Sponsored

This why pp cars need a spare

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
I was out two nights ago and hit a pothole . It was dark and I couldn't really see. I got out and checked the wheel and all seemed ok.

Well I was washing the car yesterday and noticed the wheel is cracked and bent. I got a quote from ford the wheel (1) is $1146.×× retail

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
wheel repair place should be able to fix that. I had a hairline crack and slight bend in a wheel on a previous car, they fixed, got rid of some curb rash, and refinished it for $150

OP
OP

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a wheel done by rim doctor and they did a good job of repairing the curb rash ,but the paint job sucked. The wheel is a cloudy black and in between the spokes is rough instead of smooth .

The only reason I took it was because I needed the car back . They said you could wait while they repaired the wheel. I dropped it off when they opened and it was still wet when I picked it up at closing .

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
A wheel is something I would never repair. Is just a no no in my book.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
That amount of money will basically get you a complete set of EB PP wheels from Ford Racing. Not the same color though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I know they can be found alot cheaper . There are a few on ebay for 250.00 ea. But I'm putting my claim in with the county . A guy who works on the road that it happened on said that hole has been there for more than a year . So I went on the county site and read what info I need to provide so I can make a claim.

Doesn't hurt to try .

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Don't know that a spare would have saved you...the wheel would have cracked regardless ;)

You can purchase the spare kit for $255 from the dealer (includes an 18" donut spare that fits in the spare well with the particle board/carpet cover over it and a combo jack/tire iron).

I was lucky: I found a forum member here who was getting rid of his factory spare kit, so he sold it to me for $200.

I keep the factory air pump in the trunk too (the one that normally comes with PP cars), I figure it might be useful someday when I run over something like a nail or screw.

P.S. I had my car for 1 month when I ran over a pry bar that some idiot dropped off a truck on a state highway...the front tire went over it and launched it like a projectile into the back tire :paddle:

8borerifle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Mustang
Will the Ford spare tire kit fit on a 2015 Ecoboost PP? Hate driving without a spare! It seems Ford doesn't offer that kit as an option for the PP! The Ecoboost PP does not have the Torson rear. Thanks!

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I looked to see if you were from Louisiana. We have shitty roads here. I had a mag on my Acura repaired and it came out perfect.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I looked to see if you were from Louisiana. We have shitty roads here. I had a mag on my Acura repaired and it came out perfect.
Accurate description...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Will the Ford spare tire kit fit on a 2015 Ecoboost PP? Hate driving without a spare! It seems Ford doesn't offer that kit as an option for the PP! The Ecoboost PP does not have the Torson rear. Thanks!
Yes it will...

The reason Ford doesn't offer it on the PP seems to be that they think the Pirelli P-Zeroes don't play well with a donut :thumbsup: That's the consensus I got on the forum earlier when I posed the same question.

BTW, the Ford spare comes on a (kinda cool looking) aluminum wheel...that's the first donut spare I've ever seen that isn't on a steel wheel ;)

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
spare tire

the spare tire will not fit over the big brembo calipers on the front of gt pp. you will need at least a 3 inch spacer.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
the spare tire will not fit over the big brembo calipers on the front of gt pp. you will need at least a 3 inch spacer.
Works just fine on the Ecoboost PP, though, which has stock GT 4 piston calipers and rotors... ;)

Bobstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary