Sponsored

Tip for those adding Sta-Bil to the gas tank

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Don't make the same mistake (err... mess...) that I did when you add Sta-Bil to your tank for winter storage. Due to the capless filler system, you MUST use the funnel that's in the trunk. Simply pouring Sta-Bil in directly from the container will not get any past the secondary filler cap, nor will using a clear plastic hose attached to the Sta-Bil bottle.

(ehhh... I was planning to wash the car this afternoon before putting the cover on for the winter anyway...)

Hope this helps somebody.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I'm sure this will avoid some frustration for some of us., THANKS.

bananastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Most of you would already know to be sure to add stabil just before filling tank.This will help it mix and give it a chance to push through the fuel system for return trip back home (or wherever car is stored)

Thanks for the tip THX 138!

Ray

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Don't make the same mistake (err... mess...) that I did when you add Sta-Bil to your tank for winter storage. Due to the capless filler system, you MUST use the funnel that's in the trunk. Simply pouring Sta-Bil in directly from the container will not get any past the secondary filler cap, nor will using a clear plastic hose attached to the Sta-Bil bottle.

(ehhh... I was planning to wash the car this afternoon before putting the cover on for the winter anyway...)

Hope this helps somebody.
Did not know there was a funnel in the trunk, thanks for the tip

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
Awesome! I did not know this. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had a post about this a little while ago and someone chimed in that ford performance says not to add stabil

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I got a bottle from pep boys which had quite a long neck and it was able to get past both flaps in the tank. However it didn't want to come out too easily

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Funnel in the trunk?? Where is this? I was making a mess trying to put the Stabil in and just gave up.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
I got a bottle from pep boys which had quite a long neck and it was able to get past both flaps in the tank. However it didn't want to come out too easily
Yes the screw cap lip catches on the inner flap and can damage it if done repeatedly. On my 5 gallon cans I use a screw on piece of PVC pipe with the tank end smooth and and rounded with a file to prevent damage.

Peter

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Funnel in the trunk?? Where is this? I was making a mess trying to put the Stabil in and just gave up.
lift up the rear trunk mat/cover, in the spare wheel well closest to the back of the car is a white funnel. It is clipped on and hanging underneath a piece of material so its not immediately visible. It is more on the drivers side if memory serves me correct.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
lift up the rear trunk mat/cover, in the spare wheel well closest to the back of the car is a white funnel. It is clipped on and hanging underneath a piece of material so its not immediately visible. It is more on the drivers side if memory serves me correct.
Thanks my man.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Thanks my man.
no problem, only reason i even knew to look for it was because i had a similar issue on my F150 before the mustang, same funnel needed, just in a different location

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
I had a post about this a little while ago and someone chimed in that ford performance says not to add stabil
I saw that as well and it is the main reason I didn't add any when I got mine ready for the winter.
Sponsored