Sponsored

Thrush Welded Mufflers

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Wesley did you do a resonator delete? How are you liking the muffler delete so far? Also are those the stock tips?

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ordered the Thrush Welded mufflers today. Once I get them welded in, I'll try to get a video up of how they sound.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Cool! Looking forward to your video. I am probably going to go with the Max Flow mufflers but my installation shop upped the price (tips actually). May look at an alternate installer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah, I almost did the Full Boar mufflers because of their straight through design, but it's just not the sound I want from my Mustang.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well if yours sounds amazing I can easily change my mind LOL! More data is better than less as long as I don't do "paralaysis by analysis" LOL!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I really like the way the Thrush welded mufflers sound. Actually, I like them better than almost everything else I've heard. However, I don't want to sacrifice performance for sound. The Full Boars sound great too with a deep, rich tone and the flow is there. My car is getting built with a big turbo, so I want my setup to be as efficient as possible. If I was staying stock'ish, I'd consider the Thrush mufflers because of the more unique sound they have.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I really like the way the Thrush welded mufflers sound. Actually, I like them better than almost everything else I've heard. However, I don't want to sacrifice performance for sound. The Full Boars sound great too with a deep, rich tone and the flow is there. My car is getting built with a big turbo, so I want my setup to be as efficient as possible. If I was staying stock'ish, I'd consider the Thrush mufflers because of the more unique sound they have.
You heard them in person or only on the internet?

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll be stockish for a long time. If/when I go bug turbo I'll be replacing with a 3" exhaust anyway.

My wife wants to buy another house this year, so....

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You heard them in person or only on the internet?
I've heard almost every exhaust setup imaginable in person. A guy at Mustang Week had these Thrush Welded mufflers on his and we talked for a while.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I've heard almost every exhaust setup imaginable in person. A guy at Mustang Week had these Thrush Welded mufflers on his and we talked for a while.
I've heard them online on an eco but not in person... I was very close to getting them on my car but the installer tried to scam me... wanted close to $1000 for install. Those mufflers are inexpensive...

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does it sound anything like the youtube video?

As a further explanation to my last post: I'll probably be doing the FRPP or LMS tune this fall along with an intercooler and a DVCC. After that I probably won't molest her again, outside of small things, until 2019 or later. I had planned on doing a big turbo in 2018, but since my wife wants another house the funds are being redirected. But that's fine, I want her happy. Besides, I rarely get to use even the full power the stock engine has anyway.
I had grand plans when I bought her a few months ago, but life happened.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Wow, full circle.. So the Max Flows would be more performance because of higher flow but the Thrush sounds better? Metal, can't wait to hear how yours turns out!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Wow, full circle.. So the Max Flows would be more performance because of higher flow but the Thrush sounds better? Metal, can't wait to hear how yours turns out!
It's not really better, I guess, but as good. It's really two different sounds. The Full Boar has a very deep and rich tone, much like Magnaflow is known for. The Welded mufflers almost have more of a hollow'ish, European sounding tone. The factory mufflers have a similar sound to the Welded mufflers. It's sort of hollow with a bit of a tin'ish sound. They both sound very good, but again, in different ways. I will mention this, especially in regards to the Welded mufflers. Use a resonator with them. You'll have a better sound out of the Full Boar without a resonator (vs the Welded mufflers without a resonator) but I'd recommend it for either setup.
Sponsored

Last edited: