Ticket help

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
^^^^Lawyer is the way to go. The $400-500 ticket is not what you need to worry about it's the insurance hike that kills you. 3 tickets in the last 2 years, same lawyer for all three, all dismissed, gotten 4 tickets my entire life, no points on my record and I've never stepped foot in a courtroom. Two of the tickets were speeding (91 in a 65 and 42 in 25) other two were dumb lane change tickets.
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Some states/counties won't let you do anything online with the ticket that is 20+ over.
I got lucky...just a written warning for 65 in a 45 last year. Maybe she thought I was cute or something? :shrug: Always had better luck with female cops (I am female).

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks guys. Talked with a few lawyers already. I was concerned because the rate of speed. I still don't understand how they designate it "criminal speeding"

I believe going 25+ is what considers it "criminal speeding". I also believe that if you go 25+ the limit you cannot get traffic school, might double check on that...unless you get the judge to allow it I guess? just don't ever get caught going 100+ mph because that's reckless driving and can get arrested and 2 points on your record.. I got lucky about 4 years ago. I got pulled over going 99 on a 55. my first ticket ever...been driving since 16 and im 26 now. anyways I got the ticket, I believe it was around 450 and my insurance went up like around 25 bucks a month.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
[MENTION=14513]krahooligan[/MENTION] How is this going? Did you get a lawyer?

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah working out the details today!!

Sponsored

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
If its CHP then I wouldn't even contest. Their second office is the court room. I know a few Chippies who look forward to Court cuz they usually get paid O.T if they are working grave.

Just my $0.02

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Tyler just hit me up. I get out of all mine and don't need to pay those $100 lawyers

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Might need some advice too :eyebulge: I got my first ticket like two weeks ago on two counts
just hit me up brother =] ill be more than happy to explain the process and help you along the way

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I believe going 25+ is what considers it "criminal speeding". I also believe that if you go 25+ the limit you cannot get traffic school, might double check on that...unless you get the judge to allow it I guess? just don't ever get caught going 100+ mph because that's reckless driving and can get arrested and 2 points on your record.. I got lucky about 4 years ago. I got pulled over going 99 on a 55. my first ticket ever...been driving since 16 and im 26 now. anyways I got the ticket, I believe it was around 450 and my insurance went up like around 25 bucks a month.
Sounds about right, I just paid off a ticket for "90" in a 65 zone. Came out to $430 with option to take traffic school. To me, it just wasn't worth losing a day of work to argue with the judge and cop and still pay the ticket, so I just paid it and moved on. Besides, having the traffic school option will keep it from going on my record and my insurance rates low. Just slow down around town and save the spirited driving for those empty roads in "Mexico" :D
Sponsored