OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No VIN needed, just read the ESN from the radio, that's what they need. Tune it to channel 0 or 1 (never can remember) and your screen will show you the Sirius info.
This^
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
wish sirius traffic link worked.... its supposed to be a 5 yr trial but mine doesnt work.... i wonder if its cuz it came out of a wrecked car.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
wish sirius traffic link worked.... its supposed to be a 5 yr trial but mine doesnt work.... i wonder if its cuz it came out of a wrecked car.
You can try and get them to transfer a trial from a car you bought - to the new head unit. Or, it's maybe $6 or $8 per month to get all of their infotainment stuff added on your existing subscription.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
You can try and get them to transfer a trial from a car you bought - to the new head unit. Or, it's maybe $6 or $8 per month to get all of their infotainment stuff added on your existing subscription.
i did the base to sync 3 swap....

Sponsored

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did the base to sync 3 swap....
If the trial swap is off the table, then I'll bet that Sirius XM would be glad to sign you up for the extra services.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally completed the upgrade to Sync 3 in my base V6. I went with Non-nav and Sirius XM+HD Radio setup. Everything works great except i have to change some values in FORScan. Don't have the OBD Link tool yet so need to order one.

HUGE HUGE Thanks to the OP [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION]. This guy is amazing. Thank you so much for being patient and answering all my questions. He will be willing to do anything for you and go the extra mile. It's hard to find such people nowadays. :clap2::clap2: Also thanks to [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] [MENTION=21358]stang1971[/MENTION] [MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] who answered my questions.

I will write a detailed write up with some tips and where I was stuck. Here are some pics and my parts list.
Excellent! Let us know how the module editing goes. Also, on that main CarPlay screen you can choose what 8 icons appear. I did it and I think I just slid them around on the screen of the phone while it was connected.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Excellent! Let us know how the module editing goes. Also, on that main CarPlay screen you can choose what 8 icons appear. I did it and I think I just slid them around on the screen of the phone while it was connected.
Got my OBDLink MX yesterday and did all the ABD mods and everything works great. Will post those values soon. I got drive modes, auto A/C, GT animation as bonus features :headbang:

Does anyone know how to get the time zone for the Sync 3 clock to change. I keep setting the time manually and next time I start the car it goes back to Central Time. It's offset by an hour. I don't see a setting for Daylight Savings Time either. Any thing needed to be changed in ABD? Thanks

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clock

You can tell it to use the internet (though, I have factory nav so maybe this is not an option if you don't?) to update time, but then it loses your local time. So, do that, then adjust the hours to where you are and it should work. I had the same issue.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No VIN needed, just read the ESN from the radio, that's what they need. Tune it to channel 0 or 1 (never can remember) and your screen will show you the Sirius info.
The APIM doesn't know the VIN of the car it came from and can't be programmed with it. It picks up the VIN from other modules in your car, probably the BCM.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sync 3 choices

Under "Future Vehicles" the Ford website now lets you build and price a 2018 Mustang. We may have some new choices as far as ordering parts or finding them at Recyclers. A cloth seat GT can be had with Sync 3 goodness - 301A package. When you start choosing nav or 8" screen on a 300A GT it makes you jump into the 301A package.

These do not seem to be related to Sync 3 but they do apply to a 2018. Want that cool 12" dash display? Seems you have to order 401A which means a GT Premium. And 401A does not seem to include the Shaker Pro audio anymore. That's a few hundred bucks more on top of 401A. Want the GT350's auto adjustable suspension? It's over a grand and you have to first have the Performance Package - which is now $4000. Combo is over $5000. No bad choices there at all, but I quickly configured a Mustang GT for $50000. What are the GT350's going for? Oh, the "drag race" mode requires the new 10-speed automatic, over a grand there. I like my 6M - the new one is dual disc.

The point of this seems to be that Sync 3 retrofits will remain alive and well for at least another model year. Will there be a Sync 4 after that? As for me, a 12" dash display retrofit would complement my Sync 3 nicely!

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Make sure the Sync 3 module you get has Nav. Since you already have a premium you just need to switch the screen/apim and add a few extra cables.

Here's all the parts I used and where to get them
For the APIM, search car-part.com.
The part where I got stuck was the hub adapter (where you need to splice). 4Dtech has the adapter for $50 and i think its worth it for a full plug n play swap. About an hour for full swap

Don't we also need Bezel to Hub USB Cable and APIM to Hub cable FR3Z-14D202-A & FR3Z-14D202-B?

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Question for you guys..
I did a base to Sync3 swap and I remember that I was told the unit was non-nav but had Sat and HD Radio..
I have everything else working but I don't see HD stations? Do the all the units with Sat Radio also have HD? Is there something I need to do to "activate" this?
Thanks guys
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.