Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had a 2013 Civic LX and that thing was great for commuting. 36mpg and has the build quality to run 200K miles or more. I'd get another one if I didn't already have a 2013 Toyota Corolla S as my daily.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
No way.. Below 60k starting. Last model was $56k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're dreaming. This ZL1 will MSRP right where the GT350R does. Low $60's. This is not a car intended for volume sales, it's a niche car.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You're dreaming. This ZL1 will MSRP right where the GT350R does. Low $60's. This is not a car intended for volume sales, it's a niche car.

Just like they've been every year. They've never been for volume sales. They are going to be cheaper than the R.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Just like they've been every year. They've never been for volume sales. They are going to be cheaper than the R.

Time will tell, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. However, if it does beat the GT350R on the track, but does so at a higher price point, it will be an epic fail on GM's part.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Time will tell, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. However, if it does beat the GT350R on the track, but does so at a higher price point, it will be an epic fail on GM's part.

Have no doubt it will beat the R on a track.. And if price is a little higher, it's not a fail. It's a lot more car for what you pay vs an R which comes with no ac or radio at 63k.

Cars are in 2 different classes so you can't even start the pissing match with them. Gt500 would be the competition. And the gt500 is going to be 65-70k starting.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Really interested in seeing the MSRP. I'd assume as a high[er] end variant, there wouldn't be a ton of options relating to performance (since it has mag/LT4/etc), just the gearbox, maybe an interior option and something with audio/nav/AV.

I'll take a stab at a pricing prediction :D

Based on (starting prices) a C7Z06 being $79K, the old ZL1 being $55K, the new car being a pricer platform (a 2SS priced up to $50K with the 2 or 3 major performance options), with more unique engineering, sharing the LT4, carbon. Also the C7 vs. C7Z07 is $55 vs. $80K, that's ~$25K difference.

$65K starting, bumping over $70K with PDVR/2SS, a few custom exterior options (the Z06 has dozens of options for paint, stripes, carbon).

The difference in an SS Coupe vs. Convertible (Chevy build site) is $7K, so predicting a convertible ZL1 intro price over $70K.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Have no doubt it will beat the R on a track.. And if price is a little higher, it's not a fail. It's a lot more car for what you pay vs an R which comes with no ac or radio at 63k.

Cars are in 2 different classes so you can't even start the pissing match with them. Gt500 would be the competition. And the gt500 is going to be 65-70k starting.

3900lbs says what? Going by the last ZL1 vs CTS-V, we are looking at CTS-V performance so long as the motor stays cool. GM says it will, but they have been among the worst for thermal issues on even their best cars.

Here is a more detailed explanation.

More weight. Its going to be 200lbs heavier. Most of that is going to be on the front axle. So its better weight balance compared to a Mustang will be gone. As will the weight advantage. In this case the GT350R will be lighter.

Not enough tire. Its got more tire than before, but still less than a GT350R. Not good when you are now nose heavy and got more wieght.

Brakes. Brakes are better than the 2014 GT500, mostly thanks to rear brakes that aren't a joke... but still not GT350 class.

Drag. Its picking up a ton of drag (vs SS) from its new areo. The Z06 is "slow" in a straight line due to this. Expect the heavier but slicker CTS-V to get a good bit of help here vs ZL1. GT350R's own areo isn't exactly free, but till I can look at the underside of a ZL1 I'm going to assume a little more "free lunch" in the downforce to drag realm. I'm a little shocked at no fender or hood vents as thats some lovely free lift and drag reduction. Still no contest in the back straight drag race between a ZL1 and GT350R, but its going to be closer than you would assume from the extra power.

That said, 10spd auto, 640hp, 305 rear tires? Its going to be very fast at the drag strip if you order it correctly. GT350R would be a high 11sec car with a good 10spd auto... this should do better.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Nothing wrong with Honda.. American quality can't even compete with the Japanese or Germans. They are far far behind.

I disagree!

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
Here we go again, this will be a fast car especially with the auto trans. I'm not liking the front treatment and the rear spoiler looks like a fleamarket purchase, cant see it working well other than an image booster. What I'd like to know is since this really is the top engine from the Vette, what did they do to it to drop it 10 hp and 10 ft lbs? My guess is really they didn't and are advertising it this way to appease buyers of the ZO6. Let the horsepower wars continue!:ford:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

It WILL NOT beat the R period. I'll bet a months wages on it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, but when was the last time you seen an R go for msrp, aside from mine ;)
Chevy dealers will probably sell 2 above msrp ford dealers sell nearly every R above. Can't wait until the gt500 comes...we have a long... long...long wait.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yeah well I know of 2 dealers in my area that couldn't sell the z28 at msrp. They sold each one 10k under.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yeah well I know of 2 dealers in my area that couldn't sell the z28 at msrp. They sold each one 10k under.

Those cars were garbage and a rip. I wouldn't have paid $25k off msrp.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Those cars were garbage and a rip. I wouldn't have paid $25k off msrp.

:lol:
So is this new one to me.
Sponsored