OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Photo spamming session coming up! :)

So, Ive got it! 1 bus and 2 trains, all went well - was a very easy pick up process to be honest. Dealer was spot on, and I was in and out of the dealership within 90mins. Very pleasing all round.

The journey back was filthy weather, proper monsoon rain with hailstones... so I stuck it in rain mode most of the way and proceeded gingerly.... however on some dry spots I did give it some welly.... and the grin is still plastered across my face.

When I picked it up the economy was showing 67L/100 :hehe: Its now down to 13.8L/100 and during the time it wasnt pissing with rain I wasnt holding back... so im pleased with that. I reckon 10L/100 tanks will be attainable, which will suit me very nicely.

Initial impressions. Well the first, the biggest and what I imagine will be the most lasting its that its got *character*, 100% un-quantifiable and certainly a car thats going to prove to be more than the sum of its parts, I think.

Engine - well its a 425bhp V8, theres not much more to say! It loves to rev though, it goes really, really freely through the rev. range, which is v. different to the LS3 Camaros I drove.

Ive obviously not had the chance to really 'drive' it yet - but I will say the chassis/traction etc seems forgiving, and the car is certainly planted.

When you look and feel around the interior, you can spot the areas where some plastics have been cheaped on... door tops and handles in particualr... but then again, theyve saved money in a few spots and spent it in others, so im not complaining.

Im very, very happy with the colour combo, I reckon the saddle leather is spot on :yes: The cooled seats work great, but make your bollocks feel weird after a while. Shaker sound system is more than good enough, and although some people cant get on with the SYNC2 system, im not one of them. I have it in this and our Focus, and I find it to be a decent all-round infotainment experience.

So there we go, after 6 months ive finally got it. Now the real fun can begin! The Mrs. is away this weekend and im looking after my daughter, so chances to get some quality time in the garage will be limited... but once the boss is back, im cracking on. I might at least try to get the bonnet struts fitted tomorrow during mini-me's nap time :yes:

Usual cover it in blue sheet routine:

Had some crappy weather on the way back, but the sun was shining when I pulled up at home :)

Very happy ive gone for the black wheels - these will become a winter set at the appropriate time.

Neat touch, similar to be found throughout the cabin.

6-piston Brembos. They work, rather well.

Again, considering its a Ford, the paint is bloody fantastic. Lovely deep metallic flake and no orange peel!

Saddle perforated leather. Seems decent. Longevity to be assessed.

Another nice touch, IMO... although maybe not to everyones taste....?

The Coyote is a brilliant, brilliant engine. Certain things in the engine bay will be changed or tidied over time.

Litttle and Large as they will now be called. Together for the first time. 5.0 425bhp Vs. 1.0 125 bhp !

This is my small 'American' plate that ill be putting on the front of the car - not legal in the strictest sense of the word :hehe:, but not taking the piss too much either. Ill mount it on a 'sto n sho' or similar.

Its a nice key. Credit to Ford.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
beautiful pics! And the baby seats in the back is a touch of class :)

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Great color combo, congrats man. You better get a really good insurance protecting you from people suing due to broken necks. This is going to be epic once you start moving around the town in your Mustang:cheers:

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Thanks folks... still got that weird feeling of having to look out of the window to see if its actually parked there, and that its mine!

Took it out to the shops this morning, unfortunately once again pissing with rain :(

Its certainly an attention magnet - lots of photos being taken and people with questions... all friendly though. Its a feel good car!

Whilst in the multi-storey I noticed that the kick plates are illuminated (to match the colour choice of the interior via the OBC)....

and the (in)famous Pony puddle lights:

Ive managed to find the time to install the gas struts... so thats mod nr. 1 complete. About 30-45mins work, nothing complicated, its just that the instructions are rather crap and I wanted to take my time. Definitely a worthy addition though.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Today:

- Steeda strut brace
&
- American size front licence plate

Sponsored

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
New boot mat today:

Ordered SMD LED side lights, and chrome plated indicator bulbs to hide the orange effect.

