Sponsored

StreetSpeed717's 2024 Mustang GT gets a Whipple!

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Today, Jared heads down to Lujan Motorsports in Miami, FL for ANOTHER 2024 Ford Mustang GT Whipple Installation, however, this particular S650 belongs to our friend Mike, aka StreetSpeed717!

Check out StreetSpeed717 here! https://www.youtube.com/@UCa9MHqAoA-8...

Stay tuned for Part 2, where we meet up with Mike at Palm Beach Dyno, strap this thing down to the dyno, and put some impressive numbers to ground. Not to mention getting Mike behind the wheel for the first time since it's been given an extra 300+ HP to the wheels.

Check out the latest VLOG!

DON'T FORGET ABOUT OUR Whippled 2022 Mustang GT we're giving away!

Every $1 you spend here at Lethal Performance from March 1, 2024 through May 31, 2024 gains you 1 entry (max limit = 10,000 entries per person).*

Buy a $20 T-shirt? That's 20 entries.

Buy a $5,000 supercharger kit? That's 5,000 entries!

No purchase necessary.

See https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/teamlethal-mustang-giveaway for details.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Eeeeew, S650.

Sponsored

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
Whipple is balls to the wall with marketing these numbers. 12psi on pump gas with cats is literally leading to tons of cat failures and blown motors.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Whipple is balls to the wall with marketing these numbers. 12psi on pump gas with cats is literally leading to tons of cat failures and blown motors.
the vendors have to make money somehow…

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't mind that they're pushing the S650 and the Whipple Gen6 H.A.R.D, but they get all ass hurt when you call out the blatant fudging.

The reason I disagree with the statement about blown motors is because they're doping the F out of this with fuel booster to achieve the hero/marketing numbers.

If you run the car constantly fed with fuel additive, then it'll be fine. But without a octane booster, the car performs pretty much like any run of the mil gen2 or gen3 whipple 3.0 setup on 93. (when comparable with headers, etc).

The Whipple gen6 is probably an incremental improvement (I'd love to have one in place of my Gen5) but it's dubious to believe that the new gen blower is going to move the needle all that much.

I've seen nothing to convince me that this offering of the new mustang and new whipple is anything noticeably better than the previous S550 offerings. (pump 93 vs pump 93).

If it were me (and I've posted this in other threads) I'd be sinking my hopes and dreams in trying to find a cheap and economical stand alone PCM that can unlock the true potential of the S650 and all the sales and components that come with that (axles, driveshafts, suspension upgrades, transmission upgrade parts, fuel system, ETC, ETC, ETC). If the great business I'd built up over many years and all my employees were counting on continued success, I'd be behind the scenes working with MOTEC or HALLTECH or HOLLEY or AEM or Fueltech or anyone who could quickly and ECONOMICALLY offer a stand alone management system that would return the S650 back to what the S550 platform offers the entire enthusiast market. But that's me.

Because $10K for a blower and 750 hp on pump 93 (or 830 on doped up 93) isn't wah wah wahhhhhhh, but it's certainly nothing new and spectacular or a marked jump in any way.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I don’t get all the asterisks around octane booster.
When I supercharged my 2014 coyote it was commonly known to use torco additives with every fillup if you were on pump 93… everyone did it.

This has been normal since the 1st blown coyotes over a decade ago, always ordering a case of torco or boostane.

OP
OP
JakeLethal

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Today, Jared heads down to Lujan Motorsports in Miami, FL for ANOTHER 2024 Ford Mustang GT Whipple Installation, however, this particular S650 belongs to our friend Mike, aka StreetSpeed717!

Check out StreetSpeed717 here! https://www.youtube.com/@UCa9MHqAoA-8...

Stay tuned for Part 2, where we meet up with Mike at Palm Beach Dyno, strap this thing down to the dyno, and put some impressive numbers to ground. Not to mention getting Mike behind the wheel for the first time since it's been given an extra 300+ HP to the wheels.

Check out the latest VLOG!

Every $1 you spend here at Lethal Performance from March 1, 2024 through May 31, 2024 gains you 1 entry (max limit = 10,000 entries per person).*

No purchase necessary.

