Sponsored

To PP or not to PP, that is the question

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm seeing a lot of M6G members going with the performance package. I'm guessing it's because we are, for the most part, mustang enthusiasts here. Why did you go with the performance package?
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Because Racecar.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I wanted the boost gauge in the dash board, bigger brakes, and 3.55 gears

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
For around $2500 (x-plan pricing) you get big Brembo brakes, 3.73 rear end, strut tower brace, larger radiator, k-brace, bigger rear sway bar, different front springs, etc...
Unless you have specific plans to go aftermarket on those areas it is a no-brainer option.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
For around $2500 (x-plan pricing) you get big Brembo brakes, 3.73 rear end, strut tower brace, larger radiator, k-brace, bigger rear sway bar, different front springs, etc...
Unless you have specific plans to go aftermarket on those areas it is a no-brainer option.
^^^YES!!!^^^

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Right, and there are certain things that would be difficult to pull off with the aftermarket, like the turned aluminum finish with the additional gauges, the traction control and ABS tuning, and finding a front splitter that looks as good (on the GT PP at least).

If I was looking to build up a track car/weekend racer type of S550, I'd probably skip it and go straight to the aftermarket.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
:clap2:

I figured that even though there are different levels of Brembo brakes out there across OEM and aftermarket, the upgrade price of the entire package was roughly the same as a front caliper/rotor upgrade.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I like a sportier ride with out being too harsh.. I would not want my car to run out beyond my control having not gotten the PP and regretting it later... more options like this may help retain some value in the car if you were to sell it later....better brakes

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
If you have ever modified a mustang in the same areas of these upgrades you would realize for what you are getting; it is phenomenally cheap. Rear gears alone all in (parts and labor) is in excess of $700. The better wheels and tires are a good couple hundred of dollars worth of better (even if they aren't 1 LE quality anyways). The Brembo Brake package setup would cost you up to $1500 to do it on your own. And then there are perks that you get like gauges in the dash, a larger radiator which will always be better than the stock one, a Strut tower brace over the engine, springs, and suspension tweaks.

There is no way for the money you can do all that they give you in the package.

EVEN IF you plan on replacing 80% of the parts in the long run of the vehicle it is still worth it to have those parts to sell to a stock mustang owner; or hold onto for yourself as spare parts if you plan on Racing/enjoying/Auto-crossing and using your car to the fullest.

I will replace the rims and tires almost immediately on my PP but having them as spares, or to sell and pay for more than 60% what ill get the next set of shoes at.
I'll replace all the suspension.
I will one day upgrade the brakes even more.

like others have said… its a no brainer.

and if you never do anything else to your car… you will always be happier every time you drive it than the guy who didn't get the PP and didn't modify anything ever.

RB510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Raven Black, PP, 50 Years)
Very fast. Much torque. So race.

That is why!!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The option list in the PP is a bargain and hard to pass up for that price. I wanted my GT to have the best factory optioned suspension as I love a good handling and firm ride.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
over here in the old world the PP will be Standard
and i guess we pretty much Need some of the goodies as we have the Chance to let the Pony run happily up to those 155mph, which it is limited to

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
If you have ever modified a mustang in the same areas of these upgrades you would realize for what you are getting; it is phenomenally cheap. Rear gears alone all in (parts and labor) is in excess of $700. The better wheels and tires are a good couple hundred of dollars worth of better (even if they aren't 1 LE quality anyways). The Brembo Brake package setup would cost you up to $1500 to do it on your own. And then there are perks that you get like gauges in the dash, a larger radiator which will always be better than the stock one, a Strut tower brace over the engine, springs, and suspension tweaks.

There is no way for the money you can do all that they give you in the package.

EVEN IF you plan on replacing 80% of the parts in the long run of the vehicle it is still worth it to have those parts to sell to a stock mustang owner; or hold onto for yourself as spare parts if you plan on Racing/enjoying/Auto-crossing and using your car to the fullest.

I will replace the rims and tires almost immediately on my PP but having them as spares, or to sell and pay for more than 60% what ill get the next set of shoes at.
I'll replace all the suspension.
I will one day upgrade the brakes even more.

like others have said… its a no brainer.

and if you never do anything else to your car… you will always be happier every time you drive it than the guy who didn't get the PP and didn't modify anything ever.
yup! summed it up nicely.

Jsboening

Threads
Reaction score
Anyone care to comment on the pp's ride quality? I'm 90% sure I'd order the pp, but don't want a harsh ride. The regular gt that I test drove had a nice sporty feel without being too harsh. My other draw back to the pp is that I really prefer the 20" rims over the black rims on the pp.

Also are the 3.73's good for daily driving? My 91' with a 3550 tremec and 3.73's won't make it through the intersection without having to shift. 1st gear is like the creeper gear in an old U-Haul truck.

All that being said, I do agree the pp is a screaming deal that I'm having a hard time ignoring.

C.Fair23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Does the PP come with a different front splitter? I thought they all came with the same one.

Right, and there are certain things that would be difficult to pull off with the aftermarket, like the turned aluminum finish with the additional gauges, the traction control and ABS tuning, and finding a front splitter that looks as good (on the GT PP at least).

If I was looking to build up a track car/weekend racer type of S550, I'd probably skip it and go straight to the aftermarket.
Sponsored