Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Should have put the colored tribar pony on the grill, maybe re-used the larger pony package decklid emblem from the parts bin for the center of the grill?
Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
The Mach1 will absolutely have the guzzler tax. No 2019 Bullitts have it. MY20 Bullitts manufactured in 2019 don't have it. I don't know if the magic date was 12/31/2019 or not but if you get a lucky/early MY20 it appears you can duck it. The guzzler on Dodge 6.4 is like $1600. The Camaro 6.2 ducks it entirely because of the '1-4 skip-shift feature'. Since the Mach1 uses the same Tremec family product I suppose it's possible Ford pulled the same rabbit out of the hat and all us Ford drivers will be treated to that lovely feature.

I guess Ford could have done the same all these years with the GT350 but chose not to. It doesn't take much at all to trigger the 'disable slip-shift lockout mode' - I only run into it very occassionaly if using tiny amounts of throttle in which case I just select third. Or there is a $20 defeat device you can buy from Amazon that lies to the ECU about the state of the solenoid.
I didn't realize the Challenger 392 had the gas guzzler tax. It is only on the manual and I've been looking at the A8 so that must be why. I'm assuming the Mach 1 will be the same. I can't see the auto 5.0 getting less mileage than the scat pack, but then again it does has the cylinder deactivation and helps it get mid-to-high 20's on the highway.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Should have put the colored tribar pony on the grill, maybe re-used the larger pony package decklid emblem from the parts bin for the center of the grill?
As an owner of a Cali Special I was not happy to see the tribar on the EB HPP. But I am in agreement with putting it on the Mach 1. Right side of the grill just like the 69’.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
says the guy from PR. You guys have what, one road?
plenty of mountain roads
#1 Is it just me
#2 Is it an optical illusion
#3 Is it piping behind the two cut outs in the grille :D, it looks like fine fine mesh. Cooling for the brakes?

2021-ford-mustang-mach-1_25-jpg.jpg

You can see hint of something behind the left cutout
2021-ford-mustang-mach-1_24-jpg.jpg
car got coolers there...

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic

Agreed, 100% (especially the hosing of those wanting an A10 plus the goodies allocated only to the manual) ^^^

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
biggest thing i'm disappointed about is no shaker. granted the 1969-70 had them as options but the 2003-04 Mach 1's' had the shaker and you could easily distinguish them from the other cars. raised hood, shaker, unique side window....etc.
this just looks like a 2021 mustang with a stripe package on it that i can do at my home myself....and add wheels.
they even used 2 Mach 1's from '69 one with shaker the other with fake scoop, and yet this one had no scoops, shakers, nothing....
im sure it was cost but even if they did something with the existing scoops to make it look like the 70's models that would at least be something....
That was my first reaction too. What, no shaker? :facepalm:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
That was my first reaction too. What, no shaker? :facepalm:
To me it is just another example of the next to no effort Ford put into this car. They didn't want to develop a shaker and figure out a design that worked well with the new styling... The did not want to create unique parts that could only be used on this car, simple as that. This is just a parts bin vehicle that anyone with enough skill can assemble at home. I would even argue that you could assemble a standard base 18-20 GT and preform better then this car for THOUSANDS less on the track. This car is just a money grab for the people who want a "Mach 1" and have enough disposable income to throw their money away on it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Speaking of which, I just noticed they even reused the 15-17 turn signal assembly for the new bumper.... WOW....

Sponsored

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Speaking of which, I just noticed they even reused the 15-17 turn signal assembly for the new bumper.... WOW....
Just like they did in the new 2020 GT500.

DevinW88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Redfire with Roushcharger
I'm finally going to sell my 2005 GT and get into an S550. I like the Mach-1, and the fog light area looks perfect for a pair of turbos.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

Agreed, 100% (especially the hosing of those wanting an A10 plus the goodies allocated only to the manual) ^^^
this guy doesn't know wtf he's talking about on why they missed the mark imo. They did ok, but they missed the essence of the mach 1.

The mach 1 is NOT a track car. it is a street fighter. the down and dirty big engine, big torque light to light street fighter. And doing it while comfortably equipped, AC and power steering, power brakes, lush interior, fold down rear seat option for a few years. DRAG PACKS

Yes, they messed up the hood. but no they didn't have a shaker all it's years. In fact for most of it's life it DID NOT have a shaker. (if we count those horrid Mustang 2 years anyways). if we don't count that, it only had it for 3 out of 6 model years (you can count 2003/2004 as diff model years, but those are the exact same car, unlike 69/70/71/72/73 where there were differences, sometimes minor (71/72) between each year.) There were 6.5 model years of the mach 1, and 3 of them had NACA/NASA..which would look alot better on this car than a shaker that does nothing...at least a NACA/NASA could be useful, even if not as an intake. actually. you could use a NACA/NASA duct into a venturi and then into a heat extractor and it would be MORE efficient than the current extractor design.

So, this youtube star doesn't hit the mark on what they messed up. Then there are the small things, yeah, honeycomb grill. fake fog lights? nohoney comb back panel? upper fender badge? no mag 500s? (the base wheels are sorta there, but unpolished which doesn't look right)

Holy crap, if this guy makes money I need to get onto youtube and start my own channel and get suckers to give me money for spouting bullshit.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I'm finally going to sell my 2005 GT and get into an S550. I like the Mach-1, and the fog light area looks perfect for a pair of turbos.
I have my complaints on it, but overall it isn't bad. They were never going to make the Mach 1 as I envision it, those types of days are long gone unfortunately. But I'll get one, and over the course of the next 10-20 years I'll turn it into a true predecessor of the 69-73s
Sponsored