Sponsored

Tire question

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
Does anyone know what the most comfortable 19" tire is?

What I'm looking for is a tire (make/model) to replace the summer 19" tires on the Ecoboost with the PP that has the softest ride, or the most compliant rubber to aide in reducing a harsh ride as much as possible.

We really do want the PP but we're trying to offset it's more stiff ride.
Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
I have had fantastic results, as far as comfort and noise, with Michelins and Bridgestones and would recommend either for those qualities. We have both on a couple of our cars now, for those reasons. We have Turanza Serenity Pluses on a Camry SE and Michelin Premiers on a Fusion, but they're not available in your stock size, or 19" period, so you may want to consider the Turanzas. You will also sacrifice some performance as they are not Z rated, you will gain treadwear, and will pay about $100 more than the OE Pirellis for four. If you want the Z rating, consider Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, but you'll pay about $500 more for the four.

OP
OP
Max57

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had fantastic results, as far as comfort and noise, with Michelins and Bridgestones and would recommend either for those qualities. We have both on a couple of our cars now, for those reasons. We have Turanza Serenity Pluses on a Camry SE and Michelin Premiers on a Fusion, but they're not available in your stock size, or 19" period, so you may want to consider the Turanzas. You will also sacrifice some performance as they are not Z rated, you will gain treadwear, and will pay about $100 more than the OE Pirellis for four. If you want the Z rating, consider Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, but you'll pay about $500 more for the four.
I'm not concerned as far as performance goes so a Z rating is not required. This car will never see a track, any kind of racing or extreme driving. Thanks for your recommendation! :thumbsup:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I hear that the Continental ContiExtremeContact DW has a fairly soft side wall, that would be better for the ride.

Before making any purchasing decision I would go to TireRack and look up all the 255/40-19 tires they carry and read the reviews and look at the survey results, in the survey results one of the categories is ride comfort.

NOTE: The Performance Package tire/size is an ultra high performance tire and ride comfort is going to be subjective. A 40 series tire is never going to ride as well as a 50 or 60 series tire. You may have to consider going to an 18" wheel (or 17" if you can find one that fits the big brakes) to allow for a larger side wall to make a significant difference in ride.

I find the ride comfort on the PP tires to be very comfortable and not at all harsh.

OP
OP
Max57

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear that the Continental ContiExtremeContact DW has a fairly soft side wall, that would be better for the ride.

Before making any purchasing decision I would go to TireRack and look up all the 255/40-19 tires they carry and read the reviews and look at the survey results, in the survey results one of the categories is ride comfort.

NOTE: The Performance Package tire/size is an ultra high performance tire and ride comfort is going to be subjective. A 40 series tire is never going to ride as well as a 50 or 60 series tire. You may have to consider going to an 18" wheel (or 17" if you can find one that fits the big brakes) to allow for a larger side wall to make a significant difference in ride.

I find the ride comfort on the PP tires to be very comfortable and not at all harsh.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've already started looking at the reviews on TireRack and I'll take your observation into account regarding your PP tires as to ride comfort.

If possible, I'd rather go to an 18" tire on my Eco PP. I've found from other member here that the 18" tires/wheels will fit on the EcoBoost with the PP. Larger side wall, softer ride. ;)

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have 18" wheels with 225/55-18 tires for my winter tires on my Ecoboost with the Performance Package. With this tire size IMHO you wouldn't know that the car had a performance suspension setup but they do defeat the purpose for having the Performance Package.

For me the car is a daily driver so I wanted to maximize snow and slop traction in the winter months. With the amount of sand they use on the roads in the winter the last thing I am worrying about is cornering traction.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Does anyone know what the most comfortable 19" tire is?

What I'm looking for is a tire (make/model) to replace the summer 19" tires on the Ecoboost with the PP that has the softest ride, or the most compliant rubber to aide in reducing a harsh ride as much as possible.

We really do want the PP but we're trying to offset it's more stiff ride.
Try putting a little taller side wall on.... you ay have to go to a smaller diameter wheel if you want to keep the same outside diameter of the tire.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Try putting a little taller side wall on.... you ay have to go to a smaller diameter wheel if you want to keep the same outside diameter of the tire.
^This.

18" wheels fit over the standard GT / Ecoboost PP brakes. Taller sidewalls = more comfortable ride.
Sponsored