Sponsored

Theft Prevention

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How good is the theft prevention system on the S550? I won't be picking my car up until June and will be staying at my home of record for a month which isn't exactly the best area.
Sponsored

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Im still not familiar with mine. I know the security system comes with wheel locks and then some proximity sensor thing where if they try to open your door the alarm goes off. this is when the windows are open too. I would read about it..

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
There are two levels of theft prevention. I believe the first is mechanical forced entry (pry barring a door or trunk), the second is more electronic with motion detection (broken windows, lifting up the vehicle, etc.). If you buy a convertible, both levels are included in the price. Otherwise, you do have to pay for the 'upgrade' option.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I looked at my order again and I did not add the second tier security. I can't find much info on either security system online. I'm actually thinking about Lojack now.

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Might be a long shot, but from your use of home of record - are you military by chance?

If you are, is there a base anywhere close to your home? Maybe you can park it in long term storage on base, if they have it. Most bases I've been on or passed through had it, for folks on deployment. Might not be the best idea, but if you're really worried it might be an option. I always felt better parking my cars at my shop or in long term storage when I deployed and stuff.

Might look at long term parking at an airport too. Not the best, but at the least I'd hope there is some form of security there. Though i'd be worried about door dings and such.

Sponsored

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Even a dealership might help if you got ahold of them and they're cool. An extra 2015 on the lot for advertising maybe.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Might be a long shot, but from your use of home of record - are you military by chance?

If you are, is there a base anywhere close to your home? Maybe you can park it in long term storage on base, if they have it. Most bases I've been on or passed through had it, for folks on deployment. Might not be the best idea, but if you're really worried it might be an option. I always felt better parking my cars at my shop or in long term storage when I deployed and stuff.

Might look at long term parking at an airport too. Not the best, but at the least I'd hope there is some form of security there. Though i'd be worried about door dings and such.
Yep you are correct, the closest base to me is about 3 hours away from where I need to be. I will be using the car daily while I'm there but my main concern is that it will be unattended at night for a month. It will be garaged though, it doesn't completely stop the thieves but will slow them down drastically. As long as it can't be started without the key I think it might be ok for that time period.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I understand that there is a plug and play security add on system from Ford. I dont know how good it is.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
When the info first came out about the S550, they made it sound like the enhanced security package would detect people when they got "to close" to the car. Well, I have that on my '15 and there isnt any outside proximity sensors. The only two systems are the "forced entry" alarm and the enhanced package that gives inside "ultrasonic" detection so if they reached in an open window, the alarm will go off. I even "whacked" the sides of my car to see if it had an impact sensor, nothing.

Sponsored

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
biggest threat is cloning the keys, without a smart key or cloned key would be hard to actual break in and drive away IMHO

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Security question

I've had the car now for 3 months and still learning all the options...A quick search didn't come up with my answer so I have to ask...The car came with Securelock Pass Anti theft, Perimeter Alarm and the optional Enhanced Security Package so shouldn't the lights flash and horn sound if somebody were to "BUMP" the car or try to enter the car....I read the manual and it says they should and if not contact dealer....The reason I ask is my wife was out the other night and when she came back to the car the drivers mirror was moved like somebody tried to break it off...fortunately I was able to re-adjust and no damage was caused....BUT horn and lights never went off....I tried entering the car without the key fob on me and no alarm sounded ....Is there something in the settings somewhere where I can fix this or am I off to the dealer??? TIA

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
The mirror's, at least on my GT Premium fold in to prevent getting "whacked off". I have both the standard theft proitection and the enhanced security package. Vibration to the extior of the car or people getting "to close" does not set the alarm off. The Standard alarm is if a door, hood or trunk is forced open. The enhanced security package gives you an motion detector for the inside. So if you left your windows down and somebody were to reach inside, the alarm would go off.

Yes, my headlights flash and the horn sounds when either alarm is tripped.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The mirror's, at least on my GT Premium fold in to prevent getting "whacked off". I have both the standard theft proitection and the enhanced security package. Vibration to the extior of the car or people getting "to close" does not set the alarm off. The Standard alarm is if a door, hood or trunk is forced open. The enhanced security package gives you an motion detector for the inside. So if you left your windows down and somebody were to reach inside, the alarm would go off.

Yes, my headlights flash and the horn sounds when either alarm is tripped.
My alarm has gone off once when I was close enough to hear it (it's possible that it's gone off when it's parked over night three or four blocks from my apartment, dunno). It was because I was cleaning snow off the car and let the wiper blade fall against the windshield after I'd pulled it up out of the way.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Would someone trying to steal the wheels set off either of the OEM alarms?
Sponsored