Sponsored

??threads on 8" stereo removal??

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Ok I have spent some time looking on the internet for information showing how to remove whatever needs to be removed to pull the 8" screen out so that I can install the RCA cables and other wires for an amp into the back of the head unit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? THANKS!
Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Well, there is no RCA outputs on the stereo.

Honestly, I think most guys are tapping into the factory amp connection to get a line level signal. The factory amp is in the drivers side kick panel.

OP
OP
sstevens7

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Well, there is no RCA outputs on the stereo.

Honestly, I think most guys are tapping into the factory amp connection to get a line level signal. The factory amp is in the drivers side kick panel.
ok thanks. The install shop quoted me $100 for the amp install labor plus materials. Said I'll need a line level, amp wiring kit which will come with the turn-on lead wire--4 gauge power and ground wire--17 ft RCA patch cable--125 amp fuse.

Found the amp wiring kit on Crutchfield for $90. The line level I want for $100. Wanted to save $100 by installing this myself. But you are thinking the RCA patch cable wont go into the back of the head unit? But rather into the factory amp connection?

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
ok thanks. The install shop quoted me $100 for the amp install labor plus materials. Said I'll need a line level, amp wiring kit which will come with the turn-on lead wire--4 gauge power and ground wire--17 ft RCA patch cable--125 amp fuse.

Found the amp wiring kit on Crutchfield for $90. The line level I want for $100. Wanted to save $100 by installing this myself. But you are thinking the RCA patch cable wont go into the back of the head unit? But rather into the factory amp connection?
The line level converter will take the stock speaker signal and convert it to RCAs. That is what you feed the aftermarket amp. The line level converter will require wiring though, it is not plug and play. There are diagrams on here somewhere that shows you what color wires are what, you would have to cut and splice there or buy the plugs that match to the factory amp harness and then solder to that. From there though, you don't need the line out converter. Just wire up RCAs.
Sponsored