See https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/teamlethal-mustang-giveaway for details.
StreetSpeed717's 800+ HP Supercharged 2024 Mustang GT on the Dyno!

Now with the Whipple Supercharger installed thanks to our friends at Lujan Motorsports, Jared and Mike, aka StreetSpeed717, head over to Palm Beach Dyno in Boynton Beach, FL to see what his 2024 Mustang GT will make to the wheel, first on 93 Octane alone, then adding some Octane Booster to see what it can do!

Check out the Whipple Supercharger Kits for 2024 Mustang GT and Dark Horse here! :

https://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2024-mustang-gt/superchargers/whipple-superchargers

No purchase necessary.

Sponsored

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
I don't mind that they're pushing the S650 and the Whipple Gen6 H.A.R.D, but they get all ass hurt when you call out the blatant fudging.

The reason I disagree with the statement about blown motors is because they're doping the F out of this with fuel booster to achieve the hero/marketing numbers.

If you run the car constantly fed with fuel additive, then it'll be fine. But without a octane booster, the car performs pretty much like any run of the mil gen2 or gen3 whipple 3.0 setup on 93. (when comparable with headers, etc).

The Whipple gen6 is probably an incremental improvement (I'd love to have one in place of my Gen5) but it's dubious to believe that the new gen blower is going to move the needle all that much.

I've seen nothing to convince me that this offering of the new mustang and new whipple is anything noticeably better than the previous S550 offerings. (pump 93 vs pump 93).

If it were me (and I've posted this in other threads) I'd be sinking my hopes and dreams in trying to find a cheap and economical stand alone PCM that can unlock the true potential of the S650 and all the sales and components that come with that (axles, driveshafts, suspension upgrades, transmission upgrade parts, fuel system, ETC, ETC, ETC). If the great business I'd built up over many years and all my employees were counting on continued success, I'd be behind the scenes working with MOTEC or HALLTECH or HOLLEY or AEM or Fueltech or anyone who could quickly and ECONOMICALLY offer a stand alone management system that would return the S650 back to what the S550 platform offers the entire enthusiast market. But that's me.

Because $10K for a blower and 750 hp on pump 93 (or 830 on doped up 93) isn't wah wah wahhhhhhh, but it's certainly nothing new and spectacular or a marked jump in any way.
I agree with everything you say. The issue is that they are not being clear about octane booster. People think 800whp on pump 93 is acceptable or possible or safe.

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
I don’t get all the asterisks around octane booster.
When I supercharged my 2014 coyote it was commonly known to use torco additives with every fillup if you were on pump 93… everyone did it.

This has been normal since the 1st blown coyotes over a decade ago, always ordering a case of torco or boostane.
Because Whipple and Lethal and VMP are not disclosing octane booster.

Or, at least they are being shady about it.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Because Whipple and Lethal and VMP are not disclosing octane booster.

Or, at least they are being shady about it.
I think Shady is a strong word. They've definitely admitted that some of the 8xx runs were with headers and doped fuel, but they do get awfully offended about it when you call out that a coyote on a whipple with a 3.625 pulley, doped fuel and headers making 830 rwhp isn't anything novel or spectacular or noteworthy. You can do that with any gen2/gen3.

The part that I find deceitful is the energy and hype around.............the same shit you can get with a gen2/gen3 equivalent setup.

Again, I get it. Their livelihood hangs on the brink. This locked PCM nonsense is a serious threat to the whole enthusiast marketplace. But rather than trying to stand before us putting lipstick and wigs on the new player (same as the old player) what they should be doing is finding the solution to get around the locked PCM. Cause in my unqualified opinion, this strategy of hope that everyone doesn't notice the S650 is largely the same with a blower as the S550, isn't going to work very well.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Curious as to why y’all partnered with StreetSpeed on this one. He’s a Vette guy first and foremost, this is going to be a giveaway car for his channel so it won’t be around long and he’s kind of a douche, along the lines of StangChode IMO. I guess I kinda get it from a marketing standpoint, he gets way more views than StangChode does.

I guess what I’m really saying is I like the videos Jared does when it’s him and the other Lethal folks and the vendors, don’t need to add goobers like Mike but that’s just me I suppose.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
But the s650 is so ugly…
Sponsored