Tomtop Unit Fixes

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Can you change the start up screen picture to a Gt 350 Cobra ?
You surely can. I followed the video below. Find a picture you like (keep it around 800x600) and save it as a .bmp file. You can use Paint to do this if you have a Windows computer.

[ame]

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Alright guys, So I haven't been too much active lately but I work quietly lol. I've made contact with a manufacturer and we are working on building a wifi dongle. I'm currently building the driver for our unit! We are almost done with it and they're finalizing the dongle as we speak. I'll check whenever they're done to buy the dongle and I will see from there... So far the driver works on my emulator but I need the dongle to be plugged in to make sure it works and ask me to choose a WiFi. (If everything work then we can make Waze/Google Maps to work without any issue! We just need a smartphone as Hotspot).

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Alright guys, So I haven't been too much active lately but I work quietly lol. I've made contact with a manufacturer and we are working on building a wifi dongle. I'm currently building the driver for our unit! We are almost done with it and they're finalizing the dongle as we speak. I'll check whenever they're done to buy the dongle and I will see from there... So far the driver works on my emulator but I need the dongle to be plugged in to make sure it works and ask me to choose a WiFi. (If everything work then we can make Waze/Google Maps to work without any issue! We just need a smartphone as Hotspot).

[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] Think the dongle might work with the Moddiction/Raxiom units?

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@StangATX Think the dongle might work with the Moddiction/Raxiom units?
[MENTION=23440]Redraven571[/MENTION] If it works with my unit it should work with Moddiction/Raxiom as well :thumbsup:

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
I just got mine in yesterday and if I could get Waze on the display I would be beyond pumped!!! Having unlimited data is a nice thing.... This is what the dongle would do yes?
Also my unit has a firmware of April of this year so what does your update correct to this new version? Thanks for any input.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got mine in yesterday and if I could get Waze on the display I would be beyond pumped!!! Having unlimited data is a nice thing.... This is what the dongle would do yes?
Also my unit has a firmware of April of this year so what does your update correct to this new version? Thanks for any input.
Congratulations hope you'll like it! I already have Waze running technically... All we need is an internet connection. My update is the same as yours April 11 2016. The only thing you can do is the lang.xml fix for now and upgrade your GPS to nextgen instead of Primo.

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
I'm loving it, I run 500 miles a week so a better looking deck is nice. Is the Nexgen much better than the primo? And the Lang just corrects the one connected issue?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm loving it, I run 500 miles a week so a better looking deck is nice. Is the Nexgen much better than the primo? And the Lang just corrects the one connected issue?
Yes Nextgen is definitely better than Primo. You'll get the Maps updated and also the street announced. I built a light skin for our unit to make it as light as possible. The lang will correct the one connected yes :thumbsup:

Sponsored

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
All right thanks for the info!! Gonna find a card and get this in my unit. If I use the one that comes in the unit I just download what's on it to my computer upload yours then copy the old one back on it?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
This thread has inspired me to go for the TomTop after roughly a year of watching and waiting for something. My question is, is there a method to power up the unit without installing it, or is that asking for a headache?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
hmmm this might be tempting once I get my GT since I already have the SyncUp Drive from T-Mobile that creates a hotspot in the car....unless Google finally gives us Waze on Android Auto which is sometime in Q1 2017....probably about the time Ford gets around to updating Sync 3 lol

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All right thanks for the info!! Gonna find a card and get this in my unit. If I use the one that comes in the unit I just download what's on it to my computer upload yours then copy the old one back on it?
You can remove your Primo and just copy my Nextgen. Or you can just copy Nextgen and keep Primo as well. (I uploaded Primo for a member of the forum and other people that erased it by accident. No matter what I have a copy if you lose Primo.)

This thread has inspired me to go for the TomTop after roughly a year of watching and waiting for something. My question is, is there a method to power up the unit without installing it, or is that asking for a headache?
It's pretty easy. [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] did it for testing purposes... You just gotta bring 12 volt to it on the red wire if I remember well. He might guide you better on that. However I don't really recommend it because after a while he had a flex connector that went bad because of moving the unit every time we did testing.

hmmm this might be tempting once I get my GT since I already have the SyncUp Drive from T-Mobile that creates a hotspot in the car....unless Google finally gives us Waze on Android Auto which is sometime in Q1 2017....probably about the time Ford gets around to updating Sync 3 lol
WinCE is way more flexible than Blackberry's QNX hardware/OS. You can create your own app for WinCE. Right now I'm working on a passcode app whenever I bring my car to the dealership... I just don't trust them anymore :shrug:

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
It's pretty easy. @ranger11x did it for testing purposes... You just gotta bring 12 volt to it on the red wire if I remember well. He might guide you better on that. However I don't really recommend it because after a while he had a flex connector that went bad because of moving the unit every time we did testing.
Okay, I wasn't sure if it was some type of ribbon cable or ZIF connector. I have a friend who's very well versed in WinCE and he has every bit of confidence that he can tweak anything I want. He made it sound like it would be a breeze to load a clean slate English image and bring over the other components of the OS that run the GUI for the actual radio operations.
Sponsored