Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
did you do back to back to back pulls? How consistent is the power? Design wise, the mishimoto should out perform the mountune
Yes, i did several, on the street and on the highway.
It cooled down very fast and as I said, it seems that the Mountune recovers faster than the Mishi.

The highest temp I saw in crawling traffic was 135, and it dropped to 105 after a 10 second blast.
Maybe that extra 9 lbs of metal in the same size frame has an effect.
Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Yes, i did several, on the street and on the highway.
It cooled down very fast and as I said, it seems that the Mountune recovers faster than the Mishi.

The highest temp I saw in crawling traffic was 135, and it dropped to 105 after a 10 second blast.
Maybe that extra 9 lbs of metal in the same size frame has an effect.
This is awesome. I'm not in a hurry to tune so as a stock replacement this great. No plans for a big turbo anytime soon. Might have to weigh the benefits of the extra cash that can be used for suspension mods.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
^^i see your Miami and suggest that you put life on hold until you get a new intercooler :D

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
For those who had it done in the shop, how many hours did they charge you? If I get quoted for more than 2 at a pro shop, I might as well do it myself in a long morning.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
For those who had it done in the shop, how many hours did they charge you? If I get quoted for more than 2 at a pro shop, I might as well do it myself in a long morning.
Where in Jersey are you?
I've done it twice, and would be glad to give you a hand.
Wheels up to wheels down in an hour and a half.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Where in Jersey are you?
I've done it twice, and would be glad to give you a hand.
Wheels up to wheels down in an hour and a half.
That's very generous of you - not sure how I earned this friendship hah.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I don't know what the rates are in US, but they charged me €117 (~$136). Took them about 3 hours to install.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Mine was quoted low like 137 bucks but then when they got to put it in they asked to reasonably increase it to two hours so just over 200 for me. In NJ.

Sponsored

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
For those of you who had installed a bigger unit like Full Race or ETS, did you notice any turbo lagg? Or any changes with pressure drop?

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Thank you! I was originally planning on going with Levels, but there is a mention of removing the active shutters and getting a tune for it.

I am set on staying with the Ford Racing tune, does the ETS need an after market tune or the need to remove the shutters?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thank you! I was originally planning on going with Levels, but there is a mention of removing the active shutters and getting a tune for it.

I am set on staying with the Ford Racing tune, does the ETS need an after market tune or the need to remove the shutters?
U dont need a custom tune for an intercooler. it just allows more aggressive timing since it cools better. TheLion is/was running levels IC + FP tune no problems. U just have to remove the grill shutters I believe since its a big intercooler. I have the FP tune and went with the MAP street IC. Havent installed it but it says no removal of the shutters and I cna install without removing the bumper. Its not a stage 2 like levels, but it will do fine for my use

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
U dont need a custom tune for an intercooler. it just allows more aggressive timing since it cools better. TheLion is/was running levels IC + FP tune no problems. U just have to remove the grill shutters I believe since its a big intercooler. I have the FP tune and went with the MAP street IC. Havent installed it but it says no removal of the shutters and I cna install without removing the bumper. Its not a stage 2 like levels, but it will do fine for my use
Thanks, I understand - but wouldn't removing the active shutters result in a check engine light, or any other dash warnings?

Is there a guide to replace the front grill with that of the GT? Does that satisfy the removal of the shutters?

Sorry - too many questions here, but seeing 130 - 150 degrees on a regular basis on my charge temps are scaring me.
Sponsored