OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Will the ACM with this number work? GR3T-19C107-CA (this is from a 2015/16 Mustang) It has both SAT and HD. Or does it also have to be FR3T-19C107-xx ?
Yes, the "XX" is just a place holder. C and M suffix ACMs have both SAT and HD
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Alright, so I was unable to find the part FR3Z-18842-D Non heated seats. I called AutoNation Ford WBL and Chris contacted United Radio. United Radio mentioned to Chris that it's currently out of stock and there's no ETA it could be a month or 6 months. Kind of disappointed that I got all the parts needed and waiting for this.

Can I use the FR3Z-18842-E heated seats bezel? I could find couple of used ones on eBay. Will they work fine? I don't care about the extra buttons.

Thanks
Just confirmed this. Unfortunately if you want the heated seat delete version you'll have to wait or dig through salvage facilities. On the flip side the heated seat version does work.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I don't care about the extra buttons.
You can use a non-Recaro (heated seat) version and it works just fine. Heck, the buttons light up and everything! Good for messing with people.

I had a gal riding in my car a while back and she was cold (of course) so she turned on the heated seat button. I didn't say anything. :D

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
You can use a non-Recaro (heated seat) version and it works just fine. Heck, the buttons light up and everything! Good for messing with people.

I had a gal riding in my car a while back and she was cold (of course) so she turned on the heated seat button. I didn't say anything. :D
Hahaha. Did she complain they weren't working? ;);)

Sponsored

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Nice info Hextail! One question from me. I have a base Mustang. Does the base system share the same APIM connector with Sync 3? If not, what's the part number for that connector?

Another question is, have you gained selectable drive modes after swapping to sync 3 w/ premium bezel?

Cheers! :-)

Last edited:

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Nice info Hextail! One question from me. I have a base Mustang. Does the base system share the same APIM connector with Sync 3? If not, what's the part number for that connector?

Another question is, have you gained selectable drive modes after swapping to sync 3 w/ premium bezel?

Cheers! :-)
same connector yes..... pins have to be moved around tho.

Drive modes need to be enabled using forscan.

I have drive modes enabled on my base sync3 swap

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
same connector yes..... pins have to be moved around tho.

Drive modes need to be enabled using forscan.

I have drive modes enabled on my base sync3 swap
Don't forget proper hazard toggle operation!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wow! May I ask what for?:cheers:
No big deal, it's just when you switch from the base to premium bezel, the operation of the switch is wonky. Still works, but not like it should. Quick as-built change while you're taking care of the drive modes will fix it.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
No big deal, it's just when you switch from the base to premium bezel, the operation of the switch is wonky. Still works, but not like it should. Quick as-built change while you're taking care of the drive modes will fix it.
I think the base models don't have Auto A/C feature. After switching to the Sync 3 with premium bezel, I have a seen a video where Auto A/C can be enabled. Does it work for you people? I know the dual mode A/C still doesn't work.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think the base models don't have Auto A/C feature. After switching to the Sync 3 with premium bezel, I have a seen a video where Auto A/C can be enabled. Does it work for you people? I know the dual mode A/C still doesn't work.
Dual mode doesn't do anything, but my auto A/C seems to work fine. I was definitely using it on Saturday!

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Dual mode doesn't do anything, but my auto A/C seems to work fine. I was definitely using it on Saturday!
Awesome! I missed that auto A/C feature all the time in my base V6, didn't know why Ford missed such a basic feature. With the Sync 3 swap and a Borla ATAK catback I am bringing my Stang back from the dead :headbang:

Jordan Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
That site says a minimum order of 7500.

The original instructions for a base -> MFT swap mention that the Motorcraft WT-1000 harness kit works, but you needed 3 of them. Given that there's less pin swapping required for base -> Sync 3, you might be able to get away with using less.

BUT, they're not that expensive. Here's one on eBay for $10. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322493756564

For the Sync 3 hub, you can use a WPT-1239 connector. Here's one on eBay for $25. http://www.ebay.com/itm/172780567584

For those of you doing MFT - Sync 3, 4D Tech has a no-splice adapter available for $50: https://www.4dtech.com/sync-3-retrofit-usb-hub-wiring-adapter-gen-2b/

[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] , you've provided a lot of great info in the OP, but it seems like you have a pathological need to keep people from overspending even the tiniest amount without consideration to how much their time is worth. For me, I'd go the quicker route and spend a little more. I think this info should be added to the OP.
So the WPT1239 connector can be used to adapt the new HU5Z hub to the cable that ran to my old hub on my MFT system?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Status
Not open for further replies.