Sync Update

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
I have updated my sync before with the same USB drive that i am using today but it keeps saying that the file cannot be found in the root directory. anybody else having issues updating ?
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi mustangtaxman,

Some customers are experiencing issues with downloading and installing the newest update. Our team is aware and are actively working to get it resolved. Send the VIN in a PM; I'll check to see if your vehicle is affected.

Shaay

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have updated my sync before with the same USB drive that i am using today but it keeps saying that the file cannot be found in the root directory. anybody else having issues updating ?
I actually just tried downloading the update today and the download is fine but this is what the inside of the folder looks like and I can't seem to get it to look like the way it's supposed to look like from the Sync Software instructions on Ford's site. They say to unzip the folder but the folder I'm downloading isn't even zipped.

And when I copy everything and put it on the root of the freshly FAT32 formatted USB drive, the car says it's a bad software update. :crazy:

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 5.47.56 PM.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious too about SYNC updates -

When logging into the ford.owner site - one can check their SYNC software status and when I checked mine, it stated that my software was up to date (as of last night). However since I have purchased my vehicle (12/26/15), I personally have not attempted any updates to SYNC at all. I have SYNC3 in my 2016 EcoBoost Premium w/Perf Pack.

Is my software really up to date as ford.owner eludes to - or do I have to check something else within the vehicle to determine most current version?

I do recall the system blipping up a message asking if I wanted auto SYNC updates when I would start the car - and I always declined (until I could read up more) - but on my initial service visit to a local Ford Dealer back in Jan (unrelated to this topic), that message no longer appeared. My guess is that it popped up and a Tech pressed something, which stopped the pop up that I used to see on the screen.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I actually just tried downloading the update today and the download is fine but this is what the inside of the folder looks like and I can't seem to get it to look like the way it's supposed to look like from the Sync Software instructions on Ford's site. They say to unzip the folder but the folder I'm downloading isn't even zipped.

And when I copy everything and put it on the root of the freshly FAT32 formatted USB drive, the car says it's a bad software update. :crazy:

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 5.47.56 PM.png
Hey DanielIvan,

I'm looking in to this for you. In the meantime, please try re-formatting the USB to FAT32 and try the download again from Google Chrome. Let me know if there are any changes.

Just curious too about SYNC updates -

When logging into the ford.owner site - one can check their SYNC software status and when I checked mine, it stated that my software was up to date (as of last night). However since I have purchased my vehicle (12/26/15), I personally have not attempted any updates to SYNC at all. I have SYNC3 in my 2016 EcoBoost Premium w/Perf Pack.

Is my software really up to date as ford.owner eludes to - or do I have to check something else within the vehicle to determine most current version?

I do recall the system blipping up a message asking if I wanted auto SYNC updates when I would start the car - and I always declined (until I could read up more) - but on my initial service visit to a local Ford Dealer back in Jan (unrelated to this topic), that message no longer appeared. My guess is that it popped up and a Tech pressed something, which stopped the pop up that I used to see on the screen.
Hey Cobra Jet,

Send me a PM with your VIN; I'll check it out.

Whitney

Sponsored

geeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blackie
Dear FordIVTeam,
This is obviously caused by the poorly software engineering team. The cab files should be inside a folder called "SyncMyRide", but instead they named the file name as a folder path string. I can't believe they made such ridiculous mistake. Don't they at least test it on one vehicle before releasing?

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Dear FordIVTeam,
This is obviously caused by the poorly software engineering team. The cab files should be inside a folder called "SyncMyRide", but instead they named the file name as a folder path string. I can't believe they made such ridiculous mistake. Don't they at least test it on one vehicle before releasing?
Maybe the issue some are having is OS or browser related.
I downloaded it from Ford site using IE 11 on Win 7 machine and it came in as file 'FR3T-14D544-AL.zip'.

I unzipped it with no problems and it contains file autoinstall.lst, install.lst and folder SyncMyRide.

I just copied the contents of the ZIP (2 files and 1 folder) to a USB drive formatted as FAT32 and installed it with no issues. Update went fine.

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Updated mine yesterday.

Ford site does not like Chrome. First tried using a Mac and Chrome. No go.

Switched to a PC using Firefox and install went fine.

I have the Base system.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dear FordIVTeam,
Hi geeti,

Yes, we test the process prior to release. It appears the issue occurs with MAC users. Switching browsers seems to be the fix. Thanks for the feedback.

Whitney :)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hi geeti,

Yes, we test the process prior to release. It appears the issue occurs with MAC users. Switching browsers seems to be the fix. Thanks for the feedback.

Whitney :)
At the bare minimum you should confirm operation with the last couple of builds with the following:

OSX Safari
OSX Chrome

Winders© IE11
Winders© Chrome
Winders© Firefox

Sponsored

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was able to update the Sync to 5.9 but when I returned to the computer to upload the .xml file the website took a dump. Now when I try to go back in it say please try again later.....

UPDATE. I was never able to get this to work in chrome. However it worked fine in Internet Explorer.

Last edited:

geeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blackie
The thing is I'm not ford employee, why should I do these tests...
At the bare minimum you should confirm operation with the last couple of builds with the following:

OSX Safari
OSX Chrome

Winders© IE11
Winders© Chrome
Winders© Firefox

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The thing is I'm not ford employee, why should I do these tests...
Not only are you not a Ford employee, but you're also a bit confused ... that was not directed at you (see the 'Originally Posted by ...' label in the quote for clarification).

:)