix but cant figure it out. Have you figured out a way t change the background?
The bootlogo? or the main background? I know where the main background is located at but I haven't tried to mess with it yet. Give me 5 minutes and I will post a tutorial for the NAV sound on the forum and the website.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the main background. StangATX that would be awesome!
I'm pretty sure it's possible to swap that background for a picture of your choice. It's just I haven't passed too much time on it. I know where it's located and it's actually a .dll if I remember good... Anyways, Here's the way to get the sound on your nav guys!

Note: Make sure for the voice guidance you chose "English UK" for the regular language of the system you can chose "English US". The UK has the street announced.

1* If you're using Nextgen remove the BACKUP folder that I added in the archive you downloaded from my website.

2* go to your "Setting" then "Nav Setting" Replicate the screenshot below:
Zy79MLQcP4akmckwOow5MENBi8Vy3bAz59sERWeybkOnPm_ueu7VRkOFNp00_nvFyDVH7izS9s2P1o7Ev=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

3* Start Nextgen and click on the bottom right. Go to Sound and replicate the following screenshots:

D-4v698Rt5ky3Ro6ByJVJZHEGEps08__6lwABSuWRLPQsRdH0-Dvheu7ynP00vQarkEuzupnYYS8LIQiD=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

vc50g_yX7NX-U638_o8NGBf-YJBTraqxlcUUOFDDdi491AvtTyjzWjqVzLcL7-W23cKEq5uIlcM1cSCXA=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

9zIOGm8PXllH1pfO6JngUlZJJnjT2_-neJW-fYWlm6Mp9zDnqalmRum4dEggnNfYiPHQfQVxTEjOLZfIn=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

Enjoy!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Website is now updated with the Sound fix for your GPS!

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine still will not work
You might need to check your wiring to see if everything is connected correctly. If it still doesn't work you might have a Hardware issue...

5ohsnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white GT
Yeah I pulled my dash apart and there is 2 small wires that don't connect to anything is that correct?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I pulled my dash apart and there is 2 small wires that don't connect to anything is that correct?
2 small wires??? Do you have any pictures? It's been a while I haven't opened my dash lol. However the sound should be on the big connector that plugs into the car connectors...

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a way to complete reset the unit?
4 ways actually lol

1st. Turn on the unit and press on the "I" on the bottom of the screen next to the "Home" button (Little house). then you'll see a button "Reset".

2nd. under the SDCard slot you'll see a little hole just put a paperclip in it and hold couple sec to reset the unit.

3rd. Unplugged unit for probably 30mins.

4th. Create an SDCard rescue like I did for Ranger11x and it'll auto re-flash the unit on boot with everything by default.

5ohsnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white GT
Thanks man I'm gonna try that in a min. You really are the unsung hero here. I feel like it's a setting that's stopping the sound. My radio works fine but if I try and play music/videos off of the units USB it shows up just no sound. The GPS shuts off my music but won't say anything, it's like it wants to but cant.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man I'm gonna try that in a min. You really are the unsung hero here. I feel like it's a setting that's stopping the sound. My radio works fine but if I try and play music/videos off of the units USB it shows up just no sound. The GPS shuts off my music but won't say anything, it's like it wants to but cant.
No problem :thumbsup: A reset could do the trick! If not I'll have you re-flash the unit to make sure it's really hardware related and not software. But it could be just a setting like you said. Good Luck! :cheers:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might need that reflash still nothing.
Try to re-update your unit. If still nothing we will try a re-flash. (Re-updating the unit is almost the same as a re-flash...)
Sponsored