Sponsored

That milky residue on interior window surfaces!

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I've had mine a year and it still happens constantly. No matter how much I clean the Windows. I actually keep a microfiber cloth in the glove box to address it when it happens. Nothing worse than spending a few hours cleaning the car and thinking you have it spotless. Go to drive it a few hours later and the damn inside of the Windows already have that crap back on them.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've had mine a year and it still happens constantly. No matter how much I clean the Windows. I actually keep a microfiber cloth in the glove box to address it when it happens. Nothing worse than spending a few hours cleaning the car and thinking you have it spotless. Go to drive it a few hours later and the damn inside of the Windows already have that crap back on them.
Same! Have a microfiber with me all the time. Thankfully, the front glass is super easy to reach and clean. The back seems much worse than the front though and I have to clean it weekly.

dblizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GTPP
Well shit. Mine does the same thing. I thought it was because I hadnt cleaned it in a while and when I did my glass looked great. Within a week it was back again. I thought it was my AC causing it.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I've had C Quartz on mine since I took delivery and definitely don't have this issue.

Have you guys clay barred the glass?

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I've clay barred the glass a few times. I get it mostly on the inside though.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Are you all seeing this buildup on the inside or outside?

Is it like soap scum on a shower? Or like cloudy swirl marks?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
The haze on the inside sucks, the front windows are easy enough but ive nearly given up on the back.

The outside is easy, i clayed then used rain-x. I wouldnt wax it especially with conventional waxes as ive always had it get on the wipers and cause streaks.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
On the inside. I friend of mine and I were discussing this very thing this past weekend. It is our belief it has something to do with the new refridgerants being used. It happens with all of my modern cars, regardless of make model. And I hate it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
On the inside. I friend of mine and I were discussing this very thing this past weekend. It is our belief it has something to do with the new refridgerants being used. It happens with all of my modern cars, regardless of make model. And I hate it.
I get that in all my vehicles if you all are talking about the inside.

I think it's a combination of humidity and dirt/dust and the type of cleaner being used. All that with blowing air on the windshield is probably doing it. :shrug:

I think the video of the guy cleaning the vette windshield isn't gonna help. :confused:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Guys, WTF are you all talking about?:) Any pics if this? I don't recall ever seeing white milky crap?????:shrug:
Windows look O.K., and then you drive into (or in the rear window away) from the sun and you have film on the inside surface of the glass. Buffing it with that spare McDonald's napkin from the glove box helps get you through the day, but you have to spray and clean to get it all off.

Then, a few days later...... like your mother in law.....It's back.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Windows look O.K., and then you drive into (or in the rear window away) from the sun and you have film on the inside surface of the glass. Buffing it with that spare McDonald's napkin from the glove box helps get you through the day, but you have to spray and clean to get it all off.

Then, a few days later...... like your mother in law.....It's back.
I think a lot of glass cleaners like Windex put a residue on glass. I find I see cloudy swirls after a time. They are definitely cleaning/cleaner. So now I just use a cloth we'll rinsed in a light liquid soap, like my car soap. Then I rinse and wipe again. I don't see those swirls so much now. :thumbsup:

I use microfibre cloth, otherwise I get fuzzies on my glass.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Wow, I guess I should feel lucky. I don't have this issue at all and I'm a neat freak about windows and the interior of my car.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
All cars do it.
Sponsored