Tired of track apps telling me I suck

OP
OP

Rich S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Manual
You are getting under 5 with a manual and are bone stock?
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Yep. - I got the 4.7 according to the track app shortly after getting the car. I'm sure now that I have better tires and the BMR lockouts I could do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Rich S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. - I got the 4.7 according to the track app shortly after getting the car. I'm sure now that I have better tires and the BMR lockouts I could do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to see a video. Not that I don't believe you but I could see what I am doing wrong. I sure don't see picking up over half a second from my runs

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
A naturally aspirated engine will lose about 3 percent of its rated power for every 1,000 feet of altitude. There is no way your stock 2015 in Wisconsin is going to make the same horse power as stoli's will in Florida.

As an example, my 435 HP becomes 402 HP here in Dodge City. I'm not sure where you live in Wisconsin but where stoli lives the elevation is only 194'.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I would love to see a video. Not that I don't believe you but I could see what I am doing wrong. I sure don't see picking up over half a second from my runs
Just like drag racing, it's all about that 1st 60'. It took a bunch of trips to the track before I was better than a 2.2. Now on street tires I'm regularly 1.8x. That's good for well over .5 to 60mph. You just have to find the sweet spot when you launch; minimal spin w/no hop, a quick shift to 2nd and ride it out to redline.

I'm sure if I tried it again it would take a few tries and on some street surfaces it wouldn't be possible. Look for newer asphalt and let it rip. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rich S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know I could shave some off without the tires completely breaking lose when I hit second. Trying to feather it so that doesn't happen.

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
My best is a 5.0s 0-60, in my 4 banger :) It's all about the launch as others have said, ride out 2nd until you hit 60 mph. Heating your tires up a bit does help a lot, it will reduce some spinning on take off and when going into 2nd. I'd also try short shifting into 2nd right before you normally spin.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]wRjFHUAhOT8[/MEDIA]"]

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Atleast you dont have people telling you that you suck because you got a v6 mustang.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Hes in a GT according to his sig....

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Launch control, good, flat roads with a decent surface, and low elevation FTW. I think it's unfortunate that you can't generate the 60ft times while doing a 0-60 test, and that the 1/8th and 1/4 mile tests don't give you 0-30, 0-60, and 0-100. I haven't heard anything on the technical details of trackapps. The phone matters too -- and app -- I've posted some about this some elsewhere, looking for something more accurate than trackapps. I'm leaning towards getting a vbox sport, and pairing it with a phone or tablet via bluetooth. It uses a three axis accelerometer, and a 20Hz GPS -- the iPhone has a 1Hz GPS receiver. I've also looked at the gtech pro -- 10Hz receiver, and less expensive. I still don't know what the specs are for Trackapps -- I wish I did.
Sponsored