Thinking of trading in the 15 GT PP for a new C7 Z06

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Was actually going to buy a Z06 but after the initial complaints I didn't and now after all the issues I am glad I didn't. Bought the Mustang instead and kept my older Z06 to boot.
Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Pick up the z06 with a 8 speed auto and you will never want a Mustang again, lol.

TGR96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
If you have the means to pay for the Z06, and that is what you want, I say go for it. YOLO baby!

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
wont encounter the potential overheating issues dailying. Just be aware that it can rear its ugly head on your occasional track days.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
A C7 Z06 is a pretty major step up (in terms of performance) over a Mustang, but we're talking about a car that's about twice the price, so I'd hope so :D I still occasionally hit up the Corvette Forum, and the mechanical issues are a bit disconcerting, I think I'd almost wait, or look into a "standard" Vette - with the Z51 package it's not exactly a slouch :D

If you can afford a ride pushing $100K (the Z06), and being a 2-seater isn't an issue, then go drive one, they're pretty fantastic. I had 4 Vettes (not a C7 though) and they're a lot of fun, and finally even have decent interiors.

I actually did have a seating problem that didn't allow me to drive as much as I'd like, so my 2-seater just sold this weekend, and I've got a new GT convertible on deck.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I went from a claustrophobic two seater to the gtpp because it had more comfy space inside and still plenty of fun factor. If I had the budget for a z06 I would probably just 350/r because I still wouldn't want a two seater and I still don't appreciate the rear end appearance on the new vettes. Thought they would grow on me after a year or two like many car designs, nope!

With that being said, the z06 is a terrifying monster until it gets heat soaked.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I went from a claustrophobic two seater to the gtpp because it had more comfy space inside and still plenty of fun factor. If I had the budget for a z06 I would probably just 350/r because I still wouldn't want a two seater and I still don't appreciate the rear end appearance on the new vettes. Thought they would grow on me after a year or two like many car designs, nope!

With that being said, the z06 is a terrifying monster until it gets heat soaked.
Yeah man, I do _not_ dig on the rear of the C7 - said it when it was revealed, still saying now. The rest of the design has grown on my, and I actually prefer the standard model to the Z06 (the latter has too much additional plastic stuff tacked on everywhere). A good friend of mine picked one up, the driving dynamic are pretty suburb, interior is very nice, but while I'd rate the previous attributes as a B+/A-, I'd say the overall design is a C+, because that rear end is an _F_.

My favorite modern Vette design - at least the exterior - remains the C6, specifically that Z06 version (or the later GS models with the Z06 sized fenders/wheels/brakes).

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Yeah man, I do _not_ dig on the rear of the C7 - said it when it was revealed, still saying now. The rest of the design has grown on my, and I actually prefer the standard model to the Z06 (the latter has too much additional plastic stuff tacked on everywhere). A good friend of mine picked one up, the driving dynamic are pretty suburb, interior is very nice, but while I'd rate the previous attributes as a B+/A-, I'd say the overall design is a C+, because that rear end is an _F_.

My favorite modern Vette design - at least the exterior - remains the C6, specifically that Z06 version (or the later GS models with the Z06 sized fenders/wheels/brakes).
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I second your feelings on the c6 z06, pure business.

That guy wrecking the red one above, ouch, never lift! There seems to be a better z06 video in the related vids that I think some here might appreciate:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i love the rear end of the c7 lol

OP
OP

Rich S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Manual
I suppose I could wait for a GT500 if they ever make one. I am torn because I do love the GT and it is a bit more practical.

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
Z06. Just don't do this.

Holie jemolie!:eyebulge:

Man you would think he would had felt that thing letting loose, feathered and corrected. Maybe it is a car issue the way it jetted hard right?:shrug:
Sponsored