Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well it might as well be at the moment, not exactly going anywhere whilst its broken......

Though it being broken is not good for my bank account, I keep ordering parts for it now whilst I don't have it just like I was doing when I was waiting delivery.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:! They still waiting on a wretchid O-Ring for it?

In short, don't leave gibbo without his car, he'll be in debt!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Being to Ford today, first of all a couple of pictures of the girl looking sorry for herself, shows the new wheel colour a bit better, though cannot wait to see them in sunlight to set off the metallic flick in them:

So got to see the new oil cooler and well it seems this is yet another part that is different between RHD and LHD versions or maybe all EU Mustangs had this change, but I do recall something about PP cars having bigger coolers, so maybe it is that?

New UK / RHD / EU (possibly) Oil Cooler

The old o-ring / gaskets from broken oil cooler

USA / LHD Oil Cooler

So if the oil coolers were not upgraded on PP cars then it seems like RHD cars use a very different oil cooler setup compared to USA / LHD cars. I did speak to the US and I said is that the oil cooler for a GT PP and they said. I am going to double check because I do re-call that PP cars had bigger coolers, but cannot remember if it was just radiators or actual oil cooler as well.

So right now Ford do not want to use the old o-rings because they have sweated and do not advice it but at the same time no one at Ford anywhere seems to have any idea what part number new o-rings are or how to get them.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
But they must be making RHD vehicles at the moment so can someone not go over to the production line and say "Scuse me mate, can I have a couple of them there oil cooler seals for the UK V8?"

Send them to the UK, job done!!

It cannot be that hard

I am getting really annoyed about this. Ford need to get a bloody seal!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive Got loads of o rings in work but they look special

Yep just checked US brochure for Performance Package:
GT Performance Package includes:
- unique front air splitter;
- strut-tower brace;
- larger radiator;
- upsized rear sway bar;
- heavy-duty front springs;
- unique chassis tuning;
- Gauge Pack (oil pressure and vacuum);
- K-member brace;
- Brembo 6-piston front calipers;
- 19" x 9" Ebony Black-painted aluminum front wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
- 19" x 9.5" Ebony Black-painted aluminum rear wheels with 275/40R19
summer-only tires
- unique electric power-assisted steering
- ABS and electronic stability control tuning
- Engine Turn aluminum dash panel;
- spoiler delete;
- 3.73:1 gear ratio with TORSEN helical gear differential

In question is this bit: - larger radiator; ????

By larger radiator do they mean oil cooler or just the coolant front mounted radiator on the car, I am assuming the latter and that infact UK RHD cars do indeed have a different oil cooler setup compared to a US car, one which seemingly just appears to leak or fail with little to no warning considering I am now the 3rd car in the UK with this issue.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where does the RH drive cooler mount? That looks like the oil cooler from a Diesel. All US GT's have an oil cooler, PP has a larger radiator I believe.

On your USA GT PP cars does your oil filter screw onto the oil cooler as per the diagram I posted?

On a UK car the oil filter screws directly onto the engine, the oil cooler is actually located behind the oil filter and is not part of it, so it seems like quite a bit was changed for RHD, infact this seems like a big change.

Last edited:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Its all irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

The fact is, one of the largest car manufacturers in the world and they cannot supply a gasket. Bollox. Someone knows where the part is and what part is required, there is just a lack of 'giving a dam'

The fact is, they are making cars right now that will be having the gasket on them. Somewhere, in a parts bin is the right part and I am guessing that it would be around 4 phone calls away to find out what is required and where it is.

Once located, it is 2 days away to get in to the uk. I would pay the postage myself just to prove a point and get Gibbos car back on the road.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The fact is, one of the largest car manufacturers in the world and they cannot supply a gasket. Bollox. Someone knows where the part is and what part is required, there is just a lack of 'giving a dam'

The fact is, they are making cars right now that will be having the gasket on them. Somewhere, in a parts bin is the right part and I am guessing that it would be around 4 phone calls away to find out what is required and where it is.

Once located, it is 2 days away to get in to the uk. I would pay the postage myself just to prove a point and get Gibbos car back on the road.

No you are completely right, all it takes is someone who knows Ford internal operations like Andy Barrett, (can someone do the mention thing with his name) to get him on this thread.

Because like you I firmly believe a phone call to the right people, who will then call the correct people in the USA, who will then call the people on the production line for RHD UK cars can then grab a handful of these o-rings / gaskets, stick them in a jiffy bag and express ship them with Fedex on a 2-3 days service over.

All this is possible, is someone gave a damn, instead Ford just seem to look at each other like their brains are missing and then proceed to sit and do nothing.

I mean seriously come on Ford, someone sort this out and do the UK cars have an oil cooler issue, it has clearly being quite dramatically changed from USA cars and now there is 3 UK cars we know of that have had an oil cooler fail in less than 5000 miles, that seems like there is a bigger issue.

Don't want to worry anyone but keep an eye for oil leaks on your passenger side just behind where the oil filter is.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Quite farcical isn't it. Seems a lot of ford people don't want to touch the 'stang because they're scared of it for whatever reason, I appreciate them doing the right thing, but there's a point when doing the right thing becomes doing the WRONG thing by taking so damn long and slacking. And it's not just that dept that does it I can assure you (and bet on my car with that).

It's a fucking O-ring for Christ sake, I understand they need 'the right one' but fucking hell, as Steve said, it's somewhere, get it sent. Better yet, - GET SOME BLOODY SPARE PARTS IN THE FUCKING COUNTRY. :doh: This isn't the first and isn't the last time we'll here of ford being fucking egits and slacking or being unaware of where to find things.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where does the RH drive cooler mount? That looks like the oil cooler from a Diesel. All US GT's have an oil cooler, PP has a larger radiator I believe.

Attached is photos Stiggy took when doing his oil change:

You can see on a UK car the oil filter screws directly to the block, the actual oil cooler is set further back, I take it on USA cars the oil filter screws into the oil cooler as per USA diagrams?
Slide11.jpg
Slide12.jpg

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

OK found a picture of a USA GT PP car, and yep it is a completely different design, seems the engine in RHD models is also unique to RHD car, if you check the attachment you will see on a LHD GT PP car the oil filter screws directly into the oil cooler, that will mean the engine on the LHD car has no place behind it for a cooler unless it is blanked off.

Image attached. Kind of a little worrying in a way that a lot more on a RHD or UK car seems to be changed compared to a USA one.
IMG_1607a (Medium).jpg

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Definitely different in design. It looks like you can unscrew the oil filter on the US car and drop it out of the bottom flap. No chance of doing that on ours due to steering rack motor location.

Hope you get it sorted soon Gibbo

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely different in design. It looks like you can unscrew the oil filter on the US car and drop it out of the bottom flap. No chance of doing that on ours due to steering rack motor location.

Hope you get it sorted soon Gibbo
Yes am guessing this is a difference between RHD and LHD, so not a regional difference I hope.

Reason I say hope is because I am hoping Australian RHD cars are exact same setup as that does mean their headers will fit our cars, but not gonna risk ordering Australian headers until I've seen an Australian cars oil filter / oil cooler location.
Sponsored