Having the OSRAM LED Driving+ DRLs fitted at the local dealer next week.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
which hood struts did you go for? (seems unbranded in your photos)

I see you made a very good choice on colour now ;) I was back and forth with regards to saddle or the premium black seats... chose black though as I saw too many differing photos of the saddle...

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Im really enjoying the commute in the Mustang... makes going to work not seem quite so bad, even at 5.30am :)

Grabbed these on my camera phone - not bad, considering!

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Car is looking great my man. I bet that these morning rides to work are very satisfying. Enjoy, it's a great car indeed

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Well, what a day it has been for the Mustang... where do I start.

Ill actually begin with the bad stuff.

1) Having had the car on a lift for the first time, its obvious that the under-sealing is just as bad as I was expecting it to be. Id rather they have not bothered. Whole sections missed, over-spray everywhere, random parts that dont need underseal are actually completely covered! Its really very shoddy indeed. So ive made photos and im following the progress of others on the Mustang Forums. There is a rumoured TSB on the way from Ford to have them all re-done....

A bit of rust already!

2) Ive had the LED DRLs fitted. And they are bloody brilliant. But one unit has a fault, well actually its more likely to be the control module. DRLs are functioning fine, but the left side fog light doesnt come on. The technician has ordered up a new set of lights (incl. module) and they will be re-fitted ASAP. All under guarantee, so it was worth paying the extra to have it done at Ford. Total cost incl. fitting and parts was €470.

Now the good stuff.

Firstly, the clutch spring. What a revelation. This thing is a bloody miracle. No more fluffed shifts, dodgy/jerky getaways or general confusion on what the clutch is doing. Its marvellous. Easily the best and most cost effective mod. I think you can do. Fitting took 2 mins and the part cost was ÂŁ15.

Secondly, the jacking rails. Not exactly exciting, and you have to fit them the opposite way around from the instructions. But they look like theyll do what they are supposed to and it took all of 10 mins to fit. The chaps at the garage also sprayed down some sealant/rust inhibitor to protect the are where the jacking rails sit.

The long black bar running front to back is the new rail:

Thirdly, and most importantly, the exhaust. My smile is <-------------------------------------------> this big.

B L O O D Y hell. Im absolutely astonished that two small back boxes can so utterly transform the noise of a car. Happily if you are soft on the throttle and dont mash it, its inconspicuous enough. However, plant the foot and the noise it makes is epic. Its so deep you can feel it through your body. Ha ha, im laughing thinking about it. Its brilliant and it suits the car perfectly. Theres no mistaking it for an EcoBoost now!

Total cost of fitting all of the above: €35 and a blast around the lanes for the mechanic. Result!

Some pics and a video. TBH Im not sure the video does it any sort of justice. Its just from my camera phone, and if I go any closer with the camera (or try some static rev shots) it just distorts the mic. So this will have to do until I find someone with proper equipment.

[ame]

Sponsored

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Nice... The exhaust sounds great now and looks good too. Yea, steeda spring is an upgrade worth every penny, did you mention it's beyond affordable? Haha I got one too, it helps a lot with overall clutch feel and yes it's cheap.
Now, the undercarriage finish is........ just what it is, sloppy work but if you Intend to keep the car for longer I'd advise you do spray a good coat of sealant under there, that will keep the rust damage to a minimum. BTW, mine is just as bad tho. Pretty cool thread you got going on here:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Computers + internet + beer = expensive

:hehe:

I got fed up of waiting for the Ford Racing oil separator, so ive gone for an anodised JLT unit instead.

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I've been already drinking the same beer:cheers: Imagine, that's only beginning and a lot more to come soon I'm sure :lol:
I like your choices however, are you sure about the X pipe sound increase and possible drone it can create? I guess you can reinstall oem one back on
Cheers

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Definately a risk with the X-pipe, but like you say, I can switch back to std. if I want to.... :)

Im quite shocked by how much the Roush axlebacks have quietened down, now that they have bedded in.

So far im impressed with CJPP - dispatched the order < 8 hrs.
Sponsored