Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

Deroxas2.0

Oh man I didn't check in all day since I was out doing birthday stuff but what a great B-day gift this was!! This place always delivers the s550 goods.

Now that Ford's peeling back the camo, can we tell anything about a possible reveal date from the stage of testing and camo? I'm still hoping for this car ASAP so is it possible to see a January reveal at Detroit show?
Sponsored

BlueVenom

Well there's a pretty important piece to this "did Ford mean for us to see this" puzzle that I don't believe has been mentioned (my apologies if it was within the last few pages...I became impatient and decided to post). What I'm referring to is the fact that they had perfectly good, airflow-allowing camo already on the car. It's skin tight and on the entire front end. But they painted it black. It's the same paint they used to spray paint the 15 on the hood. The camo underneath all of that paint is what's on the hood. You can see a spot that they missed at the bottom of the bumper, and on the edges of the velcro tape. It's completely covered in plastic with all those crazy designs, any yet they chose to spray paint it black so that we could see the details.

If that's not a sign that it was meant to be seen, I don't know what is.

Anyways, I'm not going to say whether I like it or not until I see what those headlights look like uncovered. If they're a la Evos instead of Fusion (with those crazy LED fins along the outer edge), I'm back on the "this car is amazing" bandwagon for aesthetics. I also can't say whether I like the design until I see the back end as well. Headlights are a pretty pivotal part of a car for me. I think they single-handedly point towards the aesthetic personality of the car above all other aspects. Outside of the design, however, the performance specs are a no-brainer. Very impressive if all the rumors are true.

But really, the forethought that had to go into spray painting all of that camo was enough for me to realize that it was done on purpose. They didn't need to paint it black to allow airflow for performance testing. But they DID need to paint it black for us to see the lines and some of the details.

That's interesting I actually did not notice until you pointed it out.
Is this the B/W cow camo that were gonna see?

I'm not sure that proves they staged this tho. If anything it seems to me if they are camouflaging it that means it's real.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Most tracks close officially after Labor Day so, I expect no camo mules to be running tracks within the next two weeks... No secret here fella's, the tracks don't stay open all year...

Grim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Another thought just popped into my head. Perhaps the entire car was at one point covered in that black/white line camo. And perhaps the entire car was painted black all at once. But those unpainted portions might have been where the padding was before. And then they strappe on that cloth camo. Just a thought.

Still seems odd that they would choose to paint the camo black, though.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Camaro5 don't like the front?! That's fine, they'll only get to see the back end of it anyway.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice! 9" wheels in the front, and 10" in the back. Same front track, and the slightly wider rear track we already knew about from the mules.
What's even nicer is it looks like there's room for 10's and 20mm more tire up front.

Withholding comment on the styling/design until I see a straight-on side view shot.

Norm

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
as I said in previous post was clear that minor changes would not alter the original structure of the ford mustang. I guess the rear will be the closest thing to this

Pabo

Lol all these rumors swirling around about a fake front end just to throw people off.

Who here believes this? If so, can you please explain what Ford benefits by doing this?

Krishna

If you're into conspiracy theories, I've got one.

Assume Ford was caught with their pants down on this one and this is the front end. Ford is probably pretty pissed right now. So what do they do? They carefully "leak" that this is NOT the real front end so it leaves people guessing and doesn't tank 2014 sales. The telltale sign will be if you see any comments from Ford (not gonna happen I know) or people associated with them who normally would not be talking one way or another.

Sponsored

NitroMustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
as I said in previous post was clear that minor changes would not alter the original structure of the ford mustang. I guess the rear will be the closest thing to this
How about a version without the center exhaust? Either dual tipped on each side (like the current GT500) or single tips on each side.

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
Much has been made with this model or rather concept led to the street. If it is true that responds more to that mustang ford fusion. But it does not seem a crazy idea that looks like the renders shown here. costs of converting a ford mustang evos raises the costs would be expensive and a model that is now affordable. Also remember that the evos is a concept and being a street model all that technology will not appear on the streets as often happens in the concept cars. Here it is anañadir modern lines of this concept on the basis of the mustang to renew it. Perhaps what is not taken into account is that the Mustang is a classic and will always be regarded as classic only be a model with fresh lines more attractive than before. Actually I'm waiting to see the final model but it gives me apparently seen that there will be very many differences between this and the previous

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
I don't know if ford is playing games or not, but I feel scared away to buy C7, after what i saw, front looks just not aggressive enough to me. And it's crazy to me that all that heavy camo was hiding nothing significant I'm sure people expected little more.

OKCfan

Lol all these rumors swirling around about a fake front end just to throw people off.

Who here believes this? If so, can you please explain what Ford benefits by doing this?
I don't believe it's fake. Why go to all that trouble? They could easily have just peeled back a little of the camo and gotten a new round of interest and coverage on the car (if that's what they wanted). Why go to all the trouble to deceive? And what if people end up liking this design (which it seems most of us do) and then they come out with the 'real design' which is worse? What a PR disaster that would be. :doh:

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
In previous posts we read that there were 15 different mustang each tine design and a variations. Interestingly, and if I have not seen it wrong and you can correct me on a photo I've seen on the bonnet 15. It will take pictures could be a smokescreen to cover the final model. But it does not seem unreasonable that closely resembles what we've seen so far. If we take the view we have gone back a futuristic supercar a revison of a known model. the last render approach seen in spy photos. And apparently this mustang and the aeons only fits the shape of the front grill.
Sponsored