No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
YES! NEW PARTS

First big mobile upload from my phone. I hope this works...

So I made a little progress this weekend. I got a package and in this package was Steeda autosports Billet Aluminum Vertical Links , Adjustable Rear Toe Links , Hood Struts and Urethane Dif Bushing Insert System

So of course I got right down to business and tackled the hood struts first. Super easy probably all in about 40 minutes. Nothing crazy with the install the included instructions are easy as pie to follow and all you should need to get the job done. I will post more photos later for those.

Now for the fun one. The Vertical Links. I only had one day this weekend and Sunday it was. Started off only going to do a few preventative maintenance items when I decided What the heck its only 4 bolts and the car is already off the ground. So I started on the driver side on and off in 40 minutes.
Couple before shouts shame on ford these are so tiny......

Despite their size being like 5 times thicker they only weight about 2 pounds more. So if you trying to shave weight probably not what you want to add... Let's face it if your grabbing that ground first your 4lbs ain't gonna hurt you. Just lay off that big Mac and fries and your covered... Just sayin...

So the second one proved to be a pain in my a$$... After effing with this thing for way longer than I should have I walked away and came back later... After I remembered my A$$ was not a hat :headbonk:I pulled my head out of there and talked my way thru the problem. Attached a few pics down is a Pic with some comments. I hope they help.

A little after shot.

Little side by side.

Okay so the driver side I learned quickly to get the flathead in there and pry down while hitting with the rubber mallet and bam done. Lined right up and I was done.

Next came passenger side and for some reasons it got the better Of me. After coming back a little later had my sons friend give me a hand and as he was telling me what he saw the light bulb went off... Anyways hope this helps someone down the road.

Thanks for reading and go follow me on the gram @projectmenace

:cheers:

Danny
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nope, that's 2 that like the stock stance.

No plans yet to get springs, but then I'll see when I get her in September.
I do not mind the stance the S550s. It is lower than the 2014 by over 1" if I remember right. I will have to say it Handle's like a different car tho with the stance and set up I am currently running.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Way to write it up Danny! More or less similar tricks I used..

I had assisted Tony briefly with getting Noah's vertical links in - They we're a bear.. Savanah's dropped right in for some reason, Haha...

Looking good dude!! Needs a little air tho ;)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Way to write it up Danny! More or less similar tricks I used..

I had assisted Tony briefly with getting Noah's vertical links in - They we're a bear.. Savanah's dropped right in for some reason, Haha...

Looking good dude!! Needs a little air tho ;)
Yeah one side was so easy and the other was um... Not so easy.

And Ray don't even get me started I am a little upset with you and the progress of your build. I am loving it. Just fantastic so far.

Solid write-up bud! I'm sure those tips will help some of the other members during their installs :thumbsup:
Thanks David. I hope it does help out as well.

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Okay so as promised some pictures of the Hood Struts. Not the best as the are from my cell phone but you get the idea. Seriously easy install. Make sure if you buy these to have a 7/8" drill bit on hand. I only had a 3/4 and then had to widen it with a blade. Looks okay but the right tool for the job would be better...

s300.photobucket.com/user/The-Menace1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150617_105137_zps2ky6ntij.jpg.html]
[/URL]

The steeda logo would look much better on a car that has some color and it adds a nice touch it is very cleanly cut into the support bracket.

It is so much nicer not to have to fumble eff around with that flimsy hood support every time i open my hood. Which is every couple days....

Thanks for Looking

Danny,

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
New Steeda Rear Toe Link Install

Well so I was at it again this weekend. I installed the Steeda Rear Toe Links with Option #2 for full on car adjustability. After install went straight to Tucker Tires Covina for an alignment. Still in the testing phase I only put 60 or 70 miles on the new set up. The back end feels to be in total control all the time. I am noticing g more of a Mid Corner Bite now when cornering hard. It just feels lime the car is more intouch with itself. I will have to say just the one notch looser on the front sway bay loosened up the front of the car. I think I like it better stiffere. Gonna give it a week and see how I like it.

Nothing really to report on this installation. It was super easy. I did the full adjustment option so I lengthened the link from 11" to 11.25" all in including looking for a misplaced socket the installation was less than 2 hours.

