Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
maybe a few of you that purchased the earlier systems that have a build date before Nov 2015, could start emailing TomTop demanding to have the manufacture info in order to get the unit updated to fix the Clock etc. Maybe somebody might get lucky and get an update...the bonus to this is to update it we might get the code to get into the system.
I bought mine from a member on this site so I cant contact them for anything.
We need to keep bugging them until they give in.
Sponsored

Jasonhol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6

For the Nav sound, I tried "resetting" the nav unit several times but still no sound..... :(

I messed w/ the all the settings a lot today and I still have no sound from the nav.
At one point I changed the setting and the navigation would not work at all, it took me a while to be able to display the map again. :frusty: :doh:

Hopefully one of you will have an idea about what to do...

Thanks for your help
Try resetting with and without navigation active.

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
maybe a few of you that purchased the earlier systems that have a build date before Nov 2015, could start emailing TomTop demanding to have the manufacture info in order to get the unit updated to fix the Clock etc. Maybe somebody might get lucky and get an update...the bonus to this is to update it we might get the code to get into the system.
I agree. I think we should try contacting other suppliers as well. One of us is bound to get the codes we need.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I've been trying different common four-digit codes to access "engineering mode." Thing is, I don't even know if it's a four-digit code or not but 0000, 1111, 1234, 4321, 6789, 9876, etc. don't seem to do anything on mine.

I'd also really like a fix for the silly things like the Chinese instead of "pause/mute" and the misspelled "phone setttings." But the clock? That's going to bug me, especially since the seller assured me on eBay that the clock worked correctly.

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I've been trying different common four-digit codes to access "engineering mode." Thing is, I don't even know if it's a four-digit code or not but 0000, 1111, 1234, 4321, 6789, 9876, etc. don't seem to do anything on mine.

I'd also really like a fix for the silly things like the Chinese instead of "pause/mute" and the misspelled "phone setttings." But the clock? That's going to bug me, especially since the seller assured me on eBay that the clock worked correctly.
i couldnt see it having a limiter on code attempts

could you write a script to try other codes rapidly?

Sponsored

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Fair enough but look at my response above and see that there is still a fair number of issues with the Nov 2015 build. Sure none of them are THAT big of deal but the majority of complaints..if not all.. that I listed could be fixed by a software update/build.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Fair enough but look at my response above and see that there is still a fair number of issues with the Nov 2015 build. Sure none of them are THAT big of deal but the majority of complaints..if not all.. that I listed could be fixed by a software update/build.
The more the merrier. I was just saying the earlier version because we know there is updated software for them. We dont know if there is a newer version past the Nov. date. So the earlier guys have something to stand on that can not be denied.

Another avenue might be for any ebay purchasers that have not left feedback yet. They could leave negative feed back for the things that are wrong, IE clock, Temp, etc.. Then when they message you to change it to positive, (they will message you), Tell them you will change the feedback if they give you the code and contact info for updating the software.

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As stated earlier mine is the Oct 2015 build version. One thing I'll say about mine is that BOTH my date and time jump ahead by 14 hours. Last night (jan 11th) I was driving into work and 930pm cst and my display said it was Tuesday, January 12th, 1130am. Some people have said to just display the date so you don't see the time jump...but I see date jump too lol.

Not total turn off...I can just tap my phone and see both, but I can already see this happening...

"Sir do you know why I pulled you over? You were texting!"

"Officer promise I wasn't, I simply wanted to know the time, so I glanced at my phone."

Obviously that's an extreme assumption, but yeah a fast forwarding date/clock is annoying.

I'll see what I can do about contacting Tomtop for a software update.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Great thread Luke. I want to get the kit but was planning on waiting to see more than first impressions. This definitely helps clear up most of the questions I had regarding the units functionality.

S550EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP MAN
Try resetting with and without navigation active.
I did... and I still don't have sound on the nav.

One thing I noticed is that if I have the nav on, when I get to a corner where I am turning, the "stereo system" only plays from the driver's side front speaker. ?!?!?!?!
it is almost like that is where the nav commands are supposed to be coming from.

To the guys that have a nav unit w/ no sound:

what are you planning to do ?
are you going to keep it ? or contact the seller to send the unit back ?

I wonder if Andrew has gotten further along w/ "breaking" the code.... :hitcomputer:

Sponsored

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I did... and I still don't have sound on the nav.

One thing I noticed is that if I have the nav on, when I get to a corner where I am turning, the "stereo system" only plays from the driver's side front speaker. ?!?!?!?!
it is almost like that is where the nav commands are supposed to be coming from.

To the guys that have a nav unit w/ no sound:

what are you planning to do ?
are you going to keep it ? or contact the seller to send the unit back ?

I wonder if Andrew has gotten further along w/ "breaking" the code.... :hitcomputer:
I suppose you not mute any sound setting under naviagation as well as main setting. Then try this my friend.
1. get an usb (put some music files in it) and connect to tomtop unit USB port.
2. on main screen menu, navigates to next page that shows you video/music/maintain/.... and click music. This will play music from usb that you plugin in step 1. Then pause.
3. go to navigation and see if you hear any sound ( just click any button and you will hear some beep sound )
4. anytime you play music from bluetooth/radio you need to repeat these steps.
This is what i've been doing with my unit. I will try to find better way to solve this however this is just a small issue.

Last edited:

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Lol.... don't forget to pat your head and rub your belly at the same time to.
Lol
How did you ever figure out to do this procedure?

S550EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP MAN
I suppose you not mute any sound setting under naviagation as well as main setting. Then try this my friend.
1. get an usb (put some music files in it) and connect to tomtop unit USB port.
2. on main screen menu, navigates to next page that shows you video/music/maintain/.... and click music. This will play music from usb that you plugin in step 1. Then pause.
3. go to navigation and see if you hear any sound ( just click any button and you will hear some beep sound )
4. anytime you play music from bluetooth/radio you need to repeat these steps.
This is what i've been doing with my unit. I will try to find better way to solve this however this is just a small issue.
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it yesterday but I still have no sound from the Navigation

I will be emailing the vendor through ebay :paddle: :rant::mad:

Here are the issues I found w/ the unit:

1-there is NO sound from navigation

2-when using nav, (only to see map since there is no sound) when the window opens for optional route, if you select the optional route, the unit will shut down the navigation.

3- RDS is not working, it worked on the factory radio, it should work on this unit.

4- the temperature is in Celsius not in Fahrenheit

5- when shutting down the unit, it will display the date, BUT the date is incorrect and the days are not spell correctly. The date is one day ahead.

6- When one connects a USB drive on the USB plug from the "unit" the sound is about 20 % the volume of the radio or when the USB drive is plugged to the factory USB.

7- The TPMS display displays all 0's and the Maintenance setting is in Kilometer

8- The "Pause" icon is in Chinese

9- back up camera is over saturated, ( I already tried to adjust the brightness)

I know some of the issues are minor but some are not and they should be working ok.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I don't have my unit hooked up right now, so could someone try this code 888999
To see if it gets you in the secured functions
Sponsored