Sponsored

StreetSpeed717's 2024 Mustang GT gets a Whipple!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Curious as to why y’all partnered with StreetSpeed on this one. He’s a Vette guy first and foremost, this is going to be a giveaway car for his channel so it won’t be around long and he’s kind of a douche, along the lines of StangChode IMO. I guess I kinda get it from a marketing standpoint, he gets way more views than StangChode does.

I guess what I’m really saying is I like the videos Jared does when it’s him and the other Lethal folks and the vendors, don’t need to add goobers like Mike but that’s just me I suppose.
He bought the car, paid for the blower and supporting items. His money is as good as anyone's.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
He bought the car, paid for the blower and supporting items. His money is as good as anyone's.
I get it. I guess I just prefer Jared and the other Lethal folks along with the vendors. Don’t need to add dudes like Mike IMO.

edit: I have a general disdain for YouTubers that have these “giveaway companies” that sell shitty merch to giveaway a car (that they absolutely beat on by the way). Good for him he found a business that works for him, that’s what the good ol US of A is all about, I just don’t care for it.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I get it. I guess I just prefer Jared and the other Lethal folks along with the vendors. Don’t need to add dudes like Mike IMO.

edit: I have a general disdain for YouTubers that have these “giveaway companies” that sell shitty merch to giveaway a car (that they absolutely beat on by the way). Good for him he found a business that works for him, that’s what the good ol US of A is all about, I just don’t care for it.
Sure. I'm sure he's a good dude, I'm sure you're a good dude. Same same. Only difference is that you know all about him and he don't know you.

Buy stuff, beat it up, sell stuff, make money.... Sounds good to me LOL

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sure. I'm sure he's a good dude, I'm sure you're a good dude. Same same. Only difference is that you know all about him and he don't know you.

Buy stuff, beat it up, sell stuff, make money.... Sounds good to me LOL
LOL. It’s certainly a business model that has worked for him. I don’t begrudge anyone that. Just not for me.

Yeah he could be a good dude, he could be a piece of crap. Nobody really knows except those that are in his circle.

I could be a good dude, I could be an a$$, depends who you ask and when you ask LOL.

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
I think Shady is a strong word. They've definitely admitted that some of the 8xx runs were with headers and doped fuel, but they do get awfully offended about it when you call out that a coyote on a whipple with a 3.625 pulley, doped fuel and headers making 830 rwhp isn't anything novel or spectacular or noteworthy. You can do that with any gen2/gen3.

The part that I find deceitful is the energy and hype around.............the same shit you can get with a gen2/gen3 equivalent setup.

Again, I get it. Their livelihood hangs on the brink. This locked PCM nonsense is a serious threat to the whole enthusiast marketplace. But rather than trying to stand before us putting lipstick and wigs on the new player (same as the old player) what they should be doing is finding the solution to get around the locked PCM. Cause in my unqualified opinion, this strategy of hope that everyone doesn't notice the S650 is largely the same with a blower as the S550, isn't going to work very well.
When lethal first posted the blue car making 800whp, they said pump gas. Only after a certain YouTube channel popped off did they edit the post. VMP's announcement video did not mention octane booster. It is being publicized more now.

I agree that this is nothing new. You can see the same results when the gen 5 Whipple came out. The big hangup is no tuning. Whipple has never been the end all, be all for tuning on these. They offer a warranty, which is nice, but for the performance guy, it isn't enough. Until tuning is cracked, this is going to stall out.

What would be VERY attractive to me is someone putting an Odin, Edelbrock, centrifigual, or turbo on an s650 with the Whipple throttle body. Someone could make that work since the air load would be better scaled and I think it would be enticing if it worked.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
When lethal first posted the blue car making 800whp, they said pump gas. Only after a certain YouTube channel popped off did they edit the post. VMP's announcement video did not mention octane booster. It is being publicized more now.

I agree that this is nothing new. You can see the same results when the gen 5 Whipple came out. The big hangup is no tuning. Whipple has never been the end all, be all for tuning on these. They offer a warranty, which is nice, but for the performance guy, it isn't enough. Until tuning is cracked, this is going to stall out.

What would be VERY attractive to me is someone putting an Odin, Edelbrock, centrifigual, or turbo on an s650 with the Whipple throttle body. Someone could make that work since the air load would be better scaled and I think it would be enticing if it worked.
There's the top end of the market who wants more, but more importantly, it's the value proposition of the S650 and the additional costs of that car and the blower itself (which is more expensive) that beg the question, what additional am I getting for the extra coin?

Granted, everything gets more expensive every day, so there's an element of that, but outside of inflation escalation, what extra performance does the S650 with a whipple on 93 bring you that you can't get with an S550? The styling cues, the digital dash and having the latest thing only get you so far before you start asking yourself why you should drop $10k+ more just to have the S650 in the same output as an S550.

If you're comparing apples/apples, it's hard to justify the bump in price over a 7G with a whipple vs a 6G. That's just my personal opinion.

Now, had Ford said, here's an incremental improvement at the same price, I think it would be a no brainer (if you're fine with just 800 or so rwhp for now). But that's not what they've done. They slapped on some body changes, ABSOLUTELY shoved in (like it was an afterthought) a digital display and said "Here's the new mustang, now pay $10k more for it."

Combine that with the shitheads who continue to PURPOSEFULLY choke supply for the more sought after variants and create rapist opportunities for stealerships and voila, you get, a $60k-$70K MSRP vehicle with stealerships asking ADM's on top of that.

Sorry, I just don't see the additional value. It's like saying "Here's the Iphone 14, it's a micron better than the Iphone 13, but we're going to ask that you pay $300 more for it." There's an old saying, it's a crime not to separate a sucker from their money.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
They are definitely going all out chasing a number on the Dyno. 7th gear pull, Drag radials removed, octane booster.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who watches/worships guys like streetspeed, stangchode and Zander? Guys know fuck all about cars and seem like fake douchebags. At least Cleetus races and breaks shit
Sponsored