Sponsored

The Hideous Bubble overflow tank is gone - MMR's new 2015 GT, Ecoboost & V6 reservoir

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302

A look at MMR's new Stealth 2015 Mustang reservoir:

Get rid of the hideous factory bubble overflow and replace with these MMR handbuilt reservoirs. Plug and play installation. All factory hoses slip right on allowing for a 5 minute install!! If you love the car show scene or simply want a better looking engine compartment this is for you. Constructed of 6061 Aluminum for high strength and lightweight. Compatible with ALL stock and aftermarket air intakes. Black Anodized for corrosion resistance and great looks!

$199.99

See this and other exciting new products on the MMR website @ www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

Order now: http://modularmustangracing.com.tempwebsite.net/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=834&cid=1

Looks great. A must have for me if I get the new car. Still need to drive a PP Manual GT before deciding if in biting now or after they announce GT350 specs. Finally narrowed my colour choices to orange and white.

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
When I first saw this I thought why is this so wonderful and pretty? Today when I saw it I got it, the beauty is that it disappears and let's the whole engine bay shine in a gestalt art history way.

Now on my future V6 I wouldn't do this, since the jelly fish is the visual highlight.

I'm glad I looked again,

DeColores

Magmetallic15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt, 2005 Mustang GT
We just need a black plastic cover that goes over the top 1/2 of the jellyfish, like the 05-14 cars have... that would make this bottle less noticeable. Surely someone in the aftermarket can mold a plastic cap-like top that would snap on over the bottle. Yes the overflow hose(s) would have to be temporary disconnected for installation. Anyone see what I am describing in the aftermarket yet?

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Just A Tad High

Nothing against a quality product but $200.00 for an Overflow tank. I don't think so. I'm pretty sure a trip to a local wrecking yard will score a suitable replacement for $10.00-$20.00.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think it's a really nice looking replacement. I do agree the ability to check the coolant level from the exterior is a must have. Even though the likelihood of a new car losing coolant is surely very, very low, if and when the time comes or you just want to check it there should be a simple way.

I do also believe the price tag is a bit steep. Undoubtedly a quality product, and when the car arrives I would like to improve the look of the engine bay by changing or modifying the stock unit, but I probably wouldn't purchase this at the current listed price.

Typeone

Sinsi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Ford
Looks nice.. I have never been a fan of the gallon jug hanging out in the engine bay.