Before.

Parts comparison. I laid the 2 side by side and matched the factory length by I serting the factory bolts thru the hole in each part. Then added the recommended .25"

My intentions were never to build a track car but the more I build this car the more I may think I wrong....

A little side by side action.

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
new Cold Air Intake

Okay so I received and installed my new Steeda Cold Air Intake. Unfortunately I was replacing the K&N so I don't really have before and after pictures of it stock.

All in all it was a very simple installation. I liked the fact that the Steeda CAI was more of a true box over the K&N. After driving stock for several thousand miles and then with the K&N for over 1500 miles, I am now about 400 miles into the Steeda with their Tune and Restrictor removed. I have to say based off of the on board Inlet Air Temps the Steeda CAI is a true Cold Air Intake System over the K&N, yielding much cooler inlet air temps especially at higher consistent speeds. Power wise the Steeda Tune is a little conservative over my VMP tune but the car seems to run better, not as whinny I guess if that makes sense? Power seems equally distributed thru the rpm range where I could feel a little burst of power in the 3.9to4k range with the VMP tune. Just one mans opinion no scientific or dyno proven fact sheets to back that up...

So for The fun part..

I mean just look at this quality Velocity Stack

Awesome Edit done by Marvelous_d_s550 thanks Danny for all your continued help and support.

K&N before

A.little side by side comparison of the two boxes. Or lacktherof a box for the K&N

Before and after together. Notice the K&N sensor connection is on the opposite side of the Steeda and Factory location. You need a supplied pigtail wire harness to get you there with the K&N... Not sire why they did that?

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
new Cold Air Intake

Okay so I received and installed my new Steeda Cold Air Intake. Unfortunately I was replacing the K&N so I don't really have before and after pictures of it stock.

All in all it was a very simple installation. I liked the fact that the Steeda CAI was more of a true box over the K&N after driving stock for several thousand miles and with the K&N for over 1500 miles I am about 400 miles into the Steeda with their Tune and Restrictor removed. I have to say based off of the on board Inlet Air Temps the Steeda CAI is a true Cold Air Intake System over the K&N, yielding much cooler inlet air temps especially at higher consistent speeds. Power wise the Steeda Tune is a little conservative over my VMP tune but the car seems to run better, not as whinny I guess if that makes sense? Power seems equally distributed thru the rpm range where I could feel a little burst of power in the 3.9to4k range with the VMP tune. Just one mans opinion no scientific or dyno proven fact sheets to back that up...

So for The fun part..

I mean just look at this quality Velocity Stack

Awesome Edit done by Marvelous_d_s550 thanks Danny for all your continued help and support.

K&N before

A.little side by side comparison of the two boxes. Or lacktherof a box for the K&N

Before and after together. Notice the K&N sensor connection is on the opposite side of the Steeda and Factory location. You need a supplied pigtail wire harness to get you there with the K&N... Not sire why they did that?

Sponsored

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Your car looks great and I love what youve done so far!

*subscribing*

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Just noticed this build today! Absolutely fantastic, I love what you have done with the car! Now that it can put the power down you just need the POWER!:lol::headbang:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your car looks great and I love what youve done so far!

*subscribing*
Thank you so much. I hope it inspires someone in the future.

Just noticed this build today! Absolutely fantastic, I love what you have done with the car! Now that it can put the power down you just need the POWER!:lol::headbang:
Thank you she handles like a dream. Maybe some Nos in the works but other thank that just going to keep building the suspension while I save for a Procharger. Still have 2 maybe 3 things left on the IRS then onto the front half of the car.

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for posting your feedback on the CAI comparison! #thoseweldsthough :thumbsup:
Yeah no problem. Figured one day someone will be looking at the 2 options and it will come down to price. And Steeda has me sold. The amount of R&D that looks like went into the Velocity Stack alone is worth the price. My high speed inlet temps were 4 degree dif. than outside air and it was 95 degrees out. I was doing a buck 27 thru the grapevine this week climbing a hill for... This whole car is just set up. Gunna play with rear sways now that I got the front dialed.

Thanks again for everything. Always being there for questions and quick answers. You guys are the best.

Thanks

Danny
Sponsored