airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
It's winter here so I haven't drive my car since the install of the unit. For all you DD drivers what's the cons with this unit in everyday drive.
I don't find any Cons per say- its a Cheap Knock off-

You get what you pay for- Sync is the real issue- disconnects when it wants to-
I have a Great system in my car- so I enjoy the sound-

In all honestly- it removes that 4"screen from a Badass car...
Sponsored

Jasonhol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
Also, when you tap any button in any function (radio, nav, etc.), all speakers except the front left are muted for a split second.
6bc2ade5e66deb54bb51c3208a6f64b6.jpg
Just mute the alert beeps on bottom as seen in your pic. Worked for me.

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang
Just installed mine. 30Nov2015 build. Clock is correct. Install went pretty smooth, with the exception of that blasted 12v outlet. What a pain. Definitely remove the Sync box for extra clearance to get to the back of the CD player. I didn't break any of the yellow or blue dash trim clips. Quick list of my issues:
That annoying 'beep' when the unit powers on and off. Can I turn it off?
Navigation voice is too quiet. You can barely hear it with radio playing. I have the volume in the nav settings at 100%. Also, when you tap any button in any function (radio, nav, etc.), all speakers except the front left are muted for a split second.
6bc2ade5e66deb54bb51c3208a6f64b6.jpg

In the upper left corner, where it says 'Phone Connected', it's cropped. 'Ph' is missing. Screen alignment?
5fc86188a2a97af10e92d632da3747fc.jpg

Once, when I shifted from reverse to drive, the display went blank. Selecting 'ok' on the bezel beneath the screen cleared it.
With car off, opening the door powers on the unit, but it turns off as soon as the door is closed. Aren't some units staying on?
Wife will use it more than me. I'll see what she noticed.
Any help with my bugs is
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the camera problem maybe you have front camera enabled thats why you see the blank screen , review your settings

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
So my Navi wasn't working somehow and when I took off everything again this SD card fall out of nowhere. Do you guys know where this simple car goes in to??

Sponsored

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lower left hand side of screen. You'll see the very small slot.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Is anyone having problems adjusting the audio (bass, treble, balance, etc.) Mine are all maxed out, can't be lowered. What about the date? Although my time is correct, the date still reflects that in China.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Why can't a good company just come out with one already. I emailed Metra and Scosche and both have no eta on one. Scosche did say they are working on it. Originally was supposed to be unveiled at SEMA they said but that is long past now.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
On the navigation volume.. you need to wait until the voice prompt comes up during a route.. use the volume know for the radio and turn up the volume.. that will adjust the navigation volume.. it is separate from the nav volume in that menu

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
On the navigation volume.. you need to wait until the voice prompt comes up during a route.. use the volume know for the radio and turn up the volume.. that will adjust the navigation volume.. it is separate from the nav volume in that menu
I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
When in nav settings, and changing the voice type (American, Australian, British, etc.) an example of the voice prompt is played. Do you think your recommendation would work during this process?

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
When in nav settings, and changing the voice type (American, Australian, British, etc.) an example of the voice prompt is played. Do you think your recommendation would work during this process?
No.. I don't.. I would do it during route guidance.. I had this experience with a different brand of radio.. but most all aftermarket companies use iGo navigation for their radios.. so it should operate the same.. and my recommendation solved it in that model.. so try it.. and let me know..

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Why can't a good company just come out with one already. I emailed Metra and Scosche and both have no eta on one. Scosche did say they are working on it. Originally was supposed to be unveiled at SEMA they said but that is long past now.
now that i have looked underneath that center console, i dont see how anyone will ever be able to adapt it to a standard double din aftermarket radio. Its not just a couple buttons and knobs, its got big microprocessors back there doing god knows what. it looks like a modern motherboard almost. if thats the heart of the climate controls, then its not like the radio can even replace that functionality.

maybe someone will work it out, but it would be much easier just to make a remote face radio that would go in there. The radio unit itself could be replaced, and sync could be entirely replaced as well pretty easily. I am kinda surprised none of the big players have made a remote faced radio yet. this cant be the only car that has this problem.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
now that i have looked underneath that center console, i dont see how anyone will ever be able to adapt it to a standard double din aftermarket radio. Its not just a couple buttons and knobs, its got big microprocessors back there doing god knows what. it looks like a modern motherboard almost. if thats the heart of the climate controls, then its not like the radio can even replace that functionality.

maybe someone will work it out, but it would be much easier just to make a remote face radio that would go in there. The radio unit itself could be replaced, and sync could be entirely replaced as well pretty easily. I am kinda surprised none of the big players have made a remote faced radio yet. this cant be the only car that has this problem.
Alpine may come out with something.. they have introduced a new modular platform.. it was designed to mimic the factory components out there today.. they did it for the new GM trucks.. The introduced a 10 Inch screen system for those.. I figure it will be something that comes out.. but it will be EXTREMELY expensive from Alpine..

One other thing I think holding them up.. is making sure the platform doesn't change very quickly.. that happened to Rosen with the F-150 nav they came out with.. they spent 2 years testing the thing it rolled out and in 13 boom.. ford went to a new style radio.. Raxiom is American Muscles product from Rosen.. and Rosen couldn't give those mustang units away.. but for some reason American Muscle sells them like crazy.. they bought all 700 Rosen had.. I am sure they have them working on one for the 15 and up.. it could be while..

Companies are also having to deal with the new Chinese direct to customer sales model. Used to be units you are currently buying would be pitched to Rosen.. Rosen if interested would take a unit... test it.. make change orders.. and keep that going until it met what they think is acceptable for their market. Now the Chinese companies are selling direct and making any companies that would be interested hesitate because the consumer will see it as the same unit.. but half the price. It is a tough business these days... its hard to convince someone the same unit is better if you buy it from them..

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So sorry everyone...keeping up with this thread has turned out to be a little more challenging than I anticipated. I've been trying to validate the issues as they arise before simply writing up a giant list of shit to sift through.

Anyway...I've updated the original post in its entirety to clean it up a bit. I added the 888999 code that was discovered, as well as added a couple new issues that folks have been discussing.

The list is now separated to show all resolved issues first, followed by those that are not resolved. And finally...the third list of things are just basic gripes that people have shared based on their usage and opinions. Not real issues since there is nothing wrong with intended functionality, but things worth mentioning.

From what I'm gathering at this point...a few people are still having some issues with the voice navigation. Some people have been echoing what I originally said...that the radio completely overpowers the voice commands. This is what led me to wanting to drive with the radio off at times...but then I found that there was no easy "off" switch for the radio by itself.

I'm going to be busy with work for the next couple of days, but later this week I am planning to make a video to tackle the voice nav issue. I want to thoroughly test every option and combination of options myself, and I will share my results.