Tinted the brake lights

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I agree...i personally would hate trying to tint the inside of those slants on the tails. and they will not be visible 90% of the time anyways.
Sponsored

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
Murdered, when I install mine from AR, I will post pics for you to see if it is what you are interested in.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
With the Lamin-X film (great product) they pre-cut everything specific to the car. I contacted them this morning and they don't have the kits yet for the '15 so I'm guessing Big Worm either cut their own or is testing cuts for Lamin-X.
We designed our own patterns using the Lamin-X material. The pattern also covers the flat area of the tail lights. We made two different patterns, one for the cars with the chrome trim rings that come on 50th Anniversary appearance packages and one for cars without the chrome rings. The material comes in three different shades: Charcoal, Gun Smoke and Tint.

Kits are available at the link below:
http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/2015-Mustang-smokedlights.htm

Below is a picture comparing Gun Smoke to Charcoal:

2015-gt-blk-gun-smoke-char-tail-lrg.jpg

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
So I love how these all look, but have a question.

If some jagoff rear ends me, and then says I have tinted tail lights am I liable or at fault somehow?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
We designed our own patterns using the Lamin-X material. The pattern also covers the flat area of the tail lights. We made two different patterns, one for the cars with the chrome trim rings that come on 50th Anniversary appearance packages and one for cars without the chrome rings. The material comes in three different shades: Charcoal, Gun Smoke and Tint.

Kits are available at the link below:
http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/2015-Mustang-smokedlights.htm

Below is a picture comparing Gun Smoke to Charcoal:

2015-gt-blk-gun-smoke-char-tail-lrg.jpg
That looks good -- I had the charcoal on my last car and loved it. Now I'm torn between Charcoal and Gunsmoke.

Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
That looks good -- I had the charcoal on my last car and loved it. Now I'm torn between Charcoal and Gunsmoke.
Thanks! The Gunsmoke looks dark, but if all the lights are done it could pass as stock.

OP
OP
lava

lava

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I thought the same thing going into this tint Question. Will it bee too dark?? see for yourself, Charcoal tint. These pics were taken outside in the afternoon with full sun. No lights on, running lights on, brake light on. There is no question you can clearly see when they are illuminated. on the question of more pieces for your dollar.... Wal mart has a roll of tint for $10 as well but its paper thin and you will be reapplying soon. Quality product and great people who will assure you get the best possible product for your hard earned $$$
www.bigwormgraphix.com
10645294_4884473647899_4516174396159076420_n.jpg
1461243_4884473127886_7861506655400970791_n.jpg
9500_4884472967882_8655546390107999342_n.jpg

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
It looks good! I might have to experiment with it in my spare time.

Any reason why your third brake light isn't on?

OP
OP
lava

lava

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It looks good! I might have to experiment with it in my spare time.

Any reason why your third brake light isn't on?
That's because I was pressing the key fob to make the brake lights come on. excellent observation. Kinda hard by yourself to take pics and press the brake at the same time, lol!

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
That's because I was pressing the key fob to make the brake lights come on. excellent observation. Kinda hard by yourself to take pics and press the brake at the same time, lol!
Didn't think of that! Have you tried tinting the headlights? I like the look but don't want to reduce visibility too much. Early morning drive involves dodging possums, deer and skunks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Looks good! Not sure if I'm going with anchor - room or bigworm graphics yet. I saw anchor room has a 6 year warranty on their tint.

OP
OP
lava

lava

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes done with minimal reduction in visibility.
image.jpg

Wizzard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT Premium 401A 50th ann package
"I thought the same thing going into this tint Question. Will it bee too dark?? see for yourself, Charcoal tint. These pics were taken outside in the afternoon with full sun. No lights on, running lights on"

I know you guys don't care, but your eyes are not calibrated photosensors; and therefore NO your tail lamps blocked with darkening film does not pass the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for light output at all the required angles. Should there be fatalities wherein your tail lamps were a direct or consequential cause, you could be criminally or civilly liable for the visibility of tail lamps that you modified.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Yes done with minimal reduction in visibility.
Lava - your car looks damn good. I love the stripes and the tint. I'm getting my windows tinted this coming Tuesday and I might very well tint the tail lights.
Sponsored