Sponsored

The Hideous Bubble overflow tank is gone - MMR's new 2015 GT, Ecoboost & V6 reservoir

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
MMR is offering an alternative to the tank that everyone thinks is hideous. They priced their tank at what they think its worth considering the materials and time they have in it. People dont need to reply to their advertisement by saying I'll fix mine with a $6 can of plasti dip. If you dont like it dont buy it or go buy yourself a tig welder, metal break, and materials and see how much time and money you have into building a quality replacement for yourself.

Dont discourage any company from putting forth an effort to make quality aftermarket products for the car you own. Coming from a Factory Five Cobra Daytona Coupe that has very very little aftermarket support I welcome any type of support from every company. I choose what to buy and what not to buy according to quality after all its a $199 tank on a potentially $40,000 car. If you dont want to pay for it just say , "That looks great" and move along.
I could make this for less then 10 bucks. Not really hard at all. Plastic is cheap. At 49.99 that would be a be a huge profit margin,
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I could make this for less then 10 bucks. Not really hard at all. Plastic is cheap. At 49.99 that would be a be a huge profit margin,
I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
One of the first things that jumped out at me when looking at engine pics was the coolant reservoir, I will withhold finally judgement until I see it in the flesh but I'm glad the aftermarket is producing alternatives. Hopefully there will be several designs to choose from.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
As I stated earlier, with the heat of repeated race duty, the factory tank will start to warp and eventually crack and begin leaking. I learned this the hard way with my 2003 Mach 1. These aftermarket tanks really do serve a purpose.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...
Absolutely. This isn't intended to be a cosmetic upgrade. This is meant for a functional upgrade for track use. If you happen to find this a cosmetic upgrade as well, then bonus for them.

I personally love this and it will serve it's intended purpose well.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
It will be seen at every car show that I take my car to.
I don't think I'd bother showing the engine at a car show, there's nothing I'd want to see. It's just a crammed-in mess of plastic and wires. If it was a classic with nice headers (that you can also see), hidden wiring, braided hoses, chrome and smoothed / painted bodywork, etc, sure, there's something to see.

Sponsored

rknerr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP, non-premium yellow stick coupe
Are you sure it's lighter than stock? The stock reservoir is made of plastic so I can't imagine the aluminum would be lighter. The last thing this horse needs is more weight.
I very much agree with WestRace, the factory plastic is light. Why pay $200 to add weight & slow down?

Rick

flyers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT
Bought a built shortblock from MMR a number of years ago for my blown GT. I had a hack-job, wannabe mechanic at the time who screwed it up on install and had to ship it back from Philly to Cali for parts/repairs.

Point is, MMR's products and customer service were top-notch. I'm always willing to pay a bit extra for a quality part from a reputable company. Just wish mechanics thought like businesses...

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think I'd bother showing the engine at a car show, there's nothing I'd want to see. It's just a crammed-in mess of plastic and wires. If it was a classic with nice headers (that you can also see), hidden wiring, braided hoses, chrome and smoothed / painted bodywork, etc, sure, there's something to see.
You have to have the hood open or you lose points.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
Nice job MMR have used your products for years topnotch!

Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Nice, well built tank! :cheers:

Your welder did a Nice job too! Those are some Pretty looking beads!

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
:doh: I'm just going to assume you are not talking about MMR's tank for $10, because I can tell you for a fact that the anodizing cost is more than that. The welding, unless done by a monkey, will also cost more than $10. I think the tanks look great and are an excellent replacement for the stock Ford part.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
I very much agree with WestRace, the factory plastic is light. Why pay $200 to add weight & slow down?

Rick
Because some people like to show their cars? Anyone that cares what the engine bay looks like is clearly not just interested in the lightest setup possible.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Funny, it hasn't bothered me as much since hearing it refered to as a jellyfish. I think I'd miss it.
You could always put a sticker on it. :)

Sponsored