Sponsored

The 1st V8 in The Netherlands.....?

TimGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic
So it's still true that no one is crazy enough to buy a V8 Mustang in the Netherlands at full price.

You are very lucky :)

Also luckily Germany isn't that far and living just over the bourder keeps traveling time pretty low from and to work, so that's what I'm planning to avoid paying twice as much for the V8
I have this situation (Living in Germany and working in NL) all my life - it has its benefits but you should realise you do move to another country. Different laws and different people - if you're up for that and ready to "integrate" with "them" I say good on you. I have seen very many families however come over to Germany from Holland and realise after 2-3 years living in Germany is really different from their "original home" and they move back.

The car is not everything. (Ok my wife would now frown if she'd hear me say this :first:)

[MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION]: Have fun driving :cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
So it's still true that no one is crazy enough to buy a V8 Mustang in the Netherlands at full price.
That bit is certainly true.

I do wonder if there was a bonus paid to the salesman when he made the sale from Ford NL, because he was insanely happy to have sold the car - he was a very friendly guy and knowledgeable / passionate about the product.... 10/10 to Broekhuis Ford from me :)

The white 50th Anni Edition mentioned earlier in the thread might be a private car, in which case respect to that owner!

The Mustang and the Chevy Camaro have to be one of the worst ratios for net price/retail here in NL. The M3 for example is also right around €120,000, but the NET price is much higher than the Ford, at around €50-60k from memory.

For me it was a very tight decision between the Mustang and the Camaro - I drove several LS3 Camaros in the past few months and really liked them, although they 'feel' very different to the S550.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I do wonder if there was a bonus paid to the salesman when he made the sale from Ford NL, because he was insanely happy to have sold the car - he was a very friendly guy and knowledgeable / passionate about the product.... 10/10 to Broekhuis Ford from me :)
The sales guys are pretty competitive and they all wanna be able to say 'I sold the first this or that'. Mine was actually proud he sold the first yellow one in the country :D

And of course the GT's ginormous price difference is almost completely tax. So in terms of money to the dealerships turnover he just sold you a car that is only 5.000 euro more than an EcoBoost.

The white 50th Anni Edition mentioned earlier in the thread might be a private car, in which case respect to that owner!
It's actually registered to a business so it's a company car, not a private buy like yours. As far as I know you really are the very first private GT buyer :cheers:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting ....

And what's even more fun is the fact I also upgraded from an XC90 (daily) to the mustang (unfortuneatly only EB) . I keep the Volvo as "safe" first car for my son.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I picked up its little brother today.

2015 Focus with the 1.0L Ecoboost (125ps). A really cool little engine. Quite amusing to have both a 1.0L and a 5.0L Ford!

Quick question about the Sync 2.0 (in the Focus).... I see there is an option to install and update Apps.... however googling only brings up US-centric stuff.

I tried to register for the US based MyFord, but it wont accept the VIN of the Focus :(

Anyone know more?

Sponsored

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
My first new Mustang was delivered today. Its a beast!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
A GT I can afford! Going to toys r us tomorrow :D

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
My car is going to be early.

It was already built in February and will be here in June!

Woooooooo!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ive finally got hold of the full VIN, which means I can access ETIS and the window sticker.

The car was officially built on 3rd March, and is currently at Baltimore harbour awaiting vessel allocation :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
At the dealer tomorrow, perhaps a pic by Monday!!

Also got my hands on the CoC, so I can start the paperwork process.

Ordered and ready for fitting:

- Roush axle back
- Steeda strut brace
- Steeda hood struts
- Steeda jacking rails
- Steeda 35lbs clutch return spring
- Red vinyl for the lights

Its getting closer!

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
He wants it, he buys it. Simple, why some of you have to justify this guy's decision based on your own believes. It is impressive to me when someone sheds 50k or 120k on the car they want because how good it looks, even if it's a Mustang. I wish I could bring one over to Europe and sell it to you guys for 50k euros. I'd make killing doing that

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Looks like I missed out by a few weeks then... would be interesting to know if it went to a private individual, or a company.

Black looks great on the car, its a shame the owner isnt on here!

Mine should have arrived on Saturday... its still in Antwerpen.... go figure. It seems the whole delivery chain leaves a lot to be desired in some respects.

In better news, DHL say my exhaust will finally arrive tomorrow! Yay!
Sponsored