Sponsored

The annoying console shifter area BUZZ, has anyone here fixed this and how?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Mine had it since day one, MGW shifter solved it.
If there's nothing in the cupholders and the keys are not lying in the seat or console area, then I suggest you evaluate the shifter grip. One poster had this problem and it was solved by changing shifter grips.

Or....... you could just join the MGW crowd.:headbang:
Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Except an earlier poster said it occurred after he installed his MGW shifter.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Except an earlier poster said it occurred after he installed his MGW shifter.
Mine was buzzy before, and much worse with the MGW. MGW sent me the upgraded parts but I've yet to install them.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
The car was out of the dealership four hours after drop off and it seems the new shifter has solved the buzzing sound so far. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
WOW! My Boss and old shelby are the ones in that Everyday Driver video... Great find for a fix - hope that does it, as I have the same buzz in my R (though not as loud as it was in my base GT350).

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I have a slight intermittent buzz, only happens in second gear and at high rpms. My fix is to simply roll down the windows or ignore it.

Don't want to take it to the dealer as they'll need to rev past 5k rpms to reproduce the sound and it's somewhat intermittent.

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I had this issue and thought it was the center speaker giving feedback everytime I was revving past 5k rpm. Turned out to be a piece on the actual shifter underneath the console that was loose and vibrating at high RPMs. Dealer found and fixed it, haven't had this noise since.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Catching up are we saying this is the shifter? or the speaker? or we dont know yet

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Catching up are we saying this is the shifter? or the speaker? or we dont know yet
I couldn't pinpoint where the noise was coming from so I thought it was the speaker or something behind the console, but for me it turned out to be a loose piece on the actual shifting mechanism behind the console.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
For me, if I just lift on the reverse collar a little, it stops. If I get tired of it, I'll take it in to the dealer.

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have noticed the exact same noise especially under hard acceleration. Pulling up on reverse lockout mechanism/ring would mute it but it's not obviously not the solve. Dealer says it's part of the Voodoo engines vibration and characteristic. Whatever. Oddly enough I did the resonator delete, which is awesome BTW and have no regrets, and it diminished the buzz by at least 50-75%. I guess the tone or resonance from the exhaust contributed to the noise. Or, just the louder exhaust has drowned it out...lol.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Check your heat shields above the exhaust if you have severe rattling, mine was buzzing around after the resonators were pulled.

I do have a slight buzzing around the shifter area at high rpm, I just see it as a quirk of having a 526hp FPC V8 up front.
Sponsored