Sponsored

Throttle cutting out in hard left turns !!!

jswenk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have been tracking the car at Atlanta Motorsports Park and they have a great carrousel turn, but when I press the pedal down all the way the engine starts cutting out.

First I thought it would be a fuel pick up but I have 3/4 of a tank. Then I thought it may be a traction control. I have the setting set to track mode which should turn off traction control.

Someone said you need to do something special in previous cars to really turn it off. Thoughts? Help!
Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
You have to press and hold traction control 5 seconds to fully disable everything. Hitting it twice just puts it into 'sport' mode if you have the base, which leaves stability on but disables traction control apparently.

If you have premium, you still have to fully disable it as well. At least the manual claims that track mode doesn't fully disable them.

OP
OP
jswenk

jswenk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That is great. I do have the premium PP. I will try that. Thanks.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
I have been tracking the car at Atlanta Motorsports Park and they have a great carrousel turn, but when I press the pedal down all the way the engine starts cutting out.

First I thought it would be a fuel pick up but I have 3/4 of a tank. Then I thought it may be a traction control. I have the setting set to track mode which should turn off traction control.

Someone said you need to do something special in previous cars to really turn it off. Thoughts? Help!
you seem to have a premium? if you are in track mode the nannys are off. likely what you are getting is fuel starvation due to fuel sloshing out of the fuel basket. my guess the turn is a longer sweeping hi g left hand turn?

this was an issue with the s197. long thread on one of the other mustang sites. not sure how or if it was resolved.

the rx8 has the same tank set up and the same issue..

btw, if you can look down you should get a flashing light when it happens. if it is esc you will get that one if it is the cel/wrench it is a missfire henc fuel.

beers

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You have to press and hold traction control 5 seconds to fully disable everything. Hitting it twice just puts it into 'sport' mode if you have the base, which leaves stability on but disables traction control apparently.

If you have premium, you still have to fully disable it as well. At least the manual claims that track mode doesn't fully disable them.
will have to look that up.. dont recall seeing that..

beers

Sponsored

OP
OP
jswenk

jswenk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks. No flashing light when this happens. Engine just is like it has a govern on it.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. No flashing light when this happens. Engine just is like it has a govern on it.
i so really hope what i have described is not it. please keep us informed..

beers

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Press and hold traction control for 5-10 seconds.

YvonneOfTheYukon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT/PP
Track mode does not turn off stabili-track. To turn everything off you put the car in track mode then hold up on the traction control toggle and you will se it light up in your gage cluster as being turned off. The directions are also in the manual. Not sure if that will help your issue though.

OP
OP
jswenk

jswenk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks. That worked and hope that is what happened on the track.

Sponsored

Jforand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue Premium w/PP
Any further updates on this topic? I too had the exact same issue with my 2016 Premium PP GT at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Mine would do it as I was finishing up the final carousel turn and just about to straighten the wheel to make the right for the front straight. I never did figure out the issue, but it is unnerving to say the least.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Any further updates on this topic? I too had the exact same issue with my 2016 Premium PP GT at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Mine would do it as I was finishing up the final carousel turn and just about to straighten the wheel to make the right for the front straight. I never did figure out the issue, but it is unnerving to say the least.
What was your fuel level when it happened?

I have the same issue when running a counter clockwise track that is a Roval. The car would fuel starve coming out of the long left hand banked oval. I was not able to run hard with anything under 3/4 tank of fuel. I have since added a block of fuel cell foam across the hump of the fuel tank to reduce fuel slosh from side to side. With the fuel cell foam in place I am able to run down to a 1/4 tank before the issues returns.

I do not run many counter clockwise tracks so I am hoping the issues will not be a problem going forward, but the only real fix is to add a surge tank or full fuel cell.

Dave

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I was not able to run hard with anything under 3/4 tank of fuel. I have since added a block of fuel cell foam across the hump of the fuel tank to reduce fuel slosh from side to side. With the fuel cell foam in place I am able to run down to a 1/4 tank before the issues returns.
Is that something easy to do? Or do you have to drop the tank?

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is that something easy to do? Or do you have to drop the tank?
You do not need to drop the tank, remove back seat, and there are two access openings in the tank for the drivers side fuel pump module and the passenger side sending unit module. The amount of stuff you have to unhook is less on the passenger side module so that is where I went. Make sure you have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel on the gauge and the passenger side tank will be empty.

Remove module and work the foam into the very small space that joins the two sides of the tank, there are two small vent tube ports that have some sort of a check valve that is sticking down into the tank so you have to work the foam around a few small obstacles, it is not hard and if you do not have a caged car like mine it will certainly be easier.

The foam I used was from RCI and filled the space nicely, make sure you get it placed directly over the center of the hump, it needs to be centered on the hump only and not sticking into either side of the tank or it can interfere with the floats on the sending units and the gauge will not read correctly. You can cut the foam if needed to ensure the best fit.

http://www.jegs.com/i/RCI/821/7050A...UumHmlwFJw6uBtBeB0Kmb4UfGoueV7Jb9hRoCvWXw_wcB

Dave

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have T/C and AdvanceTrac entirely disabled? What fuel level?

My money would be on the nannies intervening. Setting the car to Track does not turn off all the traction control features, it just increases the limits a bit before it kicks in to cut power. On a GT Premium, you have to hold the Traction Control button for like 5-10 seconds (the one with the car icon and squiggly tire marks). Holding down the drive mode selection button doesn't do anything except select the next mode in the list.
Sponsored