Sponsored

Tomtop 8" makes me sad.

HDV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
So I was super excited about getting my 8" in this weekend. Well I got it in and low and behold the Digitizer on the screen is cracked from about the middle to the left side. Unfortunately I was stupid and jumped the gun on the ordeal being super excited to get it in I didn't inspect the goods before I took apart my dash and the stock radio. Noticing it I was pretty pissed off about the 2 hours I spent gently removing everything on my dash to make sure i didn't scuff anything up.

Jump on Ebay to send tomtop a defective / return notice and put my radio back together. Got everything back together except for a little clear piece which I have no idea where it goes because it fell out. Now my browse button in the middle sticks and my temperature dial wont stay on max A/C anymore (like i have to hold it on max a/c for it to stay on). Saturday was not my day... On the bright side I ordered a completely new stock radio to fix the A/C thing because I think its a spring inside the actual dial that is messed up and I am NOT messing with that lol.

This morning I get a message from tomtop stating they will give me just 18$ to get the screen fixed locally. I spent good money on this unit brand new just to get a broken one... I think I deserve a new one that isn't broken especially since that is what I paid for... Getting really bummed out about this because I've never had this much trouble with installing any kind of aftermarket mod to a car. Hell I had a Dell XPS desktop computer installed in my mazda6 that worked perfect and went smoother than this.
Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
How the heck can you get it 'fixed locally' for $18. Crazy. Replacement or refund. Sound like you may end up contesting it through eBay. Sorry for your bad luck :(

OP
OP
HDV

HDV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
Yeah, actually to humor them I looked up how much it would cost myself to fix it (since i do phone repairs and stuff no big deal) I cannot find the parts ANYWHERE for this unit. They have to either send me a replacement or a refund. Only thing is that this company is based out of china so I can only talk to them at 2 in the morning. Looks like I am staying up late tonight haha.

wowstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP w/ Recaros
Sounds like a solid case for either a chargeback or Paypal dispute. Hopefully they don't turn around and say it was the carriers fault..

Bhaley89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
As someone who has been down this road them before I highly suggest a PayPal dispute got my money back after trying to banter back and forth with the seller to no regards

Sponsored

OP
OP
HDV

HDV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
So I just got a return message from them saying this

"hi, we have talked to our engineer to check on this again. it coule be fixed easily. how about 34 USD for this issue and you don't need to return the whole unit back? it would be a lot of trouble for you if you return it for a solution. we have to wait until we receive the package, and we would have our engineer to check the item carefully first to check the issue, then we have to ask for our manager's approval to provide you any solution or suggestion. So it might take a pretty long time."

I feel like they are trying to force me to take the money they are offering but I could not find any parts for this thing anywhere. I told them I no longer want a replacement and that I want a refund and I need an address. I don't really know what to do in this situation.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Let them know you can't source the digitizer and that the $34 they are offering is useless. Maybe they can send you a new digitizer instead. Or as has been suggested, file a dispute with PayPal or do a charge-back with your bank. (If you paid via bank account or credit card) You'll get your money back but maybe not the return postage back to the seller. I know that PayPal used to cover shipping both ways and I believe that has changed. Last time I had to do that, (bout a year ago on a TV power board) I had to pay out of pocket to mail the defective part back which is BS as none of it was my fault.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. :cheers:

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
Give me the part number of the screen. I have several extras, as I was a test dummy for many of these systems. Brand and part number on back.
I believe it will be HannStar HSD081DW1. If so , I have a few and be happy to send ya one.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
PayPal dispute time. You paid for a working unit...not a repair project. If you return it for repair, you'll have limited recourse and potentially weeks or months of butt pain.

OP
OP
HDV

HDV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
[MENTION=15109]rvlyssup[/MENTION] I sent the message literaly like 5 minutes after they sent me a message and they did not respond to me after that. I really dislike companies that only send one message a day and that sucks about your tv part :( but at this point i'll do anything to get rid of this thing now. It looks like such a great unit when its working but jesus to get one that actually works...
[MENTION=15601]dfrost[/MENTION] Thanks for the very kind offer bud! I would take you up on it if I was stuck with it but definitely gonna try to get one that works because who knows if this one will even power up when I plug it in? that would really suck... When I did look for part numbers on them I couldn't find any numbers on anything. It was super weird. I seriously looked all over them because all i could find was some q sticker that promoted it passed inspection lol.
[MENTION=19371]Mulestang[/MENTION] After them not messaging me back after I messaged them, I waited for two hours then decided this isn't getting anywhere and opened a paypal dispute. I don't want it repaired, I just want my money back at this point and may just spend the money on a moddiction one because i am sure their customer support would be MUCH better than this.

OP
OP
HDV

HDV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
So it's been about a month and I am still in a paypal dispute with the seller about the unit. I have no idea if they're gonna make me send this thing back or if paypal is just going to be like "no response from the seller, just keep it". Might try to source a digitizer for this thing... anyone have any idea what kind of digitizer it uses?
Sponsored